Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyph3r I just recieved my Mongoos... hmmm not sure everything is correct with it. Firstly the mating surface that would sit on the TMW base is completely smooth, I was expecting it to have the same pattern as the warthog grip so it would sit in the base correctly? As it is it just spins around on the base as it has a completely flat surface. Also the connector that carries the signals to the base is completely loose and just falls out? Not sure it thats a feature or another issue.

pictures here so you can see what I mean

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Wright_GR1

User pictures there show the same connector - has not that "lock" of Tm connector.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_04_2017/post-1993-0-19357100-1491683789.jpg

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5326-obsuzhdenie-proekta-vpc-mangust-50/page-23#entry518232

And he point that is more difficult to attach than TmW.

BTW - Who will be the first to break TmW gimbal articulation sphere doing this installation? :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Yea but the grip rotates freely, and wiggles around on top of base! That can't be right? The screw part is as far down as I can get it

Grip will be loose until the very last half turn or so, most likely you did not screw it in far enough. You will need to apply a bit of a force to get it all the way in too (someone here used pliers to hold plastic gimbal of WH in place while screwing in the grip as a precaution from twisting and breaking it, but I just screwed it in without holding gimbal).

Grip will be loose until the very last half turn or so

Doesn't that make it delicate and prone to breaking while intensive maneuvering?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Ah right ok, I have screwed it all the way (very very very tight) and now its sitting flush and is not wiggling!

Seems to be working well except one issue though, on the face of the grip, the bottom right button does not function, not seeing it in windows joystick manager when pressed or indeed in DCS

Doesn't that make it delicate and prone to breaking while intensive maneuvering?

Why would it break? Not sure I understand your point. Something tells me gimbal of the joystick would break before the grip connection gives in...

Ah right ok, I have screwed it all the way (very very very tight) and now its sitting flush and is not wiggling!

Seems to be working well except one issue though, on the face of the grip, the bottom right button does not function, not seeing it in windows joystick manager when pressed or indeed in DCS

Try taking the grip off and make sure you have connector properly connected. You don't even need to screw the grip in to test all of the buttons. Contact Virpil support if it is indeed broken.

Try taking the grip off and make sure you have connector properly connected. You don't even need to screw the grip in to test all of the buttons. Contact Virpil support if it is indeed broken.

Yeah I have done that, looks like I have a button issue. Will contact Virpil.

Other than that very nice stick, lovely to have it slightly rotated to the left which makes for a very comfortable feel.

I do wonder why Virpil never included a bit of paper with a few details on. No way would I have screwed that down as tight as I had to unless someone else told me it was ok!

I do wonder why Virpil never included a bit of paper with a few details on.

Good feedback for Virpil !!!

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

T50 in Su27 cockpit

As promised, some pictures of the T50 stick implemented in my Su27 sim cockpit.

Doesn't it look nice:)

34021268080_a06c3ce012_z.jpg

34021276550_66f64c0e47_z.jpg

33564302314_ebc5120618_z.jpg

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

34021276550_66f64c0e47_z.jpg

33564302314_ebc5120618_z.jpg

Awesome...

The stick looks a bit tall though

an awesome project!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It's the perspective, it is not that tall

When i take place it's the right hight.

Nice...

wow that cockpit is insane! good work!

I made a little unboxing and review video for you guys, hope you like it!

Nice review Mate... I was hoping you would upload another in game review with the software as well.

Interesting. Looks good overall, but I must say, I am a tad disappointed by the plug just coming out with bare cables. I can think of much better ways of allowing for twisting the grip into position. Kind of a bit of a let down for what is, really a fairly high end product. I still think it looks good overall, but it seems there is always some little thing that keeps us from the "perfect stick".

Z...

Tomorrow (1st May) is also a public holiday, I hope to update the remaining orders with tracking numbers on Tuesday 2nd May!

Just following up on this...:music_whistling:

Too excited to wait any longer :bounce:

Beautiful cockpit! The MongoosT-50 fits right in! :pilotfly:

Loved the video Wright_GR1! I'm disappointed about your spare palm wrist though, I'll be in touch with you about this!

p.s. It's BYN (New Belarusian Ruble) not BGN (Bulgarian Lev)!

Just following up on this...:music_whistling:

Too excited to wait any longer :bounce:

Check your email Nash ;)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]