13G in the F5

Fionn

Hi, i have been playing around with the pitch dampener, or lack thereof! I can hit 13g instantaneous turn without it! In RL would this pull the wings off? In the sim there seems to be no negative effect, obviously there would need to be serious maintenance once the plan was back on the ground. But it flies exactly as it did before the turn. :pilotfly:

Could the stress damage be cumulative? I was doing a series of high g, and nothing happened, when suddenly the plane fell apart in a 10,5 g turn. The last turn shown on tacview graph is when the plane disintegrated.

6u4guB6.jpg

Could the stress damage be cumulative? I was doing a series of high g, and nothing happened, when suddenly the plane fell apart in a 10,5 g turn. The last turn shown on tacview graph is when the plane disintegrated.

6u4guB6.jpg

yeah maybe, i will test now to see if i can get it to happen on the first pull...

I pulled five 14G turns consecutively, then snapped my left wing off pulling a 16G after. Pushed the envelope just a little too far on that last one.

In any case, if it was real life, returning to base with that level of over-g on the air frame would have equated to some very angry maintainers and me flying a desk for a bit from my Commander. :P

:pilotfly:

I pulled five 14G turns consecutively, then snapped my left wing off pulling a 16G after. Pushed the envelope just a little too far on that last one.

In any case, if it was real life, returning to base with that level of over-g on the air frame would have equated to some very angry maintainers and me flying a desk for a bit from my Commander. :P

what if youve had good reason. ie i needed to out turn my mig21bis pursuer to not be a smoldering wreck, or dodge a SAM, or something along those lines.

im sure the commander values pilot life over airframe stress. or has the USAF gone back into the "fly safe" mentality again from the 50/60s? :)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm not sure but I think one result of over-g'ing your F-5 is that you can't get the AIM-9 off the rails any more. Today I accidently pulled 10g in a dogfight with a MiG-21, and once I found myself perfectly lined up on his six for the missile shot, pressing the trigger didn't get the missiles off.

I'm going to have to experiment with the because I've had multiple occasions when I can't fire aim9, would make sense of it was g related...