Jammer mode [] switch functionality

Zeus67

Jammer mode [] switch functionality  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Jammer mode [] switch functionality

• Do Nothing (Jammer remains in last operational mode).
    • Always set the jammer to Standby.
    • Always set the jammer to Active.

Again : no. Sorry.

When BR system switch is On, then V light is On.

BR light indicates that the jamming is active.

It may sound a bit weird at first but :

BR means brouilleur on the switch = relates to the powering of the jammer system in a whole. When "just" powered, it remains in listening (= V / veille) mode. Veille is in the sense of listening, not stand by, here.

BR means brouillage on the light = relates to the activation of the jamming emitter (=actively jamming)

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification, this way it sounds logical :thumbup:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

That is correct. So lets assume I have the knob switched to [], and the HOTAS command on emit, V+BR are lit.

Now I switch the jammer off by rotating to VEI, only V is lit.

If I now turn the knob back to [], and we choose option 1 in the poll, the jammer will instantly start emitting, since it remembers my last HOTAS button setting, but I would have no way of knowing that.

So I would prefer option 2 unless there is some type of indication for the "remembered" HOTAS setting.

Hope this clears it up.

This is how Option 1 works:

VEI = jammer goes to standby: V is lit, BR is dark.

VEI -> [] = jammer remains in standby: V is lit, BR is dark. You must use HOTAS to change jammer mode.

[] -> PCM = jammer goes active: V is lit, BR is lit.

PCM -> [] = jammer remains active: V is lit, BR is lit. You must use HOTAS to change jammer mode.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This is how Option 1 works:

VEI = jammer goes to standby: V is lit, BR is dark.

VEI -> [] = jammer remains in standby: V is lit, BR is dark. You must use HOTAS to change jammer mode.

[] -> PCM = jammer goes active: V is lit, BR is lit.

PCM -> [] = jammer remains active: V is lit, BR is lit. You must use HOTAS to change jammer mode.

Thanks for the clarification, so VEI -> [] will always leave you on standby no matter what, but PCM -> [] and vice versa depends on your HOTAS, in that case option one would be my vote.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Thanks. No headbreakings. No 1. Do nothing. There is much other things to do.:smilewink:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Thanks for the clarification, so VEI -> [] will always leave you on standby no matter what, but PCM -> [] and vice versa depends on your HOTAS, in that case option one would be my vote.

No, going from PCM to [] will always leave your ECM emitting, until you turn it off. The HOTAS switch acts as a toggle, not a 2-position switch.

Thanks. No headbreakings. No 1. Do nothing. There is much other things to do.

Except the current implementation is not option 1. It will have to be changed.

Since both Option 1 and Option 2 are gathering the same interest I think I will create a Soecial Options entry for this. Since it boils down to personal preferences and has zero impact on mission creation.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Since both Option 1 and Option 2 are gathering the same interest I think I will create a Soecial Options entry for this. Since it boils down to personal preferences and has zero impact on mission creation.

Perfect!

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

While this might seem to be the "least evil" option currently, I would avoid putting it into special options as this will add up to the confusion later on with people asking what is the the difference.

I'd suggest if you go for one option, go for it. We'll adapt. (Voted option 1)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

After more careful look at the subject using the jammer in the last few days, i would have changed my vote from 2 t o1.

the only difference from today (from cold start) would be that you don`t need to shut it down after setting to to [] .

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sounds great! Thx.

Lord of Salt