AI does not always start if mission run directly after launching DCS

DCS 1.5.5.60565.216

For some missions, if the mission is started immediately after launching DCS, the AI fails to start some of the aircraft. If the mission is started after anything else (same mission, other mission or track file), the AI starts normally most of the time.

I've seen two occurrences of this very nasty bug, it seems independent of the module so I'm reporting the links here to centralize, please add other cases if detected, preferably with track file.

Tracks provided in the links below. Play it first after launching DCS, then a second time (or more).

1) In the M-2000C campaign, mission 9

Saxon's lights should be visible after first dialog over the radio, after a few seconds.

2) In the OPF campaign, mission 6

Wingmen's A-10C lights should be visible at about 23:26:39 (aircraft clock).

Note: Funny thing, we also see the mouse bug when playing the tracks, the mouse cursor jumps after a few seconds of inactivity. When playing the mission, it fails to disappear, I suppose it's a temporary work-around.

Note 2: see also this post, possible work-around / clues about what is wrong. I haven't tested it yet.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

The fixes for these issues should be in the next patch.

It has been the holiday season hence the break between patches, but we should be back on track soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a few tests including the two missions above, and it works fine now, I haven't had this issue since the 1.5.6.1340.230 update.

Thanks! :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR