Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant news, thanks again for your investigation :)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am sure hoping the info is accurate.

It still bothers me that Cyph3r was on this forum and another flight sim forum as late as the 14th and not bothering to respond to any concern. Even if just to say they are still working on it and hope to know in x number of days, would have alleviated some worry. Same as on the Virpil forums as well.

That is really not sitting well with me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am sure hoping the info is accurate.

It still bothers me that Cyph3r was on this forum and another flight sim forum as late as the 14th and not bothering to respond to any concern. Even if just to say they are still working on it and hope to know in x number of days, would have alleviated some worry. Same as on the Virpil forums as well.

That is really not sitting well with me.

I assume he didn't want to give us some incorrect information, so until he had had his meeting, confirmed details and returned to non roaming territory, there was nothing constructive to say. Just a guess.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

OK guys. I just called them myself in person. And i got the same information that Tane got.

Cypher was in belarus for a company meeting regarding the delay of orders. Hes was offline. That was the reason why he didnt get to answer our concerns. He will be back and should be getting to answer our concerns within the next hours.

So all fine. No need to worry. They guy on the phone apologized a lot and I bet after Cypher tells them what was going on in the forums this wont happen so fast again:)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well, I guess that's the info we've got to work with, for now.

But I must pour some sand on that vaseline, because my order - a desk mount, a set of extensions and a TMW mounting plate base - are all listed as In Stock and yet the order is still in "Confirmed by shopper" status. The payment was confirmed on the 9th, and nothing happend since then...

So your information is welcomed, but they still have a lot of explaining to do...

I had an order stuck like that, the bank payment never went through, the transfer never took place and I had to change my payment method and after that it changed status.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

OK guys. I just called them myself in person. And i got the same information that Tane got.

Cypher was in belarus for a company meeting regarding the delay of orders. Hes was offline. That was the reason why he didnt get to answer our concerns. He will be back and should be getting to answer our concerns within the next hours.

Thanks so much for your efforts in making the call and sharing the info.

So much angst could have been avoided by him just posting the above, that he was going to HQ to have a meeting and would be out of pocket, and would respond with update when he returned.

I will anxiously await word from him in the next few hours hopefully...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well to be honest,they were busting their ass off,to gain a good reputation

on top of that, it will be stupid move to do a cash grab,the sim industry is a small market

and to survive,you have to keep your reputation as high as possible

i think, the thing with the factory, and the meeting led to that delay with the communication

and the lack of communication led to speculations

Well to be honest,they were busting their ass off,to gain a good reputation

on top of that, it will be stupid move to do a cash grab,the sim industry is a small market

and to survive,you have to keep your reputation as high as possible

i think, the thing with the factory, and the meeting led to that delay with the communication

and the lack of communication led to speculations

Agreed, however IMHO stating on May 31 there was a delay and they would update us in 2-3 days with new shipping dates, and then going silent ever since, was a very stupid move. That in my mind really tarnished their reputation they had built up until then.

We will see what is reported eventually by them on the forums.

Don B

Hello all, I have not had a chance yet to read every message yet but I can see the general gist here.

As some have correctly speculated, I am indeed the only individual tasked with replying to the English community and I have been away. As some have pointed out already, I have actually been away from the UK to visit the VPC HQ in Belarus, I had expected to be able to reply while I was there but this was not the case - hence for no post before hand mentioning I will be away. I deeply apologise for this and I can understand this has left many users confused as to what is happening.

However, on to the good news, I can confirm that the meeting at the VPC HQ had gone very well and we will start to ship the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks and Bases on July 1st.

I will continue to catch up on my rather huge backlog of messages to address individual concerns, as well as replying to any additional questions that have got lost in the mix in the previous few days. Once again I apologise, I can assure you that future visits to the VPC HQ will be announced so that the community is kept in the loop, but I am now back in the UK so I am here if anyone needs anything!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome home! Good news regarding revised shipping date. I look forward to hearing more about recent decisions made at VPC HQ and future plans for the company. Out of curiosity are we allowed to know the exact nature of the issue that prevented the end of May shipping date?

Welcome back man,i hope you are not suffering, from a jet lag

now that you here, we can turn off the panic attack button

btw i have a question, about the virpil base, what kind of spring should i use for the warthog grip?

I for my part, send an order cancellation mail and I just answered an hour ago:

"I am very sorry for the delay in replying to your initial message. To clear up the delay in communication, I have been away from the UK to visit the VPC HQ in Belarus, unexpectedly I was unable to reply to messages while I was there. I have posted an update with the details on all the major forums. I can now confirm that the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick and Base orders will begin to ship on July 1st.

I can get your order cancelled and refunded ASAP. I will update you on this tomorrow.

I apologise for the delay but appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

VPC Team"

If from now on they act normally, I do not rule out the option of buying their products again, but I still get angry and it will take some time to forget the bad drink.

I will say I am still concerned over the decision of Virpil to go completely silent after May 31, when they told us then there would be another update in 2-3 days. All communication pretty much ended at that point.

Don B

Hello all, I have not had a chance yet to read every message yet but I can see the general gist here.

As some have correctly speculated, I am indeed the only individual tasked with replying to the English community and I have been away. As some have pointed out already, I have actually been away from the UK to visit the VPC HQ in Belarus, I had expected to be able to reply while I was there but this was not the case - hence for no post before hand mentioning I will be away. I deeply apologise for this and I can understand this has left many users confused as to what is happening.

However, on to the good news, I can confirm that the meeting at the VPC HQ had gone very well and we will start to ship the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks and Bases on July 1st.

I will continue to catch up on my rather huge backlog of messages to address individual concerns, as well as replying to any additional questions that have got lost in the mix in the previous few days. Once again I apologise, I can assure you that future visits to the VPC HQ will be announced so that the community is kept in the loop, but I am now back in the UK so I am here if anyone needs anything!

Hello Cyp3r, I am glad that things got cleared up. I for one accept your apologies and am eager to get your products into my hands. Thanks for the update!!!

Cheers

Winger

I can't claim to be an expert, but after backing several Kickstarter projects manufactured in China (one in 2013 that is just now getting to shipping) I'm not all that surprised.

Looking forward to the T-50.

I can't claim to be an expert, but after backing several Kickstarter projects manufactured in China (one in 2013 that is just now getting to shipping) I'm not all that surprised.

Looking forward to the T-50.

This was not a Kickstarter project...

BTW welcome to the forums!

Don B

Welcome home! Good news regarding revised shipping date. I look forward to hearing more about recent decisions made at VPC HQ and future plans for the company. Out of curiosity are we allowed to know the exact nature of the issue that prevented the end of May shipping date?

Thankyou!

Well as previously mentioned, there were some minor changes to the gimbal which required some retooling at the factory. And then after that, there was a large state order placed with the factory that unfortunately took priority.

Welcome back man,i hope you are not suffering, from a jet lag

now that you here, we can turn off the panic attack button

btw i have a question, about the virpil base, what kind of spring should i use for the warthog grip?

Thanks, I won't lie, I am very exhausted :lol:

Really any of them work quite well, I'm using a fairly light spring on my prototype base with the Warthog grip and it works very nicely in use with some slight tipping forward due to the Warthog grip's weight. Bumping up the tension slightly will solve that, but I like the stick nice and light!

Long story short, it's completely user preference :)

Welcome back Cyph3r!

(and a brief message to my sphyncter: you can now relax!) :)

Hello Cyp3r, I am glad that things got cleared up. I for one accept your apologies and am eager to get your products into my hands. Thanks for the update!!!

Cheers

Winger

Thanks guys!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Cyph3r, welcome back, and hopefully a lesson learnt.

I hope there weren't too many panicked bail-outs, as I truly want you guys to succeed. The more people we have making good quality products, the better for all.

Looking forward to having the Mongoos in my filthy paws.

Z...