DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

terminator363

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there notable differences between the Mig-29A model and the Mig-29S model?

Interesting thing is that 9-13 version (NATO code Fulcrum C) is remarkable upgrade compared to the old 9.12.

• Flight control system improvements
  • New L-203BE Gardenyia-1 ECM system
  • Improved N019M radar
  • Limited ground-attack capability

I'm wondering if the new 9-13 version can be the platform for a future Mig-29 PFM+ASM module.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Interesting thing is that 9-13 version (NATO code Fulcrum C) is remarkable upgrade compared to the old 9.12.

• Flight control system improvements
  • New L-203BE Gardenyia-1 ECM system
  • Improved N019M radar
  • Limited ground-attack capability

I'm wondering if the new 9-13 version can be the platform for a future Mig-29 PFM+ASM module.

Bye

Phant

Actually not planed ASM, only Mig-29 PFM after the Su-33 PFM

Actually not planed ASM, only Mig-29 PFM after the Su-33 PFM

Officially speaking you are correct, next step will be (or should be) AFM upgrade.

But we all know that some FC3 aircraft are candidates to be a full DCS module (Eagle and Flanker for example).

Some time ago someone from ED (Wags?) spoke about SMT version (later proved to be too classified): 9-13 could be a more realistic choise for a future DCS module.

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

FYI, 2.0.5 is planned for this week and will add support for the Spitfire and the Viggen.

Thanks for the great info Sith! As I wrote in another thread, I know neither the Spit nor Viggen really fit into the Nevada environment, but due to far better performance and overall better graphics, i vastly prefer this version over 1.5 until 2.5 is out.

So finally an oportunity to fly my two most favorite planes in my favorite version of DCS. Super excited for the update, another reason to look forward to Friday! :thumbup:

• ED Team
Thanks for the great info Sith! As I wrote in another thread, I know neither the Spit nor Viggen really fit into the Nevada environment, but due to far better performance and overall better graphics, i vastly prefer this version over 1.5 until 2.5 is out.

So finally an oportunity to fly my two most favorite planes in my favorite version of DCS. Super excited for the update, another reason to look forward to Friday! :thumbup:

This is a simulation, everything fits everywhere, you are only limited by your imagination :)

I mean come on, high speed, low level in NTTR with the Viggen, whats not to love :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This is a simulation, everything fits everywhere, you are only limited by your imagination :)

I mean come on, high speed, low level in NTTR with the Viggen, whats not to love :)

Absolutely, looking forward to it! Now if only I could figured out how to fit Kuznetsov if one of those lakes for some target practice :lol:

Thanks for the info! It's been a while since the last NTTR update.

Exactly, nevada is far superior than 1.5... plus its a training range perfect place to learn new modules! Plus i imagine this means 2.0 is getting the ground work done for the Normandy map integration.....:D

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Semi-heart-attack

I've read "2.5 is planned for this week" :lol::lol:

Me too... Had to do a double-take on that one.... :megalol:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So what are the chances that at least the Viggen's hotfixes will see a release on 1.5 Open Beta this Friday as well? It seems silly to arbitrarily hold back those fixes for 1.5 if they are already ready to go.

I doubt ED will update both versions on the same day.

They are working their butts off to get Normandy ready so not this week, but we are getting very close.

Maybe an announcement this week to pre-purchase Normandy. Ten we'll know we are close! :music_whistling::)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals