AGM-65E, how much can I turn away?

CoNa

Hi, I have played some solo missions where the AGM-65E is used.

As this is not a "fire and forget" missile but needs to be laser guided as the Vikhr, how much can I turn away before it's loosing the lock? With the Frog it's easy to tell as you see it in the TVM. But in the Hog you don't get anything in the TVM, it's just in the HUD.

Also, if I loose the lock for a couple of seconds but turn back and try to regain it before the missile hits, will this be possible or will it fail as soon as the lock is broken?

Isn't it a bit of asking too much? I'd rather have working ARMs on the meint/AI flyables than having a more "realistic" laser lock simulation of the agm-65E :/ I think it's fine the way it is, considering the laser mav isn't even moddled for any flyables, and the A-10 doesn't have any kind of active lasing system.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Isn't it a bit of asking too much? I'd rather have working ARMs on the meint/AI flyables than having a more "realistic" laser lock simulation of the agm-65E :/ I think it's fine the way it is, considering the laser mav isn't even moddled for any flyables, and the A-10 doesn't have any kind of active lasing system.

I'm not complaining:lookaround: , just wanted to know if someone knows what the limit of this missile system is. I don't want to dodge and turn if I need to point this thing directly at the target alll the time.

One way is of course, setting up a test senario my self and try a couple of times. But I think I better ask first. I don't feel a need for re-inveting the wheel again :thumbup:

You mean . . . . . . how far away can you turn before the laser designator you don't have reaches the gimbal limits that aren't programmed, so the missile you can't carry loses lock on a laser spot that isn't there, and the limits of the Lomac code cause it to do something different to what it would do in real life? ;)

There's no answer - trial and error mate :)

The E-model Maverick is for the USMC - who don't have any A-10s.

The A-10 doesn't have a laser designator, so it should be relying on someone else's laser designation which isn't there.

Laser-guided missiles in Lomac just explode when they lose their guidance.

The real AGM-65E will just go ballistic when it loses guidance - but of course, that's not modelled here either ;)

I'd be intrigued to know who put the AGM-65E on, and which coding loophole it actually uses.

Guest IguanaKing

If you have somehow managed to load AGM-65Es on your A-10 and can get them to lock onto a target...turn as much as you want to. PAVE Penny is LOS-limited in LOMAC, but it doesn't designate your targets for you, just points you to them. Again, if you manage to lock and launch an E, someone else is lasing that target for you...turn and run!!! :D

You mean . . . . . . how far away can you turn before the laser designator you don't have reaches the gimbal limits that aren't programmed, so the missile you can't carry loses lock on a laser spot that isn't there, and the limits of the Lomac code cause it to do something different to what it would do in real life? ;)

I'd be intrigued to know who put the AGM-65E on, and which coding loophole it actually uses.

Ok, so it's an ostrich ...it's a bird... but it's not supposed to fly :thumbup:

Then it's no need to learn, as I allready have completed this mission.

Here's the mission if you want to check how it's done.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=493#dl