Mission 8: Emergencies

Just wanted to report that this mission is not working. I have flown it four times. After the clearing turns and the engine restart the random failures do not start. The flight instructor tells me that I have failed to act accordingly to the emergency but the aircraft never displays the emergency.

Thanks!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Does this happen in the practice mission too?

What happens if you perform the procedures after the instructor tells you what has failed? I believe the mission is still passable even if the failures don't actually occur - you can still perform the checklist procedures.

ED broke alot of the triggers in recent updates so it's likely they impacted these as well. Will retest when we get a chance.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I do not know when to start doing the procedures for each emergency since they never happen. It will randomly say you did not properly perform and go to the next emergency which also does not happen. So for instance the first CDU emergency....it will just fail me without me seeing the CDU actually fail. It has only happened in the actual campaign. I have not tried the practice mission.

Thank you for your reply!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We retested and something is definitely wrong with the set failure triggers.

The failures will occur but they happen at random times after the trigger fires.

For example 3 tests with the CDU and we found the failure actually executed at 18, 38 and 44 seconds after the trigger was executed.

Similar for the Right and Left Hydro failures. R-Hydro failure occurred at 1, 35 and 49 seconds. L-Hydro was 1, 36 and 43 seconds after the trigger executed.

You can see it with the attached test mission. It only has one trigger which is TIME(10), SET FAILURE (CDU, 100, 1).

The L-Generator failure seemed to be the most consistent as it failed immediately after 10 seconds as expected. Looks like the random failures really are random!

We will update the campaign and practice missions to give more time for the failures to occur and also a visual indication when to start the test so you can complete the procedure (even if the failure doesn't actually occur).

Thanks for reporting this issue. :thumbup:

A-10C CDU FAILURE TEST.miz

Will I pass if I do not pass the emergency procedures?

Have flown the mission 5 times and landed each time. The trigger after landing must be broken also. It's time to move on and call this mission a loss.

It's definitely frustrating when the triggers don't work as expected.

Hopefully after the next update ED will have corrected many of the issues.

We will retest the mission again but if the underlying game engine has problems there isn't much we can do from the mission perspective.

Mission 9 the same thing. No triggers work and no audio guidance from the flight instructor. I give up for now.

We retested BFT08 both Practice and Campaign missions and the triggers worked properly on our system.

The CDU failure didn't occur as reported earlier but you can still pass the mission executing the correct emergency procedures.

We are going to add some additional text to help indicate when the failures occur and include the checklist details in the practice mission to help with training.

Will retest BFT09 next but as we indicated, if things aren't playing as expected do a DCS Repair and/or re-install the campaign module.

I am not using any modifications to an original install of DCS. Thanks for tips. I will just wait until things are stable between the campaign and DCS.

• 1 year later...

Sounds like you have the procedure correct:

1. Move the inoperative engine throttle to OFF. [RALT + END]

2. Move the APU switch to PWR.

3. Set the Engine Operate switch of the affected engine to MOTOR.

4. When the affected engine ITT is below 100C then move throttle from OFF to IDLE. [RALT + HOME]

5. Move the Engine Operate switch back to NORM.

The key command for Left Engine Off to IDLE is: RALT + HOME

Make sure your left throttle is actually in the OFF position: RALT + END

Please report back if you continue to have problems and we can investigate further.

Can't restart the left engine, the temperature does not drop bellow 100º. I don't have separate throttle do left and right. when I idle the throttle its idles both engines. Help pls.

Thanks.

4. When the affected engine ITT is below 100C then move throttle from OFF to IDLE. [RALT + HOME]

It is enough when the ITT is below 150°C cause you are under 15000 feet.

Edited by woodlanddragon

I7 7700k - MSI Z270 PC MATE DUAL - CORSAIR DDR4 32GB - NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EIZO FS2735 - TRACKIR - GUILLEMOT PRODUCTS - CH PRODUCTS - SB X-FI FATALITY PLATINUM - VAICOM PRO - TACVIEW

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

But i have an other issue. At the last task. Manual Reversion Landing i am doing everything right. Like in this video at 30:15:

But than my both ailerons begin to flutter instead to freeze? Dont know how to stop it! Any ideas?

I7 7700k - MSI Z270 PC MATE DUAL - CORSAIR DDR4 32GB - NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EIZO FS2735 - TRACKIR - GUILLEMOT PRODUCTS - CH PRODUCTS - SB X-FI FATALITY PLATINUM - VAICOM PRO - TACVIEW

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

That's a known issue. Not sure what DCS release version that change happened in.

Make sure your joystick is centered and use the trim buttons to control your elevation, pitch and roll and slowly make your descent.

When your speed gets slower and at lower altitude it seems to clear (at least it did in our testing).

Oooooh maaaaan! Dont know how to get this bird ridden!?!

use the trim buttons to control your elevation, pitch and roll and slowly make your descent.

Do you mean the trim buttons on the stick or with emer override on the panel? Cause with the trim buttons on the stick there is no chance to roll?! :surrender:

Edited by woodlanddragon

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

Just made it: :megalol: :lol::megalol:

Rating for landing ^^:

Unbenannt.jpg

Overall rating:

Unbenannt2.jpg

Best ride EVEEEER!!!!:megalol::megalol::megalol:

The trick was to map the emergency override trim on the stick with no reversion. But hell, i dont want to get in this situation in real life XD

Edited by woodlanddragon

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

Sounds like you have the procedure correct:

1. Move the inoperative engine throttle to OFF. [RALT + END]

2. Move the APU switch to PWR.

3. Set the Engine Operate switch of the affected engine to MOTOR.

5. Move the Engine Operate switch back to NORM.

The key command for Left Engine Off to IDLE is: RALT + HOME

Make sure your left throttle is actually in the OFF position: RALT + END

Please report back if you continue to have problems and we can investigate further.

The way to work is:

1st return EOS to norm, then restart the engine.

For the rocking hell you have add some weapons at the start.

:thumbup::joystick:

Well done! At least you didn't get killed - though I think the aircraft is ready for the scrap heap! :thumbup:

At least its a simulation :music_whistling:.

But i think, the whole aircraft wouldnt end on the scrap heap. Im sure, the handles for the ejection seat, are in best condition! :sorcerer:

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the tips here, loading sidewinders and mavs got rid of the uncontrollable oscillating in manual reversion mode.

However I'm confused about the procedure for Left generator failure. The instructor wants me to to enable crossfeed, then reset generator. But the checklist in the manual does not mention crossfeed. Just reset Gen and if that doesn't work turn on apu and apu Gen.

Hi out there in this very great world full of wonders and other things that only the A-10C WARTHOGA MPLIFIED CHECKLIST can discribe.

Search it in X:\YOURFAVORITORDERTOGETRIDOFEVERYTHIHNG\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification\Doc

There should be a magic file. In this you can find your searched PDF.

Honerstly

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT