Why "player export" disabled on so many servers?

TripRodriguez

Hey guys! Tonight was my first time trying to get onto a multiplayer server in DCS and much to my horror I found my motion simulator doesn't work on any of the servers I wanted to play on! This is a deal breaker for me =(.

It seems the setting I need is "player export".

Mostly I'm here to ask why this is disabled so I understand the problem before I get too busy begging admins to turn it on so I can fly on their servers! I can't live without my motion hehe.

I figure it's (but hope it's not) cheat or server load related. If anyone is looking to invite me into their "player export" enabled server let it be known I am a P-51D pilot looking for the most immersive experience possible. =)

Trip "RIP" Rodriguez

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

It is kinda cheat related. There was a mod that enhanced situational awareness and displayed things in ways simulated aircraft did not without it.

This caused an outcry in online community, and soon integrity check and serverside ownship export parameter introduced in a patch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I dont understand why the server needs to turn off Player exports. Other players, sure, AI and other objects sure. But the player themselves, not much cheating you can do with this. You may want to contact the server owner (they usually have a thread for their server on the forums) and request to have this feature turned on. I'm pretty sure you can specify each export setting individually. I know this is a hassle, but given the time spent on your pit and the enjoyment DCS seems to give you with it, might be worth a shot.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Thanks Jabbers! Yes there are three separate export toggles it seems.

Steel Balls it seems is a go for me if people are playing on it during my play times. I'm stuck out of town till Sunday so can't check it out. Their contact person "German" was great!

When I was looking the other night the really active WWII server was Normandy Anticipation something or other and they had player export disabled but haven't found a thread or anything for it yet.

I think Burning Skies had it off too but again I can't check until Sunday. I'll probably try contacting them too since I've got time with nothing to do but use my phone to surf the web.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF you have TacView open in mission you will have a Gods eye view of the mission.

i.e. see EVERYTHING Land, Sea and Air objects.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

IF you have TacView open in mission you will have a Gods eye view of the mission.

i.e. see EVERYTHING Land, Sea and Air objects.

Yes but TacView won't work with just "Player export" enabled and the other two export options turned off correct?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This post includes detailed information about what is disabled by each of the three export server settings.

The only reason I see for disabling ownship export ("Disable Player's Export" option) is on servers that turn off showing your own position on the F10 map. Even then, I'd argue that turning it off disables too much other functionality to be worth the gain.

As long as the F10 map allows you to see your own position, the only cheats I can come up with that turning off ownship export would prevent would be adding some basic instruments to aircraft that don't have them (radar altimeter, a decent ADI and ILS in a P-51, anyone?), keeping exported instruments functional when your virtual cockpit has an instrument failure, and establishing a side channel to your teammates (i.e. several players using the same cheat program) to display a map that shows you and your squadmates' position.

Disclaimer: I am not very familiar with PvP, if I am missing something here I'd welcome any corrections and clarifications.

Edited by [FSF]Ian

Thanks for the info. I hope server admins agree that turning on just "player export" is ok so those of us with motion Sims, g- seats,jetseats , and SimShaker sound module can fully enjoy these servers!

Ian;3008869']This post includes detailed information about what is disabled by each of the three export server settings.

The only reason I see for disabling ownship export ("Disable Player's Export" option) is on servers that turn off showing your own position on the F10 map. Even then, I'd argue that turning it off disables too much other functionality to be worth the gain.

As long as the F10 map allows you to see your own position, the only cheats I can come up with that turning off ownship export would prevent would be adding some basic instruments to aircraft that don't have them (radar altimeter, a decent ADI and ILS in a P-51, anyone?), keeping exported instruments functional when your virtual cockpit has an instrument failure, and establishing a side channel to your teammates (i.e. several players using the same cheat program) to display a map that shows you and your squadmates' position.

Disclaimer: I am not very familiar with PvP, if I am missing something here I'd welcome any corrections and clarifications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info. I hope server admins agree that turning on just "player export" is ok so those of us with motion Sims, g- seats,jetseats , and SimShaker sound module can fully enjoy these servers!

I have yet to jump into MP online play but I was not aware that simshaker/buttkickers/jetseat/motion plats did not function for most online play from the sound of it due to servers not allowing the function. That is sad to hear. I would hate to lose my simshaker when online when I start.

I have yet to jump into MP online play but I was not aware that simshaker/buttkickers/jetseat/motion plats did not function for most online play from the sound of it due to servers not allowing the function. That is sad to hear. I would hate to lose my simshaker when online when I start.

Don't worry too much, I hit up the contacts for two servers I was interested in playing on and they both turned on "player export" for us. =D

I agree, I would not want to play without SimShaker (Bass Shakers OR JetSeat) either after having played with them, I'd rather stick with single player than go multi player and lose that much immersion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]