The possibility to send ATC in VR helmet Hearphones

jef32

Hi

All is in the title. The possibility to sent ATC voices in hearphones of the virtual reality helmet and to keep engines and other sounds on the main soundcard of PC.

Thanks!

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I certainly could be wrong but I would think the entire program (DCS) would only use the one card. You can certainly add a second USB sound card for things like simshaker and etc but that uses a third party software which allows you to select the sound card to be used.

I would think it would need to be coded specifically but I'm no expert.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I certainly could be wrong but I would think the entire program (DCS) would only use the one card.
That's why i've opened this topic in the wishlist.

FSX and now P3D, but FSX since its beginning in 2006, give this possibility to redirect ATC towards a second sound device.

why not DCS ?

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

For what purpose?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

All noises in the main sound system of the Pc and ATC in hearphones like in the real world.

You already can make it so the sounds in the game are like in a helmet for Rift usage. I have done this and I think it makes the external sounds muted as would be in a helmet and radio coms sound like they would in helmet. Right or do I gotta re-test it myself?

No, you can't separate ATC sound from other sounds in DCS ( you can on FSX or P3D)

If you want,you can have all the sounds in the rift by selecting it as the main soundcard but not separate sounds.

Interesting concept. I like the idea but I think the wife would shoot me! :)

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Interesting concept. I like the idea but I think the wife would shoot me![/quote.

I think that's it's an other problem and even ED themselves can't do nothing to you.

My wife is complainting too about that, but she close the door. For her, the worst is the Uh-1H.

It is possible to have real voice comms separated, so maybe you should think about graduating to multiplayer on-line sorties?

You say that it's possible with DCS. Explain me how ?

You say that it's possible with DCS. Explain me how ?

I believe he is referring to Comms with other human players in Teamspeak in Multiplayer Servers.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Indeed, that is exactly what I was saying. That way, you can indeed split the sound into comms on one channel, and ambient noise in DCS World to another. In my rig, I have USB headphones and a built in sound card driving speakers. Of course it is only of any use when listening to human voices, hence the multiplayer suggestion.

I don't use it much since the hear like in helmet option arrived however.

Ok TS in Oculus hearphone, that' s easy. No i talked about ATC voices in single mission.

OP didn't ask about simpleradio etc. but ingame ATC, or rather the radios. I think that is a reasonable request and goes hand in hand with longstanding wish to be able to select ingame which sound device('s) should be used.

Right now DCS uses which ever sound device is set to default in the windows sound settings (atleast with my realtek audiochip). If you forgot before launching to set the sound right, you need to restart completely.

The support ingame for multiple sound devices I guess would be great for pit builders of any kind.