DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

terminator363

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... looks like Normandy has priority now, once Normandy is out, and before finishing it, I guess SoH would have priority and so on...

That would be Caucasus map and then SoH

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

looks like so :ermm:

I hoped for some kind of fixes for the NTTR map, which has been getting worse for months but, well, looks like Normandy has priority now, once Normandy is out, and before finishing it, I guess SoH would have priority and so on...

IIRC what Wags said on Mudspike, the plan is Normandy->Caucasus 2.5->SoH->Surprise

Looks like attack chopper heaven!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

really absolutely no news that are worth mentioning in the newsletter that has nothings in common with WWII?

Or is this a belsimtek only newsletter again that wasnt marked as such?

anyways, the images are looking great and the B-17 FF is looking very awesome...has there been an official announcement about it? I cant remember.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

really absolutely no news that are worth mentioning in the newsletter that has nothings in common with WWII?

Or is this a belsimtek only newsletter again that wasnt marked as such?

anyways, the images are looking great and the B-17 FF is looking very awesome...has there been an official announcement about it? I cant remember.

The B-17G is an AI only model.

The B-17G is an AI only model.

well, thats too bad. Despite my thoughts against WWII Birds in DCS this big Bird would somethings I´d purchase instantly :)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yours sounds a lot less firm ;)

well, i did not want to sound like a firm. :) i have ONLY hopes, just like others

so, what i see: the "firm" focuses on a lot of other things than making that detailed B-17 model human-flyable. currently. we got it.

but i hope :yes: - and a lot of people as well, as i read their replies everywhere: on these forum pages, simhq, mudspike, facebook etc. - ED will have notions and plans and will be wise enough (in the "distant?" future) to making this old and not classified bird flyable...

(unlikely with the same detailed Su-24, Tu-22 or MiG-31 model what left/put among "AI only" - what are probably already flyable for other "firms" who ordered that "function" oustside of DCSW)

...after the "firm" finished Normandy, Caucasus-Black Sea, SOH maps, and F/A-18C, P-47D, Me.262A1 ACs.

it could be a profitable business decision imho, :music_whistling: a cash cow, coz i believe thousands of customers are waiting for to post replies with following text/gif: shut up and take my money :rotflmao:

pretty sure it wont be happening this year or in the next, but maybe after that it will be on the top of the priority list :thumbsup:

:D while everybody knows: everything is subject to change :hehe:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Really nice email from ED, flash sale and new screenshots. Check your emails:)

DCS: Normandy 1944 Map News

Our map team is hard at work bringing the Normandy map to completion with most of the work focusing on bug clean up and tuning. We are getting close! Once the map is available for pre-purchase, we will announce the release date.

One question we often read about the Normandy map is if non-World War II units will work with it. It certainly will! In fact, we think many of you will find it an amazing map for helicopters and close air support aircraft in particular.

For this update, we've included several images of many modern day DCS World unit types in the Normandy map.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/572/

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So is this considered an early weekend news letter? I know with Matt not being available for the weekend stream for Normandy, is this the reason for a news letter today?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

That being said, I know they will be working on modern buildings as well.

I seriously doubt that. Too many man hours for little to no gain.

EDIT: They would have to redo the airfields as well.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: