Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout those in the US? I placed my order May 1st. This 10% is getting put back on our cards? Or is this 10% for future orders? I would almodt forego that for expedited shipping, as I am in California. Thanks.

Ohh, I like this idea a lot better than 10% refund/etc. Expedited shipping would be great, I'm also in California.

How bout those in the US? I placed my order May 1st. This 10% is getting put back on our cards? Or is this 10% for future orders? I would almodt forego that for expedited shipping, as I am in California. Thanks.

Ohh, I like this idea a lot better than 10% refund/etc. Expedited shipping would be great, I'm also in California.

These announcements apply to all orders worldwide, including the US.

We upgraded all orders to Express EMS a while ago as we no longer offer standard shipping. :thumbup:

The 10% coupon code is for future orders.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wish someone would just get one already I've been waiting for a review forever :D

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Hi all,

So today everything is right on track, we've received the revised gimbal parts from the factory and VPC team have been working on assembling and testing the mechanics to prepare for the first dispatch tomorrow!

Mechanics_Del.jpg

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking like nice polished steel right there in your photo!

It is the look I like.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Looking like nice polished steel right there in your photo!

It is the look I like.

Yeak looking awesome. But its Aircraft grade Aluminium, not steel thou.

@Virpil: LOOKING NICE! But please. Dont hurry with assembly. Take your time and do it right rather than something goes wrong because of hurried assembly.

Looking forward to my awesome ALL VPC Setup thou.

And this 10% Voucher will most likely be spent either on throttle or Rudders.

So give us info please:thumbup:

Yeak looking awesome. But its Aircraft grade Aluminium, not steel thou.

@Virpil: LOOKING NICE! But please. Dont hurry with assembly. Take your time and do it right rather than something goes wrong because of hurried assembly.

Looking forward to my awesome ALL VPC Setup thou.

And this 10% Voucher will most likely be spent either on throttle or Rudders.

So give us info please:thumbup:

Correct about the material! :thumbup:

Don't worry, a lot of care is being taken as they are being hand assembled. We look forward to getting these into everyone's hands!

We'll send out a a mail blast when all the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks and Bases have been dispatched with the coupon code.

We have now added the VPC Dust Cover to our website, so people who hadn't pre-ordered (who will receive it as a free gift due to the delay) can now purchase it for 9.95 EUR. Perfect for keeping your VPC MongoosT-50 (or other joystick) clean and free of dust when not in use! :pilotfly:

https://virpil.by/en/shop/accessories/vpc-dust-cover-vpc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct about the material! :thumbup:

Don't worry, a lot of care is being taken as they are being hand assembled. We look forward to getting these into everyone's hands!

We'll send out a a mail blast when all the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks and Bases have been dispatched with the coupon code.

We have now added the VPC Dust Cover to our website, so people who hadn't pre-ordered (who will receive it as a free gift due to the delay) can now purchase it for 9.95 EUR. Perfect for keeping your VPC MongoosT-50 (or other joystick) clean and free of dust when not in use! :pilotfly:

https://virpil.by/en/shop/accessories/vpc-dust-cover-vpc

Hi, one question regarding the cover. Its nice. But I didnt order the whole Stick as one. I did somewhat of a mess and ordered the grips separate from the base. Will I still receive the cover?

Hi all,

So today everything is right on track, we've received the revised gimbal parts from the factory and VPC team have been working on assembling and testing the mechanics to prepare for the first dispatch tomorrow!

Mechanics_Del.jpg

I got my dispatch notice on the 18th. Does my stick include the revised gimbal?

Anyone in here receiving any tracking info on their stick/gimbal setup yet?

I would assume those of us that ordered in here from this thread would probably have been some of the first to order...

Let us know when tracking info received. Inquiring minds want to know lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

wasnt that before they reqlized the problems with the first batch bases?

AFAIK they recalled the already sent out bases from the shippingcompany and are going to ship out the new ones oncee they are assembeled and tested.

I ordered a while ago. I keep my fingers crossed to have my trackingnumber within the coming week.

He stated they successfully recalled all of the " first batch" last week and they would begin reworking them on Monday of this week, with shipments starting to go out on Tuesday of this week.

First dispatch of orders were to have gone out on Tuesday.

And silence since Monday.

I have not seen any evidence of shipments being made as of yet.

Maybe next week.... I sure as heck ain't holding any breath here at this point.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This delay effects everyone, as everyone will indeed be receiving the revised/corrected gimbal!

I have been absolutely assured by the team that everyone will have their VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick next week. The entire batch will be reaching VPC HQ on Monday, when we will assembly, test and package up the first batch for dispatch on Tuesday morning. We will then continue despatching daily throughout the week.

I then asked if that included those in the US....

These announcements apply to all orders worldwide, including the US.

We upgraded all orders to Express EMS a while ago as we no longer offer standard shipping. :thumbup:

No offense to VPC, I am sure they make great products and I am undoubtedly excited about my purchase, but every time they give a timeline, I get my hopes up and then am disappointed. At this point I am just in "whatever" mode and will be happily surprised when my gear gets here. Already waited months...what's another week or so? At least they are relatively active on these forums and are fairly transparent with what's going on.

I received shipping notification on Tuesday 18th July and product was eventually recalled from Belarus Customs for re-work on Friday 21st July. I guess Belarus Customs must have either a massive backlog to catch up on or are slow to process goods (Virpil product left lying around for between 1 to 4 days untouched). I can only assume that product shipping this week (post re-work) will go through the same Belarus Customs processes and procedures as previously and will likely incur similar time delays...... or maybe worse. I guess the delay may not just be Virpil's fault - we can only cross our fingers and hope for prompt action from both parties.

Hi all,

This was posted on Monday Cyph3r,

Has any shipping occurred as of yet?

If not can we please get another update?

Don B

► VPC Shipping Update

As mentioned last week there were two issues that needed to be resolved with the VPC MongoosT-50 gimbal; the axis spring channels causing some noise, and the cam mounting points. We ultimately decided on recalling the existing batches to get them revised as explained in our previous announcement.

The good news is, the axis spring channels have been corrected and actually much improved from our original design. The VPC team has since been operating around the clock at the VPC HQ, assembling the VPC MongoosT-50 Bases.

DelayAnnounce_01.jpg

However, unfortunately I must announce there was some issues regarding the cam mounting points (on the cams themselves) and this took much longer than anticipated to iron out the final issues. After many changes over the course of this week, today I can finally confirm that we have now settled on the perfect and final revision.

DelayAnnounce_02.jpg

We now have in our hands a number of completed retail units constructed from the mass produced parts which we have tested extensively yesterday. I can proudly say we are incredibly happy with VPC MongoosT-50 Base! The latest revision is overall even better than our initial designs.

We will be shipping out existing pre-orders, with the first batches shipping on Wednesday 2nd August.

We understand these delays are very frustrating, but we must emphasise it is purely from the standpoint that we want to do everything possible to get the best end product into your hands.

To reiterate, VPC are offering the following perks to our pre-order customers to apologise for these delays:

• 10% coupon code for a future order with VPC

• Free VPC Dust Cover

And now, in addition to this, we will be offering further discounted pricing on the future VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle and VPC Stealth Rudder Pedals to our pre-order customers.

And of course, anyone who is understandably unhappy with the delays of the shipment, can request a full and immediate refund by emailing sales@virpil.com.

Thank you all for your patience, it is truly appreciated, and especially thankyou to those of you who have sent messages supporting the VPC team over the past couple of weeks!

Any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And yet here we are again with more delays after a few days of silence.

As of now I think I still want what I ordered, will let you know if I decide otherwise, but you can save the 10% coupon in regards to me as I am sure I won't be needing it after this is over.

I don't see me making any future purchases.

Thanks for the update.

Edited by dburne

Don B

And yet here we are again with more delays after a few days of silence.

As of now I think I still want what I ordered, will let you know if I decide otherwise, but you can save the 10% coupon in regards to me as I am sure I won't be needing it after this is over.

I don't see me making any future purchases.

Thanks for the update.

I can understand your frustration, but I am unsure you have ever worked on designing/implementing a completely new product from scratch. To be brutal, shit happens, a lot, and then, when that is resolved, something else goes wrong because a change at one point often results in cascading changes needed throughout the system/product.

I've been on both sides of the fence, and honestly, yes, the delay sucks, communications could have been handled a little better, but Virpil are also clearly working hard to deliver a product that we will be happy with. I'd rather not get a brand new stick, only to find a "v2.0" released a month later.

I'd rather wait and have the right product at the end. :thumbup:

Z...

Same thing happened to VKB, and the Gunfighter is not their first product. I was very concerned also, but their customer service kept me engaged and the product MORE than made up for the disappointment in shipping delays. I'm sure this stick will be worth the wait also.