Latest Mirage update - how do I know?

CR4ZYHOR5E

Hi,

New to DCS so apologies for what may be an obvious question, but I bought the M2000C a couple of days ago and assumed it was the latest (early release) version? However reading the other thread about aerodynamic performance I noticed that people were saying that inaccurate 'ability to supercruise' was addressed in an update. Testing just now I found I was bombing along at M1.03 at FL300 sipping fuel on about 90% (no AB). Running in 2.0/NTTR if it makes a difference?

So I assume I need to update? How do I do this?

CH

P.S. The M2000C cockpit is utterly amazing in VR! Thanks RAZBAM.

You do not need to worry about updating your modules, everything is updated at the same time when DCS updates (usually on Fridays)

you can also run 'Update DCS World ' from your start menu if you are unsure.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you update DCS all modules are updated along with it. 2.0 hasn't been updated in a while so there are times when 1.5 is 1 or 2 updates ahead of 2.0.

Looking at changelogs I can see that quite a few changes have been made that you wont see in 2.0 yet.

Edited by cthulhu68

You'll need to check the first page of the update thread too, to see what the changes are.

It can be a bit daunting keeping up with the changes to the Mirage's systems at first - Razbam seem to be fixing or upgrading things on almost a weekly basis.

The Mirage was the first piece of Beta software I have bought ( I'm very cynical ) , and I'm happy and amazed at the work rate of the developers in the 6 months I have 'flown' it.

You'll love the M2000C when you get to know it ;)

...I've noticed that the M2000 performance is quite a bit different in 1.5.5 to 2.0, particularly how the jet loses energy (either in turn, or with airbrakes extended in level flight). Even when I account for density altitude and other factors that might affect performance, pretty sure there are fairly significant differences. cthulhu68's post makes sense based on what I'm seeing in sim.

Great module, enjoying it a lot.