Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so the Virpil sticktop on a 20cm Sahaj extension. It's too tall really to use with the desk mounts as the Stick top is so tall. Not sure what I will do yet waiting for the Virpil base. 09d960457df31b01585ee64f55ca321c.jpg5ae9131e9d84eeb1c12d41db92035c44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Lets see it then!!

Patience! :smilewink:

Okay so the Virpil sticktop on a 20cm Sahaj extension. It's too tall really to use with the desk mounts as the Stick top is so tall. Not sure what I will do yet waiting for the Virpil base. 09d960457df31b01585ee64f55ca321c.jpg5ae9131e9d84eeb1c12d41db92035c44.jpg

Looking good WindyTX! How are you finding it in use?

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This virtue, I have in abundance. Besides, having just dropped the cash for the Mongoos and grip, I think that the longer it takes, the better :music_whistling:

Z...

:lol: I do hate to make you guys wait, but I promise it'll be worth it!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, in use the button are excellent, the configuration is great I am getting used to it tho I did get shot cos of a switch pigs, but that is just a matter of time. The only thing I would change is the brake lever it is a bit too flexible, but overall I am a happy camper need the gimbal tho the extra length makes the Warthog gimbal feel even worse.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Due to being based off the T-50 controls, a 4 way + push doesn't fit with what the VPC MongoosT-50 is! But VPC won't be stopping with the MongoosT-50... :smilewink:

For me that think is simply a "decider" option". If you don't add it and the "other T50 "replica" adds some options and that CMS thumb is the difference... sorry. Makes no sense for me to have one button when you can have 5 there.

On your stick I like the palm rest, the pinky position (but now I think you could also have 2 buttons there... one like yours and one like "the other T50 replica").

I will also wait for what you have in plans for later... I hope you don't go too far from T-50.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

But in this released TmW compatible version for put 5 buttons in this place is need remove 4 buttons from other places in grip, since TmW base buttons capacity (19+POV HAT) is used full:

https://virpil.com/images/blog/forums/VPCButtonMap.jpg

Exactly, I, personally am not really stressed, as I still have access to all the buttons I need within thumb-reach.

Z...

But in this released TmW compatible version for put 5 buttons in this place is need remove 4 buttons from other places in grip, since TmW base buttons capacity (19+POV HAT) is used full:

Spot on Sokol!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't own and don't plan to buy TMW. Any limitations that HOTAS has are not important for me and probably for others like me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't own and don't plan to buy TMW. Any limitations that HOTAS has are not important for me and probably for others like me.

Compatibility of the T-50 grip with the TM WH base was advertised from the beginning, and therefore it would be illogical if this product had more inputs than the WH base can handle. I have therefore no sympathy for the moaning about not getting the extra 4-way hat.

Personally, I'm not interested in using the T-50 stick with my TM WH base, as that base is the reason why I'm not using the TM WH stick any more. However, I intend to use the TM WH grip with the T-50 base when I fly the A-10C, because that grip is optimized for the hog. For all other modules I expect to use the T-50 base and grip.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Compatibility of the T-50 grip with the TM WH base was advertised from the beginning, and therefore it would be illogical if this product had more inputs than the WH base can handle. I have therefore no sympathy for the moaning about not getting the extra 4-way hat.

Personally, I'm not interested in using the T-50 stick with my TM WH base, as that base is the reason why I'm not using the TM WH stick any more. However, I intend to use the TM WH grip with the T-50 base when I fly the A-10C, because that grip is optimized for the hog. For all other modules I expect to use the T-50 base and grip.

It doesn't really make sense. Being compatible with TM WH base doesn't mean that the T-50 grip can't have more inputs than WH base can handle. Actually the T-50 has an anology brake that the TM base can't handle...

It is indeed the base unit that has a lot of us drooling. We sit salivating at the pictures of it whilst we await reviews.

It is all about the base unit for me and so far this unit looks like a well machined quality piece of work that is easily adjustable to my needs.

VPC are hopefully building as much redundancy into their base unit as possible so that once VR takes off, the greater number of switches and hat options may just prize my beloved Iron Hawg Grip out of my hands.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Compatibility of the T-50 grip with the TM WH base was advertised from the beginning, and therefore it would be illogical if this product had more inputs than the WH base can handle.

You mean building it with future VPC own base in mind would be illogical? Or the competition?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186720

Moaning? I don't moan. I said I don't buy. Is that simple.

If one producer doesn't care, is only its problem not mine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, if I intended to use the grip with my TM WH base, then I would certainly not want a bunch of buttons on the grip that have no function because the WH base cannot handle the inputs. The analog brake lever would be no problem, because with the WH base it acts as a switch lever.

On the other hand, if I had been in VIRPIL's shoes, I would have introduced the VIRPIL base first. The base can be WH-compatible and still be able to support many more inputs when used with other grips. The WH grip is (in my opinion) quite good while the WH base sucks and I can imagine that quite a few WH owners would have bought the new base for use with their WH grip.

As a next step, VIRPIL could have developed their own grip with max functionality, for users who don't own a WH stick, and we wouldn't have this discussion.

To be honest, I don't really see why anybody would want to use their WH base with a new grip. This base is a body-building machine while what we need is a precision tool. From that point of view, I question VIRPIL's strategy.

But we are where we are, and I presume VIRPIL will come up with a full-featured grip in the near future. If they don't, I can still fall back on my WH grip, especially for the A-10C; but I will also exercise the VIRPIL grip and probably use that for most other modules.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for my VIRPIL stick (mostly for the base to be honest) and despairing because I still have no indication when it will ship.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't really see why anybody would want to use their WH base with a new grip.

I will. Together with the LH T50 Grip for my left hand. I will use that for Star Citizen and other Space sims. I also got a Virpil Base on order and a T50 RH grip. This will be my main centermountet stick.

I reuse the WH base since I dont consider it a very bad base and certainly more than adequate for the left hand.

• Like 1

There isn't a single reason why the B.E. could not have been announced at the same time as the original. Personally, I am extremely disappointed.

Suggestion to VPC regarding this post: Maybe consider offering a conversionkit with all buttons in black like in the BE grip?

Hey guys! A lot of messages here! :thumbup:

As the TM Warthog is no doubt the most popular high-end HOTAS available, we wanted our initial grip offering to be able to support this base. There are a lot of users happy with the TMW base but wanted a new grip!

It doesn't really make sense. Being compatible with TM WH base doesn't mean that the T-50 grip can't have more inputs than WH base can handle. Actually the T-50 has an anology brake that the TM base can't handle...

As mentioned by another user, having a bunch of controls that don't function for some of the user base wouldn't be ideal. At least with the analog brake lever it can operate as a digital switch (just like the pinkie paddle) instead on the TMW base.

It is indeed the base unit that has a lot of us drooling. We sit salivating at the pictures of it whilst we await reviews.

It is all about the base unit for me and so far this unit looks like a well machined quality piece of work that is easily adjustable to my needs.

VPC are hopefully building as much redundancy into their base unit as possible so that once VR takes off, the greater number of switches and hat options may just prize my beloved Iron Hawg Grip out of my hands.

With mega_mozg creating the VPC electronics, I can assure you there is an unbelievable amount of redundancy built in for future products/expansion.

Well, if I intended to use the grip with my TM WH base, then I would certainly not want a bunch of buttons on the grip that have no function because the WH base cannot handle the inputs. The analog brake lever would be no problem, because with the WH base it acts as a switch lever.

On the other hand, if I had been in VIRPIL's shoes, I would have introduced the VIRPIL base first. The base can be WH-compatible and still be able to support many more inputs when used with other grips. The WH grip is (in my opinion) quite good while the WH base sucks and I can imagine that quite a few WH owners would have bought the new base for use with their WH grip.

As a next step, VIRPIL could have developed their own grip with max functionality, for users who don't own a WH stick, and we wouldn't have this discussion.

To be honest, I don't really see why anybody would want to use their WH base with a new grip. This base is a body-building machine while what we need is a precision tool. From that point of view, I question VIRPIL's strategy.

But we are where we are, and I presume VIRPIL will come up with a full-featured grip in the near future. If they don't, I can still fall back on my WH grip, especially for the A-10C; but I will also exercise the VIRPIL grip and probably use that for most other modules.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for my VIRPIL stick (mostly for the base to be honest) and despairing because I still have no indication when it will ship.

As I previously mentioned, there are a lot of users with the TMW base who just wanted a new grip rather than forking out for a whole new base unit, so to give this userbase an additional grip option - which is also compatible with the MongoosT-50 base if they choose to upgrade in the future - satisfies a far larger group of people. The grip was our initial jumping point into the market, and is available way ahead of the MongoosT-50 base, so TMW base compatibility - as a fully fledged product, was key!

Suggestion to VPC regarding this post: Maybe consider offering a conversionkit with all buttons in black like in the BE grip?

I'll mention it to the team!

You mean building it with future VPC own base in mind would be illogical? Or the competition?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186720

Moaning? I don't moan. I said I don't buy. Is that simple.

If one producer doesn't care, is only its problem not mine.

Hopefully my previous points will offer some insight to the MongoosT-50 grip design mindset!

But remember guys, VPC came to the public at the start of 2017, the MongoosT-50 Grip, the MongoosT-50 Base, these are just the first products of our catalogue. We definitely care, and we'll always listen to and take in your comments. We have very exciting things planned for the future :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi When will the shipping of the preordered Flightsticks start? Thanks Chris

Initial estimates were all preorders before 5th May would be shipped at the end of May, and preorders after 5th May would be shipped 10th June.

However in the few days I'll be able to confirm the exact dates. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

25th May 2017 // Announcement No. 12

► VPC MongoosT-50 Electronics

The components used in the VPC MongoosT-50 control systems are of a proprietary design courtesy of the VirPil Controls design team.

The system consists of:

• VPC-Controller

• VPC 360° 16-bit Digital Sensors (iGMR-Based Angular Sensor)

VPCElectronics_01_1200.jpg

At the heart of the control system you will find our VPC-Controller. This is based around a modern RISC AVR processor provided by Atmel. Capable of 16 million instructions per second. Data updates for axes positions and button presses are processed at 500 times per second.

Supporting up to 8 axes and 128 buttons, the VPC MongoosT-50 electronics will be able to support any future VPC grips.

VPCElectronics_03_1200.jpg

The controller is compatible with both Windows and MacOS PCs, connecting via USB 2.0. The controller is automatically recognized without requiring any prior driver or software installations.

VPCElectronics_06_1200.jpg

The VPC sensors use contactless iGMR (magnetic field) technology, based on the latest ADC chips offering 16-bit precision. The sensor chip controls the DSP processor at a speed of 8 million instructions per second and connects to the controller via a 4wire proprietary comms protocol. The resulting accuracy is a huge 32,000 readings per 360 degrees in 1 count steps (0.01° / count). The resulting accuracy across the joystick’s travel means movements as small as 0.006° are detected!

Our VPC-Config software meets the needs of every player, transforming the VPCockpit controls into a fully configurable professional flight tool. More information on this in our next announcement!

Stay tuned for further announcements at the VIRPIL.COM website.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May 31st, 2017 // Announcement No. 13

► VPC MongoosT-50 Base & Flightstick Shipping Update

In our efforts to remain as honest and transparent as possible with our customers, the VPC Team unfortunately reports the postponement of the previously announced delivery dates for pre-orders including the VPC MongoosT-50 Base and VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick.

Initially it was planned for all pre-orders before 5th May to be shipped at the end of May, and all pre-orders after 5th May will begin shipping 10th June.

However, the production of the mechanics have taken longer than initially planned. We were presented the choice to maintain our initial timing, or provide superior quality. We ultimately chose the latter.

We will confirm the new pre-order shipping dates in 2-3 days.

We deeply apologise for this delay, henceforth we will be much more restrained with our announced timings to ensure this doesn’t happen again. As compensation for the long wait, the VPC Team is preparing a gift for every pre-order customer.

Thankyou all for your patience and continued support!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]