[WIP] RAAF No. 457 Squadron

BrassEm

hmmm I'd be really interested in that. I'm the XO for the virtual RAAF No457 Squadron which was set up back in 1999 for flying IL2 and has been transitioning to DCS World for quite a while (the Cliffs of Dover debacle moved us to DCS mostly but most of our members are pure WW2 only so the journey has been a long one relieved occasionally by CUP and Team Fusion patches. Only about a quarter of us like modern era jets).

Our CO and resident graphics artist is No457_Squog if you wanted to get in touch with him (via PM) and collaborate in the work of creating 457 squadron skins.

S!

Edited by Stonehouse

I'm all for PTO Spits. With no Vs and VIIIs available, and XIV still on the distant horizon, the 457th-painted IXs will do :D. Can't wait for these.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Finally! I'll have a legitimate reason to shot down zeroes. That's Markindels Zero mod by the way. :smilewink:

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

• 2 weeks later...
Finally! I'll have a legitimate reason to shot down zeroes. That's Markindels Zero mod by the way. :smilewink:

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I will be skinning some zeroes as well :)

(Many thanks Markindels for making this possible.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=166064&stc=1&d=1500452889

Looking good! I bet that Shark Mouth was fun...

Thanks VH-Rock! Lots of pixel pushing, load and re-loads. But worth it.

DCS_Spitfire_457_003.thumb.jpg.2da64e132693d47b8fd8d2ed34902172.jpg

Edited by BrassEm
Fix Photobucket dropped link.

Spitfire ZP-X has four shark eyes. This is because the squadron had earlier painted a smaller shark mouth but later repainted it bigger with a new set of eyes. If you search "RAAF A58-600" you will see what I mean. This aircraft was special too because it was flown by both of the best aces in Australia.

Edited by Hornet_101

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

• 4 months later...
hmmm I'd be really interested in that. I'm the XO for the virtual RAAF No457 Squadron which was set up back in 1999 for flying IL2 and has been transitioning to DCS World for quite a while (the Cliffs of Dover debacle moved us to DCS mostly but most of our members are pure WW2 only so the journey has been a long one relieved occasionally by CUP and Team Fusion patches. Only about a quarter of us like modern era jets).

Our CO and resident graphics artist is No457_Squog if you wanted to get in touch with him (via PM) and collaborate in the work of creating 457 squadron skins.

S!

Is the 457 still active? Most of the Aussie squadrons for IL2 or DCS have disappeared. Very sad

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is the 457 still active? Most of the Aussie squadrons for IL2 or DCS have disappeared. Very sad

Yes we certainly are although the group is not as large as IL2 days. We've been active for about 17-18 years running now. I've been XO since about 2010 ish.

Agree, it is sad to see the local community shrink over the years. I do occasionally see posts in these forums from ex members, it is always a good moment to see that they haven't lost their love of combat flight sims even if they do their flying elsewhere these days.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Yes we certainly are although the group is not as large as IL2 days. We've been active for about 17-18 years running now. I've been XO since about 2010 ish.

Agree, it is sad to see the local community shrink over the years. I do occasionally see posts in these forums from ex members, it is always a good moment to see that they haven't lost their love of combat flight sims even if they do their flying elsewhere these days.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Good to hear mate, i used to fly with the old 453rd and we went our separate ways after the COD debacle...got DCS up and running now, might see you in the skies

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on these skins BrassEM, i was eyeballing them for a while but then i saw your post. I have almost completed Caldwells skin and will look at some more to do, hopefully we can build up a good Aussie collection. Once again well done on these.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• 1 year later...

Love your skins Brass, keep them comming mate.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE