Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Sorted. With quite a bit of force, I simply seated it and screwed down the locking collar. Viola, working in game controller settings. Although it didn't mount easily, I do like that it is plug-n-play. No messing with configuration software.

Thanks a bunch for your help, mx!

<s> bo

Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy the grip. Also, pitch in on your thoughts on thumb button/hat - I'd like to know if others are missing it or not.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Cyph3r,

Yesterday I took the postal parcel at customs. I paid the customs fees on the total amount of € 209 (46 €) and came back home.

Once opened the parcel, I saw that all the items were packed very carefully and individually.

Unfortunately, once I removed the protective plastic sheet I saw that both VPC desk mounts were scratched in multiple points and even one of the two is not perfectly straight but one part tends to drift to the right.

Even the three TMW extension VPCs have small problem, one has a small scratch and the three-piece painting is not the same but different from each other.

What I have to say..

I understand you are a small company and you have little experience, but I would recommend you to have a quality check at the time of packing. I hope the quality of the joystick and its base are impeccable! Otherwise, many customers might get angry, including me. best regards,

Pelmo

t7d8a3Z.jpg

L98O8MZ.jpg

RAsNBAe.jpg

jscG46R.jpg

Edited by Pelmo

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

Unfortunately, once I removed the protective plastic sheet I saw that both VPC desk mounts were scratched in multiple points and even one of the two is not perfectly straight but one part tends to drift to the right.

Hey Mate,

Sorry to hear about the quality issues with your goods... I will keep a keen eye to look for any such scratches/defects when I take my delivery.

I Couldn't understand from the pics as to which part drifts to the right?

Also do the desk mounts come packaged in a disassembled state and did you re-assemble them OR were they delivered fully assembled?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by Nash

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

That'll buff right out!

LOL.

Is that stand the same picture (stands)? The scratches look identical.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello Nash,

It's already assembled. To be able to hold the two VPC desk mounts in the postal parcel, some pieces are fixed so as not to occupy too much space. But that is not the problem. In fact scratches occurred before being packed and shipped. The pieces are all perfectly packed and covered with anti-shock plastic. That is why I recommended that during the packing operation a quality control of the goods must be done!

I Couldn't understand from the pics as to which part drifts to the right?

I understand, I tried to resize the photo to highlight this detail, but actually the photo does not see the problem well. If you look at the right VPC desk mount at the top, you will notice that the left bank side shifts slightly to the right.

This problem is not so important, it can be repaired with appropriate tools. What I did not like was that on 7 ordered pieces, five have defects. I do not find it fun if I think I have spent well 256.08 € of goods, postal charges and customs fees. I am now waiting for the VPC MongoosT-50 Stick. I hope I will not find any further scratches.

Is that stand the same picture (stands)? The scratches look identical.

Hello hansangb,

Ops! Sorry, I'm wrong to post the same photo twice. Now I have corrected and you will notice that these are different scratches. Thank you for making it known to me!

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

Mine was the opposite. It came looking like it got ran over and was wet, but everything was fine inside

IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.adc6a2aa47e295dc2b7650be1a5039f8.JPG

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

My extension also has some scratches and the "screw" of the desk mount looks like used.

I don't really mind because they have no impacts on their functions.[/url]

I would mind. That extension was grabbed with a pair of pliers or a similar tool.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Welcome to (Byelo)Russia ;)

(don't shoot, I like Eastern Europe people, or I wouldn't have such a nickname on the forum)

Just kidding, I have extremely well engineered (and mounted) hardware from the same location.

Edited by oliwek

Welcome to (Byelo)Russia ;)

(don't shoot, I like Eastern Europe people, or I wouldn't have such a nickname on the forum)

Just kidding, I have extremely well engineered (and mounted) hardware from the same location.

Did you pick it up up from their local store?

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Com'on now guys, scratches give it a battle hardened look. Be proud;)

No offense to Virpil, but if they send me something with marks like that on it, they can expect it to be returned, on their dime.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No offense to Virpil, but if they send me something with marks like that on it, they can expect it to be returned, on their dime.

Yeah, I have the stick , deskmount, and extension set on order, I would be sorely disappointed if mine arrived in that condition...

Hopefully that will not be the case.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi guys,

So I've been discussing this with the team and we're incredibly disappointed to see anyone receiving VPC products that are anything less than perfect. We want to ensure all our products are (more than) adequately packaged to guarantee their safe arrival to our customers, so seeing all of this is equally distressing to us!

In light of these posts, we have reviewed some of our internal processes and packaging procedures and made some adjustments which we feel should resolve any such issues from occurring again in the future. This is VPC's first experience in all this and as such there will be an initial learning curve for us, we greatly appreciate our customer's understanding of this. Only through your feedback can we achieve perfection.

Any customers who receive, or have received, any products they feel do not live up to the standard they expect, should contact us at sale@virpil.com. I will personally see to that any such issues are resolved ensuring complete customer satisfaction.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi thread and forum :)

I have a question concerning the folding trigger on the T-50 grip:

Does it work like an additional single-stage trigger or can it actually be folded away upwards?

Regards,

TheHendrix

Regards and many happy landings! :pilotfly:

Hi thread and forum :)

I have a question concerning the folding trigger on the T-50 grip:

Does it work like an additional single-stage trigger or can it actually be folded away upwards?

Regards,

TheHendrix

It can be folded away upwards :)

sCNk6a6h.jpg

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Received mine today:) (Netherlands)

Quality oké, only a bit plastic feel compared to the Warthog.

Fit was perfect, no problems at all.

After i tweak the position in my cockpit i will post some pictures.

Serial #50

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Wow... Good to hear people getting their deliveries...

I am still waiting for my parcel to ship out as it was delayed due to the holidays as per Cyph3r.

I must admit that I am a bit worried after reading the posts of people receiving their gear with scratches but Cyph3r's post after that was reassuring...

Hoping to get my order shipped out soon and it reaches me without any kind of issues ...

Edited by Nash

I just got mine as well. Was a bit of a challenge to get it seated just because the ext wire gives a bit and I need to hold it secure with some needle nose pliers to ensure the plug seated all the way, but it did.

Couple things. It is like night and day in regards to weight difference. The Hog grip could be used to kill someone as a bludgeoning tool. Since I had and ext in use with it it was very light to the touch, the Virpil grip has made the sticks springs more effective and I actually am enjoying the difference. So far happy. Will be ordering base real soon too.

Only 2 things I wish were different. I really miss the WH thumb switch. The 4way plus push is really useful to me and that to me is a shortcoming of this grip currently. I wish Virpil would offer the option or simply change it. I see the VKB basically did that with their pro and I hope Virpil answers back with a similar upgrade. Other change is a just a personal pref on shape of thumb button guard.

But other than those 2 things. Pretty awesome stick and no regrets.

A couple quick and dirty pics.

5IcCP1V.jpg

clpLXf4.jpg

Edited by Torso

Wow... Good to hear people getting their deliveries...

I am still waiting for my parcel to ship...]

Same here. It's getting close to two weeks since I ordered and payed and I still haven't gotten a tracking number. I'm sure it's all good and fine, but if I knew it was gonna taken this long I would've skipped the express shipping...

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Same here. It's getting close to two weeks since I ordered and payed and I still haven't gotten a tracking number. I'm sure it's all good and fine, but if I knew it was gonna taken this long I would've skipped the express shipping...

It's just the holidays came in the way of shipping as Cyph3r said.

Regardless once it is shipped it should reach you expressly than mine as I opted for the regular shipping.

Hi guys

Regarding shipping, there was a slight delay due to public holidays for the first half of this week! We now also have immediate stock availability for the MongoosT-50 grip!

Tomorrow (1st May) is also a public holiday, I hope to update the remaining orders with tracking numbers on Tuesday 2nd May!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tomorrow (1st May) is also a public holiday...

Far too many holidays going on over there. :D