Instruments export availability for extra monitor?

ron533

HI All,

New to the Mirage after long time on the A10C.

I would like to know which instruments are available for export to another monitor.

Have anyone made a JSGME file of them?

I did so for the A10C, and like to export as many instruments as possible to my other monitor.

Thanks!

:thumbup:

P.S. I'm using the method described here to export :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2133064&postcount=2

Callsign   SETUP

HI All,

New to the Mirage after long time on the A10C.

I would like to know which instruments are available for export to another monitor.

Have anyone made a JSGME file of them?

I did so for the A10C, and like to export as many instruments as possible to my other monitor.

Thanks!

:thumbup:

P.S. I'm using the method described here to export :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2133064&postcount=2

I'll see what can be done to help you.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hi Ron,

enclosed my JSGME-Archive and my monitor-file (2x 1920x1080; Helios on the right side) for some of the instruments of the M2k.

Remember, to activate the external radar, a key/button has to be assigned to "VTB Viewport ON/OFF".

Hope it helps for the next steps. ;)

Edit: ZIP exchanged.

Mirage 2000 HELIOS.lua

Mirage 2000C HELIOS.zip

Edited by RightStuff
Info: Only exported instruments. Archive ist JSGME-ready.
  • Like 1

Hi Ron,

enclosed my JSGME-Archive and my monitor-file (2x 1920x1080; Helios on the right side) for some of the instruments of the M2k.

Remember, to activate the external radar, a key/button has to be assigned to "VTB Viewport ON/OFF".

Hope it helps for the next steps. ;)

Is it just me or your .zip file is corrupted?

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hm... So far: 14 views - 1 complaint - 0 other comments :huh:

Anyway: I'm exchangig the file.

Meanwhile try renaming it to .7z and see if this works.

Yes, my comment : Thanks a lot, works well here :thumbup:

C.

Dome display

I7 6700k (HT deactivated), 16go drr4, GTX 1080 TI, SSD, 4*1080 display @50hz (resolution 7680*1080), warping software

I try to understand how to configure HELIOS (Noob here) :

Is it possible to export gauges like the ADI (boule), the HSI or the fuel panel ?

Dome display

I7 6700k (HT deactivated), 16go drr4, GTX 1080 TI, SSD, 4*1080 display @50hz (resolution 7680*1080), warping software

Thanks for your help guys!

I'm looking for a non Helios profile please,

that DCS itself exports and draws.

waiting for some good news... :)

Cheers

+1

Dome display

Exports files

Hi,

Finally I've managed to export almost all currently available instruments for the Mirage-2000C ,

built in the module itself (non Helios), which includes : Radar/VTB, RWR, PCA. PCN, PPA, COM. FUEL Flow. (it was not very straight forward as in the A10C.....)

See attached screenshot for a sample of the exported instruments on my 4th' monitor (other 3 are in surround).

I've uploaded the files to the user files section.

Export views for the monitor config lua:

-- \\\ Mirage Radar/VTB \\\

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 6004;

y = 410;

width = 368;

height = 359;

}

M2KC_RWR =

{

x = 6530;

y = 10;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

COM =

{

x = 6004;

y = 7;

width = 120;

height = 70;

}

PCA_UR =

{

x = 6004;

y = 85;

width = 350;

height = 50;

}

PCA_BR =

{

x = 6004;

y = 138;

width = 350;

height = 50;

}

PPA =

{

x = 6004;

y = 200;

width = 70;

height = 90;

}

PCN_UR =

{

x = 7100;

y = 150;

width = 250;

height = 60;

}

PCN_BR =

{

x = 7100;

y = 212;

width = 250;

height = 60;

}

FUEL =

{

x = 7270;

y = 5;

width = 80;

height = 45;

}

Link to export files ready for JSGME: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39143190/M2KC%20Exports.7z

NOTE - Edit the resolution and resize the exports to your custom monitor configuration.

The sizes within the attached file are made for my setup, which is : 3 monitors in Surround at 6000x1200,

and another auxiliary monitor right of the main monitor at 1360x768. i.e 7360x1200 total DCS resolution.

Don't forget to bind a key to enable VTB export in the controls. it is off by default.

I'll see what can be done to help you.

Just realized that you are "Razbam" himself...:doh:

Many thanks for your work!!

I would really like it if you enable more instruments to be exported this way, without the use/burden of 3rd parties like Helios and others.

The lack of another MFD makes it lok kind of "empty"...

(Click link for my A10C monitor setup picture and exported instruments to compare http://i.imgur.com/nTIauWs.jpg).

Basic flight instruments like artificial horizon, Altimeter, Airspeed indicator, VSI/VVI,

ADI, Clock...

and others like Fault indicator (which is hard to see), fuel indicator etc'... the more the merrier :thumbup:

Cheers :)

Ron / S3TUP

C6ekMTZ.jpg

jP1Dz6a.jpg

Callsign   SETUP

Ron533, that's exactly what I was trying to do for my homemade cockpit (project). I also succed in export the same items (thanks RightStuff)

Razbam, to paraphrase Ron, thousand thanks for your dedication for the community. It would be great to develop these elements:

In an ideal world, I would be glad to be able to do without helios and have the possibility to export directly the following gauges:

rkaHuzn.jpg h7T0uVo.jpg

UHOhj0N.jpge8c1dCa.jpg

Still for the same purpose :

I use a video projector to display the 3d view without 3d cockpit. I need only one element: the refueling pole ! For refuelling operations, I need to switch to 3d cockpit view to see the pole. In the Flamming Cliff modules, the Su33 allows you to have only the pole!

Again, thanks a lot for your wonderful module

Dome display

Finally I've managed to export almost all currently available instruments for the Mirage-2000C ,

built in the module itself (non Helios), which includes : Radar/VTB, RWR, PCA. PCN, PPA, COM. FUEL Flow. (it was not very straight forward as in the A10C.....)

See attached screenshot for a sample of the exported instruments on my 4th' monitor (other 3 are in surround).

I've uploaded the files to the user files section.

Link to export files ready for JSGME:

Have you taken a look at my export-files above?

No idea, why you've re-invented the wheel and now publish an own version - or did I miss a big difference in your zip? :music_whistling:

Have you taken a look at my export-files above?

No idea, why you've re-invented the wheel and now publish an own version - or did I miss a big difference in your zip? :music_whistling:

Well you know what?

you are correct... :) when I saw HELIOS in your files name - I just looked away and kept on waiting ..... :doh:

I also asked for a non Helios profile later....I don't like using Helios (or HELL ios as I call it sometime... though it's a great stop gap tool)

Well...my bad...:cry:

Thanks for your efforts of course!! :thumbup: (Edit: rep inbound! and credits to you as well on the released file in the user section)

Anyway I re-learned how to do it the hard way...

I wish there was a built in tool with this module (or any DCS module ...) like the one made by Icemaker at the time for the A10C and the KA50

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831

allowing easy export and positioning of many instruments.

Unfortunately that tool is not maintained any more, and has to be done manually by the community.

Hopefully it will change some time...

Edited by ron533
rep

Callsign   SETUP

Well you know what?

you are correct... :) when I saw HELIOS in your files name - I just looked away and kept on waiting ..... :doh:

Ahhh... ok...

I should have explained the purpose a little more - and added 'JSGME-ready' to make that more clear.

Thanks for your efforts of course!! :thumbup: (Edit: rep inbound! and credits to you as well on the released file in the user section)

Thx for the rep! :thumbup:

I wish there was a built in tool with this module (or any DCS module ...) like the one made by Icemaker at the time for the A10C and the KA50

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831

allowing easy export and positioning of many instruments.

Unfortunately that tool is not maintained any more, and has to be done manually by the community.

Jep, but I don't think that'll come soon.

Cpt. Zeen hat made a workaround to use the built-in A10 in his Mig21-profile, but I hadn't had the time to dig a little deeper in in this. So: still on 'todo'. :cry:

Anyway: I'm exchangig the file.

Downloaded again. Now working. Thanks.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

ControlsIndicator

Hi again,

1. What does the "HelmetIndicator" do with exporting it?

2. I can not export the "ControlsIndicator" for some reason,

this is my "controlsindicator.lua" file with the added code to export

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes = {render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

screenspace_scale = 4;

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

MAIN = 0,

}

id_pagesubset =

{

COMMON = 0,

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."ControlsIndicator\\ControlsIndicator_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

pages[id_Page.MAIN] = { id_pagesubset.COMMON}

init_pageID = id_Page.MAIN

need_to_be_closed = true -- close lua state after initialization

try_find_assigned_viewport("ControlsIndicator")

what is wrong there??

would appreciate your help...

Thanks

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i have an question.... i use 2 monitors on LEFT i use it AS MFD and on right i play the game..

on M2000 i got an problem i cant see Radar on my Left screen but when i go to External view...

my Radar pops on left screen and when im back into internal radars goes to black screen.

how can i fix this?

• 4 years later...
Am 17.4.2017 um 20:35 schrieb Dementia:

i have an question.... i use 2 monitors on LEFT i use it AS MFD and on right i play the game..

on M2000 i got an problem i cant see Radar on my Left screen but when i go to External view...

my Radar pops on left screen and when im back into internal radars goes to black screen.

how can i fix this?

I use a 34° with 2 little screens for MFD left and right, and all works fine on A-10/F-14/F-16/F-18 ...

But I have the same Problem with the Radar Sreen of The Mirage ... he is only visible in externel view ond Black in internal view