COMM - Request Azimut

Sokol1_br

Newbie question. :)

I am used to "IFRR"/compass, dead recknoning navigation in other WWII CFS, but in DCSW I can't understand what the controller say when you request Azimuth - "Navigation Assistance".

Sometimes what they say coincides with plane actual heading, but other is complete meaningless, suggesting for example I am at N of ATC, but I know that I are a SW.

How correct interpret their information? Or they are pertinent only for jets and modern equipment?

Newbie question. :)

I am used to "IFRR"/compass, dead recknoning navigation in other WWII CFS, but in DCSW I can't understand what the controller say when you request Azimuth - "Navigation Assistance".

Sometimes what they say coincides with plane actual heading, but other is complete meaningless, suggesting for example I am at N of ATC, but I know that I are a SW.

How correct interpret their information?

It isn't the position of your aircraft but the vector and distance you need to fly to line you up with the runways entry pattern.

ie: ATC says fly 270 for 10, QFE 28.8 = fly compass heading 270 degrees for 10 km and set you altimeter pressure setting to 28.8 for correct altimeter readings, follow those instructions and you should be flying directly at the airfield / Farp.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Ty.

But this information is answer for "Incoming" (F1).

When I ask "Azimuth"(F2) their answer is:

"ATC (Batumi) - Dodge 1-1, Batumi-ADF, your heading 325".

Azimuth.jpg

In this picture somewhat reciprocal to my actual heading - not sure about Magnetic Deviation in the map.

Edited by Sokol1_br