** DCS: AJS-37 WIP Pre-Release Manual Released! **

Cobra847

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leatherneck: I found two new errors in the manual. Sorry if they were already reported.

page 111 : "contact are" (add and S to contact)

page 116 : "The normal radar functionality will return of the radar selector" (replace "of" by "if")

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Here are some other minor errors :

page 121 : "The pod can use used in either the automatic or manual modes."

page 121 : "Chaff can [missing "be"] released in one of 4 programs"

page 124 : "The Radar warning receiver APP-27 will initiate chaff release when a radar lock [missing "is detected"?]."

page 130 : "Mark points will not be added [missing "to" ?] the fuel and time calculations"

@Flanker : That game, Fighter Bomber! I didn't know the Viggen was in it (at that time, I only knew of the american jets anyway, haha). I can't even remember which aircraft I ever flew in the game. Tornado maybe? Thanks for bringing it back to my mind!

@legitscoper : Are you refering to page 26? If yes, know that all of the instruments are thoroughly described further in the manual.

Edited by Flappie

In the photos below: this was the last time I flew with Viggen ... I had to expect that things would be complicated quite a bit! Therefore... G is still lower the gears?

Thanks you Flanker for reminding me of this game. Ever since the viggen was announced I have been trying to remember where I had flown it before. Lots of people were saying the viggen had never been in a simulator before, but I knew I had flown it somewhere, I just couldn't remember which game. When I saw your post and googled it the memories came flooding back and I still have a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about it. Once again, thank you.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I have seen "Fighter Bomber" (that's what it was called right?) sometime in 2000s, C-64 version on PC in a C-64 emulator, years after my Commodore was gone. And I was semi-blown away saying "wow... there was a sim in C64 with 3D aircraft models!?" :).

I think player could choose between Viggen, F-4, Tornado and MiG-27 right? I would LOVE it if/when all these 4 become available in DCS :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Actually Argonaut Software made a sim for the amiga in 1992 which among a lot of planes also included the viggen, unfortunately it was quite bad, more a action flight sim.

Computer HW:

CPU: i7-5930K; RAM: 32GB DDR4;GPU: 2xAsus GTX-980Ti; MotherBoard: Asus Rampage VI Extreme; Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II; Monitor: Samsung 34" S34E790C; Headphones Thurtle Beach

Controler HW:

HOTAS #1: Thrustmaster Warthog; HOTAS #2: Saitek X-65F (The best!); HOTAS #3: Saitek X-52 Pro; Pedals: MFG Crosswind

Keyboard: Saitek S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 + Logitech G-13

MFD: ThrustMaster Cougar MFD's

Mouse: Logitech G-700

Oculus Rift: CV1

Well, there IS the JA-37D/Di in Falcon BMS 4.33...but obviously its no attacker. I don't think they even included it's ARAKs for it's secondary ground attack role.

Quite doable if you go insane on the db textfiles:

bmsAJS37new6.png

We flew primarily ground strike missions for a while, good times it was.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Amiga version of Fighter Bomber has the following planes:

PLayable

F-111 F

F-15 Eagle

Tornado (Germany)

F4 Phantom

AJ 37 Viggen

Tornado (UK)

Mig-27 Flogger

AI

F-14 Tomcat

F-16 Falcon

F-5E Tiger II

Mig-29 Fulcrum

Su-27 Flanker

Mirage 2000

Mig-31 Foxhound

Can't remember right now if the expansionpack was just about new missions or if it also included extra aircrafts.

Quite doable if you go insane on the db textfiles:

We flew primarily ground strike missions for a while, good times it was.

I never knew you had converted it to an attack version.

BTW, as far as I know the ARAK pods were only used a short while on the first JA37's and not anymore on the D-version.

How (s)low can you go

Hi Leatherneck, here are a few more small errors found in the manual. I repeat the ones I saw earlier, because I had the wrong page numbers.

page 112 : "contact are" (add and S to contact)

page 117 : "The nor-mal radar functionality will return of the radar selector" (replace "of" by "if")

page 121 : "The pod can use used in either the automatic or manual modes."

page 121 : "Chaff can [missing "be"] released in one of 4 programs"

page 124 : "The Radar warning receiver APP-27 will initiate chaff release when a radar lock [missing "is detected"?]."

page 130 : "Mark points will not be added [missing "to" ?] the fuel and time calculations" (this one might be correct, you tell me)

page 131 : "If AKT POS is selected in on the data selector"

page 140 : "The system contain"

page 145 : "An overhead pass the pilot overflies the runway"

page 145 : "can be divides in three phases"

page 150 : "and phase 2 is finishes"

page 152 : "will result [missing "in" ?] a slightly erroneous distance indication"

page 154 : "the mode engaged which the altitude" (what?)

page 158 : "the easier it is to for the pilot"

page 159 : "When adding a fix on a navigation point. The fix is this case is compensating for errors in the

navigation system." (whole sentence to be redone, I guess)

page 159 : the full figure 120 legend is repeated

page 160 : "The origin point is set automatically based on"

That's all for now, folks. :thumbup:

Hi Leatherneck, here are a few more small errors found in the manual. I repeat the ones I saw earlier, because I had the wrong page numbers.

page 131 : "If AKT POS is selected in on the data selector"

page 140 : "The system contain"

page 145 : "An overhead pass the pilot overflies the runway"

page 145 : "can be divides in three phases"

page 150 : "and phase 2 is finishes"

page 152 : "will result [missing "in" ?] a slightly erroneous distance indication"

page 154 : "the mode engaged which the altitude" (what?)

page 158 : "the easier it is to for the pilot"

page 159 : "When adding a fix on a navigation point. The fix is this case is compensating for errors in the

navigation system." (whole sentence to be redone, I guess)

page 159 : the full figure 120 legend is repeated

page 160 : "The origin point is set automatically based on"

That's all for now, folks. :thumbup:

Nice one! I missed several of those in my #130 :doh:

Page 318

Spelling error. It say that if you want to fire a second maverick you can press the next missile button "IR-IR FRAMSTEGNING" This must be misspelled and should instead say "IR-RB FRAMSTEGN"

That's the only place "FRAMSTEGNING" is used in the manual but as a Swede it makes more sense as a word so it was probably a Swede who misspelled it.

Edited by AdurianJ

p. 369: "Manual fuel regulator (BRÄNSEREGULATOR) < 9." I don't understand the < 9., so I'm going to guess it's a typo? The man fuel reg only has AUTO and MANUAL as far as I can see. I'm a bit perplexed that the manual fuel regulator isn't manually operated by the pilot, but I guess there's a reason for calling it that.

Throughout: The fuel regulator is referred to as both manual fuel regulator (p. 49, 369-70) and fuel regulator mode switch (p. 61). A standard term should be used throughout.

p. 69: "Indicator light X-TANK BRÄ [is] lit if the external"

p. 69: "and afterburner are [set] to ON / TILL."

p. 70: "due to either or both of the two tank pumps [stopping, having stopped]."

p. 70: "Indicates less than fuel remaining is less than 24%." -- errors.

p. 73: Manual disagrees with panel texture. Manual says to set TIPP/VÄXEL switch from AUTO to LANDN, whereas cockpit texture says TILL / FRÅN.

p. 76: "they are disabled above an airspeeds over Mach 0.92." -- errors.

p. 80: "depending on [loadout] setting."

p. 82: "A brake pressure indicator is [situated] on the left front side panel."

p. 85: "sends a [signal] proportionate to the force exerted to the autpilot [where] it is then". Paragraph could do with some punctation.

p. 86: "nose down [movement] which [is] countered by a change"

p 88: "It indicates [pitch, lowercase p], roll and course angles,"

p. 93: "navigation information regarding [the selected waypoint is / selected waypoints are] displayed on the destination indicator."

p. 94: List is formatted inconsistently.

The only Viggens I know of in previous military sims were FreeFalcon and Eurofighter Typhoon, the latter only as AI aircraft.

Some 3rd party aircraft... The first one is actually quite advanced, but DCS makes all other sims feel like an old Amiga 500 ;)

FlightGear

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Saab_37_Viggen

http://nikolaivchr.github.io/flightgear-saab-ja-37-viggen/

Strike Fighters 2

http://combatace.com/topic/87980-tsf-saab-37-viggen-flygvapnet-package/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know if I didnt notice in the manual, the manual has that feature not documented yet or the feature itself is still WIP.

The timing between ejections on the BK90 should be variable. Probably it would be set in a similar way as the RBS15 seeker is programmed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?