Buddy Lasing?

ST0RM

I was on the 99th's server last night and using the F10 function, became a FAC and it said I had the option to lase a target using codes 1113 or 1688. Russian or US codes...

However, after reading through the Q&A above, this isnt actually possible as the Gazelle's onboard laser is ranging only.

So how can I add this option to my missions so that I can lase for my buddies in the fast movers? Is there a special mod/script?

Thanks. I'm really loving this BTW.

-Jeff

I was on the 99th's server last night and using the F10 function, became a FAC and it said I had the option to lase a target using codes 1113 or 1688. Russian or US codes...

However, after reading through the Q&A above, this isnt actually possible as the Gazelle's onboard laser is ranging only.

So how can I add this option to my missions so that I can lase for my buddies in the fast movers? Is there a special mod/script?

Thanks. I'm really loving this BTW.

-Jeff

Good evening. We use a modified version of the awesome CTLD script to accomplish this function. The ground FAC is made to an AIR FAC via a script our member made up. I'm not sure if it's shared on here, but the mission file is embedded in every multiplayer track file you have, so you should have a copy of it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to double post, but attached is the F99th FAC script from the http://www.f99th.com website. It comes with the following instructions:

1. Download MIST and CTLD and install into your mission.

2. Edit the fac.lua script to reflect your mission settings.

3. Install fac.lua into your mission.

fac.zip

Edited by jeffdude
added attachment
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone create, or point me to, a guide showing me how to use this in my missions?

Did you work it out? I'd very much like to use this too.

Any advice from you mission experts out there would be very much appreciated!

Apparently so but I'm struggling to get it working. In our test mission at the moment it seem to start auto spotting targets, each time incrementing the laser code by +1, but my A10 buddies aren't picking anything up on scan.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the mod?