ED please remove this Tetris element from Lockon

HRZ

When flying Flanker or Mig, and when having the attack waypoint, once you get painted by Shilka's, Volcans and whatever not, you actually get their exact position on your HDD, which is like, Looney Tunes meets Garfield.

There is no such thing in real vanilla 27/29, as fas as I know, for that you would need a AG radar, right?

So, please, fix this.

Thank you!

denial.jpg

Hmm. I would have thought that such data could be extrapolated from the RWR. After all, when you're painted we've got the angle and amplitude of their pulses and could then triangulate the origin from that data to reasonable accuracy over a few seconds.

'Course, I don't know if that's technically feasible or acheived in the 27 or 29, but I'm sure someone here does. :P

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

Hmm. I would have thought that such data could be extrapolated from the RWR. After all, when you're painted we've got the angle and amplitude of their pulses and could then triangulate the origin from that data to reasonable accuracy over a few seconds.

'Course, I don't know if that's technically feasible or acheived in the 27 or 29, but I'm sure someone here does. :P

It is technically feasible - has been since the days of the Wild Weasels in Vietnam.

I highly doubt that it was implemented on the Su27 and MiG29, though - if they did, there'd be a rather different RWR display.

When flying Flanker or Mig, and when having the attack waypoint, once you get painted by Shilka's, Volcans and whatever not, you actually get their exact position on your HDD, which is like, Looney Tunes meets Garfield.

There is no such thing in real vanilla 27/29, as fas as I know, for that you would need a AG radar, right?

So, please, fix this.

Thank you!

Perhaps turn off EASY RADAR in Options\Difficulty? Or are you referring to the HUD and designated targets?

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Or any other aircraft for that matter, it's only been done with multiple sources of the data via C2 nodes. Suspect the F22 and JSF could use their wingman data to triangulate and calcualte the APPROXIMATE pos, but who knows if the money has stretched that far.

It is technically feasible - has been since the days of the Wild Weasels in Vietnam.

I highly doubt that it was implemented on the Su27 and MiG29, though - if they did, there'd be a rather different RWR display.

Before you start complaining about something make sure you haven't left your Easy Radar On, nub :smilewink:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Perhaps turn off EASY RADAR in Options\Difficulty? Or are you referring to the HUD and designated targets?

Rich

I never use Easy Radar. I'm l337.

It's the triangulars that appear on your HDD once they paint you, and that way you have their exact positions.

This only happens if you have assigned an attack waypoint for your Ground attack task.

denial.jpg

Or any other aircraft for that matter, it's only been done with multiple sources of the data via C2 nodes. Suspect the F22 and JSF could use their wingman data to triangulate and calcualte the APPROXIMATE pos, but who knows if the money has stretched that far.

There's at least one system that does that all on it's own - the Racal Kestrel, as fitted to the Merlin helicopter.

An Orange Reaper (Racal Kestrel) electronic support measures (ESM) system uses six antennas to detect, locate, and identify about 2,000 different types of emitters.

There are plenty of ESM systems out there that are supposed to do the same thing, too. See any ELINT aircraft.

All of the new generation of fighters possess RWR/datalink equipment that can determine the location of an enemy radar (Rafale, F-22, EF, etc.). The days of leaving your radar carelessly on are basically over - if you do, you're giving the other guy all the data he needs to execute a perfectly silent AMRAAM/Meteor launch. Then the only thing you'd here before you die is your RWR going off when the active radar seeker kicks in.

sigzk5.jpg

I'm l337.

Negative, you're still a nub. But maybe you'll get 1337 one day, so no worries.

It's up to mission designer.

If you marked any units as targets using attack waypoint, it is your problem. Don't complain. If you play any missions that were designed this way. Blame mission designer, or edit this mission to suit your own needs (remove targets in attack waypoints).

Devs gave you possibility to do it the way you want it. The nub way or the 1337 way.

..Oh and one more thing. You don't need to be painted to see these "triangles" on HDD. Setting Targets in Attack Waypoint is enough.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

No doubt there would be "some" aircraft that would attempt to do it but not your lil old fighter. It's not impossible to do it, subs do but it all the time but they have a long time to narrow down the contact. ie take a bearing at time t, take another a t+1 another a t+2 etc etc. until you can safely say the target is somewhere inside a certain area. Have a search for Link16 parametric data ;)

Negative, you're still a nub. But maybe you'll get 1337 one day, so no worries.

It's up to mission designer.

If you marked any units as targets using attack waypoint, it is your problem. Don't complain. If you play any missions that were designed this way. Blame mission designer, or edit this mission to suit your own needs (remove targets in attack waypoints).

Devs gave you possibility to do it the way you want it. The nub way or the 1337 way.

..Oh and one more thing. You don't need to be painted to see these "triangles" on HDD. Setting Targets in Attack Waypoint is enough.

Hey no0b, I didn't set the specific targets. I just set the attack waypoint and put some Volcans there. Only after they started painting me (or was it me engaging them), those triangles appeared.

I repeat once again: I didn't set any specific targets, just one attack waypoint that was even some 10km from the actual targets.

And don't treat me like I'm some no0b. I can own you in AA without crosshair, with my left hand and blindfolded, while your dog with red eyes and needle in the mouth is watching completely amazed! (code: *NOB*Perica, top secret)

denial.jpg

...I didn't set the specific targets. I just set the attack waypoint and put some Volcans there.

Then something is very wrong. The only way to get the targets to show up on the HDD is to designate them as targets when you design the mission. I have never seen what you are describing except when EASY RADAR is selected. So if you don't have EASY RADAR turned on and the targets are not designated in the mission, something else is screwed up. That's not the way sim works normally.

If you don't mind, why don't you send me a copy of the mission. I'd like to take a look at it. My email is: richards7(at)earthlink(dot)net. Also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on the HDD.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Then something is very wrong. The only way to get the targets to show up on the HDD is to designate them as targets when you design the mission. I have never seen what you are describing except when EASY RADAR is selected. So if you don't have EASY RADAR turned on and the targets are not designated in the mission, something else is screwed up. That's not the way sim works normally.

If you don't mind, why don't you send me a copy of the mission. I'd like to take a look at it. My email is: richards7(at)earthlink(dot)net. Also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on the HDD.

Rich

Here it is:

http://www.mrcine.org/downloads/bombing.mis

The moment they paint you, the triangles appear. I checked my Options just in case, Easy Radar is OFF.

denial.jpg

Maybe the mission has the easy radar on? IIRC the mission keeps this settings separate from the "general ones".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Only seems to happen when the wingman is present.

Yup. Never noticed it before. Probably because, if the mission has a wingman, I either sent him home or the targets were already designated in the Editor. In HRZ's mission, when I flew it as he sent it, the targets were designated just as he specified. But when I removed the wingman, the designations disappeared.

HRZ,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Rich

_____

1337=LEET=elite. Its a title often given by those who THINK they are 1337...TO THEMSELVES...it is rarely an earned title.

Huh! So that what it means...man for the longest time, these chicks next door at the project I'm living @, man they go on and on about how their "Lord leafer are one three three seven!". Now I have to tell them true dat after leaving 'em in ruin.

Bah :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P