Mission 9, guns

huppel

Hi,

Realy having fun playing the training missions! In mission 9, guns, the K1/K2 switch is mentioned just like in the manual. I can only get K2 mode selected and have to select A-A gun using the HOTAS bind. Of course I understand the plane is still in beta so it could be that or perhaps it is supposed to work like that, I thought I just report it as it might be confusing.

Best, Huppel

Yes, it is confusing and needs to be fixed.

It's known and on the todo list.

K1/K2 don't exist.

S/P just like other buttons should replace this.

CAS button is only for air-to-ground.

For air-to-air, no way to select guns through PCA, only via throttle.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Realy having fun playing the training missions! In mission 9, guns, the K1/K2 switch is mentioned just like in the manual. I can only get K2 mode selected and have to select A-A gun using the HOTAS bind. Of course I understand the plane is still in beta so it could be that or perhaps it is supposed to work like that, I thought I just report it as it might be confusing.

Best, Huppel

Ya, this tripped me up yesterday. Got a little frustrated admittedly while the instructor was speaking and I was trying to get K1 to show up.

• 1 month later...

This got me too, and was just about to create a thread asking about it. I'm new to the module, had it for a while but just got around to learning it in earnest. I was also following the training missions to the letter but couldn't get the gun to change modes......guess I know why now!

So what does Azreyen mean when he says only way to select guns in air to air mode is via the throttle? I cant get the hud to display the gun indications either, any ideas gents?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 1 month later...
I can't get RADAR lock in AIR -AIR guns.

Meaning, not radar for guns while in air.

What the ///??

Download Chucks Guide for the M2000C, on page 7 "Guns Tutorial With Radar".

Select radar special modes by pressing special modes fwd/aft on HOTAS. Provided your in AA Guns Mode (again from HOTAS) you should auto lock.

Alternatively, lock target by pressing ENTER once target is within cursor on radar display or HUD.

Oh, finally make sure your emitting? Radar power to on.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I cant even select AA guns, button C is default hotas AA guns which i press and i can shoot the guns. However i never get any reticle and aiming is impossible.

Experience similar problems while doing ccrp and ccip...never any reticules.

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

No need to post everywhere ;) : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3139231&postcount=15

Your HUD is in TEST mode, that is why you don't have the gun snake.

Wow! I had a feeling there was something i did wrong ty so much for spotting it!

ill make sure to only click that switch once! :megalol::thumbup::doh:

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! I had a feeling there was something i did wrong ty so much for spotting it!

ill make sure to only click that switch once! :megalol::doh:

I have made the same mistake many times!

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars