C-101 BIG UPDATE OF THE MODULE

peyvolt

great!! looking 4ward to flying this beast in AFM.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Great video and I am happy for you that you got this far. But the only thing I read is "We hope to get it finished in 2017".

Yeah. HOPE. Two AFMs in a year and it sounds like you haven't even started coding? Sorry, but that is disappointing, no matter how great the rest of the planes looks or works.

I wish you all the best, but this is not good news. It makes me sad because I want to fly those planes. And that means AFM and nothing else.

Our coder has been working on the AFM for more than two years now. We were not happy with the results and we provided him more real data. Now he has the full real FM data and many changes have to be done, he already doubled the lines of code. But all these needs a lot of tuning and testing until you see good results in the sim. Making an AFM is a really hard work and it has to be done in spare time as our coders have their own jobs apart from this extra work. We always say "hope" because we can't know for sure what the future will bring, what new difficulties we'll have to face.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Thanks for the clarification Vibora.

I understand it is complex and y'all have limited resources. No offense intended. It is still very annoying. I wish you the best to get it right now. :)

Thank you for your kind words. We understand it's annoying. We are working hard on it.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Our coder has been working on the AFM for more than two years now. We were not happy with the results and we provided him more real data. Now he has the full real FM data and many changes have to be done, he already doubled the lines of code. But all these needs a lot of tuning and testing until you see good results in the sim. Making an AFM is a really hard work and it has to be done in spare time as our coders have their own jobs apart from this extra work. We always say "hope" because we can't know for sure what the future will bring, what new difficulties we'll have to face.

I heard this numerous times since 3rd parties have appeared and I think is a bit "unprofessional". Work is measured in work hours not since you started. Work is not like smoke quitting.

Look, Razbam started the EFM of the Mirage 2000C 2 years ago at least. We know who the coder is. He delivered a year ago a proto EFM and now the FM is so tuned that is basically a different animal. And it will be tuned still. Same for Mig21Bis.

What will happen when you will start MirageF1? 4 years of "work in some evenings"? And don't tell us it will be simpler because you learned with C101 because it's not same plane... remember? CC and EB are different planes for you. 20$+30$ (I see you edited out that part from first post... but still you have so called "free"- "travelling salesman" thingy.

My only hope is that another third party will learn from your experience and instead of starting a unknown plane build 4 cockpits for it and try o sell it at a premium "pre-sell" price for years of alpha... they will simply start a WW2 bomber. I am sure they will have a lot more support.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I heard this numerous times since 3rd parties have appeared and I think is a bit "unprofessional". Work is measured in work hours not since you started. Work is not like smoke quitting.

Look, Razbam started the EFM of the Mirage 2000C 2 years ago at least. We know who the coder is. He delivered a year ago a proto EFM and now the FM is so tuned that is basically a different animal. And it will be tuned still. Same for Mig21Bis.

What will happen when you will start MirageF1? 4 years of "work in some evenings"? And don't tell us it will be simpler because you learned with C101 because it's not same plane... remember? CC and EB are different planes for you. 20$+30$ (I see you edited out that part from first post... but still you have so called "free"- "travelling salesman" thingy.

My only hope is that another third party will learn from your experience and instead of starting a unknown plane build 4 cockpits for it and try o sell it at a premium "pre-sell" price for years of alpha... they will simply start a WW2 bomber. I am sure they will have a lot more support.

I think like Zaelu, I bought your C-101 for his release but since many long month your module is uninstaled from my DCS and I'm not sure that one day I will use it.

With the Hawk, C-101 and Mirage 2000 these three are not good for me, very far of other modules...

Have to politely disagree with you Skull about the Hawk.

I wanted my money back the day I purchased but my how she has evolved.

I am so glad I didnt pursue it.She is a beauty no doubt and wonderful to fly.Take her out of the hanger again Skull.

To the thread in point.....I echo some of the sentiment mentioned above about the long development of the C101....sadness mainly.

But to lose hope is pointless.Fingers crossed Aviodev will pull it out of the bag not so far in the future:pilotfly:

Keep up the spirit guys ;)

Nothing in DCS is easy and I for one am happy that they still work on it.

Agreed, the initial release was a bit off, maybe more off than others in regards of FM. Too easy to fly, no thrill, cockpit didnt catch me either but I said IT'S BETA, so relax and WAIT.

Will look into it once my rig runs again.

Looking forward, honestly ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I certainly wouldn't put Razban in the same category as the Hawk and C101. He has been very responsive to the community and has delivered an awesome fighter, the Mirage 2000c.

Although I've been very disappointed with the C101 (and the Hawk), progress, I admire that they continue to work on it, to fulfill their commitment . They could have just walked away. I only pre-purchase from Ed And LN now. Can't wait for the Viggen release ☺

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I am with Skull... said 3 are my bottom 3 as well. Although Razbam's case isn't as bad maybe...

Still, I do hope for an eventual C-101CC and EFM so that the module becomes at least usable, which the Hawk has more or less achieved. I am hopeful that C-101 will eventually get there too, and wish Aviodev success in their endeavour.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Awesome news, AvioDev!

I can't wait for the navigation aids, in particular. Will it have DME, by any chance?

Edit: I accidentally an acronym.

Edited by Zilch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

I am with Skull... said 3 are my bottom 3 as well. Although Razbam's case isn't as bad maybe...

Still, I do hope for an eventual C-101CC and EFM so that the module becomes at least usable, which the Hawk has more or less achieved. I am hopeful that C-101 will eventually get there too, and wish Aviodev success in their endeavour.

With the M2000 thing I can't agree. Neither with the Hawk. Both of them are being worked on and this quite hard. The 2000C is one year in Beta now and look how many Updates and addtitions of Features it got. I'd certainly bet that the M2000C will be out of Beta this Year or maybe Q1 2018.

Greetings

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I feel everyone is ignoring some pretty fundamental points regarding both VEAO and Aviodev. Unlike RAZBAM they started out as cottage industries. Starting out from scratch on a DCS module is a hell of a tall order. If either group were aware of the pitfalls along the way, and the scale of the projects they were undertaking, do you really think they'd have gone about it the way they did?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and we can all sit in our ivory towers, and make sweeping judgments, that really, are unrealistic and totally unfair. You make the assumption that their approach was planned, with knowledge in advance of the problems they'd encounter. Clearly they didn't, and the release of their first modules has highlighted just how difficult it is to produce a feature complete, in-depth module.

How many other organisations have fallen by the wayside?

Of course, having taken money from us, they have an obligation to produce what they promised, and as far as I can see, they are doing everything within their power to do just that. Just don't ignore the fact that they all came to this from a standpoint of hobbyists with the ability to program, and not from being programmers with an opportunity to make a module.

Of course it isn't a good situation, but I guarantee they'd be the first to tell you as much, and they are not just making excuses. I know that they have invested a huge amount into their work, and don't need us to point out how unacceptable the delays are. No one knows more than they do that the whole situation has been painful.

I think we can also take it for granted that ED would never allow a third party to market unfinished, and unproven software in the future.

There are two ways we can handle this. Either with realistic expectations, or we can be a$$holes, and think the world exists to gratify our selfishness. Sadly, things go wrong, and people are left with egg on their faces. There isn't a fat lot anyone can do other than deal with it.

Just let them do their work without constantly beating them over the head with reminders of past mistakes. At some point, they could just decide to walk away if we adopt that attitude. Instead, why not support them, and encourage them to stick at it, because I have every confidence that they want the projects completed as much as we do.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We present you the trailer of the new C-101 EB/CC module with new external and cockpit models. The module has changed a lot since we delivered it for sale more than a year ago and we hope 2017 will be definitive to get a final version.

Two years, actually. The module was made available for sale on 21.01.2015, according to my purchase history. Time flies, eh?

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

What does it matter its nearly done im sure devs learn and grow from mistakes dont we all? Anyway look forward to it :thumbup:
+1 :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: