Was the Spitty neutered in the last 1.5.5 update

Toto

After buying the plane and flying around for about 4 hours practicing take offs, landings, and free flight, and flying 7- 8 built in dogfight missions with the Dora, I was very pleased with the Spit. Thought to myself ALL RIGHT:thumbup: someone has finally got the flight model and the performance right on the Spitfire!!!! THANK YOU DCS for coming through. UNFORTUNATLY:cry: the very next update to the 1.5.5 the planes performance and handling goes to hell in a hand basket:cry:

I know this because I had to reset all my axis's in my control setup to different settings to get the plane back under control. The plane now was sluggish, could not reach top level speeds I had reached previously, the climb ratio was altered, and in cornering went into the dreaded death spiral stall that I could not get out of. I found myself having to learn how to fly the plane all over again and had no chance against the Dora or the 109 in a dogfight.

This morning however I made a little multiplayer dogfight map, asked a friend of mine to jump in and take on some of the 109s and Dora 's I had set up using spits. The mission was set to simulator mode with labels on and set to unlimited ammo. My goodness what a travesty of realism this was. The Dora's were shot to SWISS CHEESE AND STILL FLYING. and the 109's were literally on fire and still chasing us. Please level the playing field and give the spit that damage model as well WOW!!!!! The spit would take one or 2 hits and the engine would go out!! or the wing break off and catch fire or otherwise whole wings break off. Compared to the German damage models the spit sucks big time.

I know!!! I am not making friends this way but if DCS wants to have any success with its WW2 venture, it needs to clean things up a little, otherwise people are going to go some where else for there WW2 fix.

Toto.................:pilotfly:

We are expecting a brand new damage to be released (hopefully soon) that should hopefully remove these issues.

P 51 is probably the worst offender in terms of AI damage model right now.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit