Plays.tv

Sim Flyer

Hey

Is Anyone using plays.tv to record your DCS sessions?

I am having a major problem with it, it only seems to record from i am starting up DSC and until i am choosing a server to join, as soon as i join the server it stops recording, i tried manual recording as well but doesnt seem to change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I have once tried playTV, but it was always bugged. What kind of video card do you use?

If it's a Nvidia Geforce I would recommend using Geforce experience. If it's an AMD try using Radeon Relive. I've only got experience with Geforce Experience and it works great.

Hope this helps a bit even though it doesn't really answer your question.

PlaysTV and DCS don't like each-other because DCS does not run in "real" fullscreen by default. It runs in a borderless-maximized window, so most of the time it does not get detected as a running game.

Try using Alt-Enter to go to fullscreen if playstv won't record. (although I have switched from PlaysTV because it crashed to often and now use Radeon ReLive, I still have to ALT+Enter for it to enable the playback mode)

I've always had issues with it, i either use OBS or AMD's Built In Recording.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Now that we have ReLive, you should use that instead. It's developed by AMD themselves and neatly implemented in the driver interface since driver update 16.12.1 and forward. It works very well in my opinion and Plays.tv is pretty much obsolete now.