Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I reckon you can 'fiddle' the grip on the t.16000 base and have two devices show up in dcs. Or maybe one can really hook up the grip connector to the t.16000 base electronics...Virpil guys sure know whether its possible.

Edited by sc_neo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just like that, I now have a notification.

:thumbup:

Z...

:thumbsup:

I reckon you can 'fiddle' on the the t.16000 base base and have two devices show up in dcs. Or maybe one can really hook up the grip connector to the t.16000 base electronics...Virpil guys sure know whether its possible.

Well, with enough work I'm sure sure anything would be possible! :smilewink: But seriously, the VPC MongoosT-50 grip isn't compatible with the T.16000 electronics, it is compatible with:

• VPC-Controller
  • TM Warthog-Controller
  • MMJoy2

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

with MMJoy2 you mean wiring it to an arduino board and stuff?

With the MMJoy2 firmware, correct. But this isn't something I've seen, can help with, nor recommend sorry!

Hi Cyph3r,

Bringing discussion back to the base - set includes 3 sets of different cams and springs. Can you, if possible, post instructions on how to swap them.

Thanks!

Of course! I'm currently working on a detailed manual for the VPC MongoosT-50 Base which I hope to get out the door very soon. I can already confirm though the process is very simple :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a short question concerning the standalone grip. Is there anyway to connect hte grip directly to the pc without the Virpil base or Warthog base? I've got the t.16000m and therefor have a lack of buttons and switches. The stick-base combo is more what i can spend atm and getting the grip only would be a good start provided you can hook it up directly to the pc somehow. Any idea on that?

Is not impossible - but require good amount of DIY.

First: T.16000M controller manage 16 buttons + POV HAT

T50 (and Warthog) grip has 19 buttons + POV HAT - T50 has a additional axis (brake lever).

So just plug T50 in T.16000M base will not work, first because T50/Warhog grip send buttons inputs for controller through Shift Register serial protocol.

T.16000M base seems manage buttons through diode matrix (since cost $0,0x less), a different protocol.

Second even if you are able to overcome this some buttons (3) in T50/Warthog grip will not work due lack or T.16000M controller capability.

But you can just use a Arduino PRO Micro or Teensy with MMjoy2 firmware that is compatible with Shift Register serial protocol - or write a Arduino code if are use do this - what is easy and cost little (Arduino PRO Micro clones is ~6 in eBay) for manage grip buttons.

This Milopapa topic exemplify well - just with other parts - how do this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152723

In this way you make a dual joystick with this "Franken'stick":

T.16000M for manage axis (optionally can use their buttons input for "button box") and T50 grip became other joystick. Two USB cables is connect to computer.

For modern flight games (AKA "simulators") this solution don't cause problems because they can use multiples controllers, but for "AAA" games with "flight things" e.g. BF's maybe cause issue, generally they use one joystick only. No clue about "Space games" (my interest in then is like for Star Wars movies = 0).

Make the T.16000M base compatible with Warthog/T50 nut is no difficult, the need parts is available in , probable require some trim in lower part as is done for other models, what you need is the threaded part. T.16000M "twist rudder" certainly need be erased.

BTW - Not sure but probable you can use the T50 brake lever axis though MMjoy2, what is not possible via Warthog base.

You need flash (write) MMjoy2 firmware in Ardunio PRO Micro/Teensy... board, what is simple like record a file in DVD. Don't require additional hardware, as is done through USB cable.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Hi Cyph3r

I understand the preorders of the Mongoose Base are about to be delivered, but how long af a wait would you roughly estimate for new orders?

Best regards

Voucher

We're looking to be around the end of next week for new orders :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cyph3r,

Bringing discussion back to the base - set includes 3 sets of different cams and springs. Can you, if possible, post instructions on how to swap them.

Thanks!

To give a quick text instruction list for changing the cams/springs:

1. Disconnect from PC and remove grip.
  2. Remove 4 x bolts on the rear side of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  3. Remove 4 x bolts on the underside of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base and remove the lower plate.
  4. Disconnect the 3 x cables plugged into the VPC-Controller board.
  5. Remove 4 x outermost bolts on the topside of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  6. Carefully lift the gimbal from the outer housing.
    You will now have the VPC MongoosT-50 gimbal out of the external housing
    pFoQc0t.jpg
  7. Remove 4 x remaining bolts from the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  8. Fully loosen the "pitch" and "roll" axis tensioners. This will free the axis lever arms. You can now replace the springs.
  9. Each cam is held in place with screws, remove these to detach the cams.

Reassembly is just a reverse of these steps. Once you've settled on your preferred cams and compression springs, you can fine tune the tension for each axis via the adjustment holes in the top plate once everything is reassembled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any news on US-bound shipments? Just curious how you're ordering things for dispatch. Not trying to be annoying, just VERY EXCITED to get my hands on the T50! :thumbup:

A few batches have already included US orders. Don't worry, not long to wait now! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My setup is showing still at Export Office in Minsk. It has been released by customs though.

Hopefully not too much longer now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I hope in the not too distant future, the shipping costs to the USA can be substantially reduced. Otherwise I would have no choice but to go lwith a competitor's products (VKB).

I'm very interested in the desk mounts (competitors are not as adjustable and very expensive) but my desk thickness measures 1.5 cm not 2 - 6cm. Would it still work on my desk?

Edited by Baz000

I hope in the not too distant future, the shipping costs to the USA can be substantially reduced. Otherwise I would have no choice but to go lwith a competitor's products (VKB).

I'm very interested in the desk mounts (competitors are not as adjustable and very expensive) but my desk thickness measures 1.5 cm not 2 - 6cm. Would it still work on my desk?

From Virpil page:

"The VPC Desk Mount will attach securely to most computer desks* with a thickness of 15-50mm."

If necessary, pack out the underside of the desk (add a piece of wood between underside of table and clamp) to achieve required depth.....

Edited by Pajeka

I use them on a 1/2 inch glass desk , been great ordered another

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I am not saying that anybody needs to press the panic button yet...

As I mentioned in the earlier post that Cyph3r might be away or not well...

All I am saying is that the customer service expected of them was poor in my case where I either had to bribe the customs officers to release my Parcel or let them confiscate it...

I wouldn't be in that imbroglio if I had a simple pdf invoice sent to me by either Cyph3r or the Virpil team, both of whom I tried to contact multiple times ...

I would have saved a lot of money that way by just paying for the customs duty without bribing any one...

They have just released the parcel yesterday and I am still waiting for the delivery to my place... I was told that there is another fee I have to pay to India Post at the time of the delivery...

This is just adding up to my bad experience as in closing I will end up paying a little less than 70% the value of the products in bribes and fees ...

So finally got back home last week and opened my parcel containing the Desk Mount and the Extension...

First impressions :

- Excellent quality,:thumbup:

- Robust fittings,:thumbup:

- Heavy (as in good quality of metal used),:thumbup:

- Looks exactly like on the website,:thumbup:

- Doesn't move a bit and stays solid on the table with my Warthog fitted.:thumbup:

However on closer examination I did find a few issues like the bent in the metal , the scratches and some rust on the Nuts...

I have included the pictures here...

So the first impressions weren't the last impressions Unfortunately.:cry:

I believe the VPC team needs to be extra carefull with their Quality Check process.

In my opinion the bent in such heavy and thick guage metal cannot be possible even if you throw it from a height. So it is NOT due to being mishandled in shipping or during Customs check but the failure in quality check by VPC before shipping. :mad:

I dont know how I can straighten it. Suggestions welcome... :helpsmilie:

The scratches on the paint on the extension also is due to the failure of QC as it was well packed in bubble wrap and placed in the gap between the Desk Mount. :(

The Nuts of the Desk Mount were rusted. :(

Overall I would say that these wonderful products and the customer satisfaction were ruined due to the issues with their QC. :(

This similar issue with the bend in metal was highlighted by one more simmer in this forum itself, I dont remember who.

Not to forget the already mentioned issues I had earlier with the customs which could have been easily resolved and saved me money only if Cyph3r would have not disappeared that last time...

Since this is a new company and I feel the need to support them I am not going to return these products as a goodwill gesture and as a mark of my support for them however this feedback should be taken very seriously by the VPC Team.

Having said that I honestly wish them the best of luck ... :thumbup:

j3U1Nyf

IMG_20170617_190516.thumb.jpg.ef92000e200d0d0cba0e08fe19296b5a.jpg

IMG_20170617_190543.thumb.jpg.9bf579d700f244d1100d55ef1a70beee.jpg

IMG_20170617_191434.thumb.jpg.871ec54d3665f63c14f1cfdceba13070.jpg

IMG_20170811_220716.thumb.jpg.56f980b43200bef96631877880c61ed1.jpg

IMG_20170811_220729.thumb.jpg.67e668b7a5725acc184e2b3292df911c.jpg

IMG_20170811_220749.thumb.jpg.695d0332e43f4bd47b934fea2556328f.jpg

IMG_20170811_221017.thumb.jpg.965e1c2490b729ad9e1bc2088893586b.jpg

IMG_20170811_220831.thumb.jpg.dea0b2d53a5b3fa07cd04a879f2f802d.jpg

IMG_20170811_220846.thumb.jpg.dd2ba17237622d0cdac7bfbee15fb48a.jpg

IMG_20170811_221913.thumb.jpg.68f3a55d701cb2d1b8a22f66c12671f3.jpg

IMG_20170811_221937.thumb.jpg.f771f7eeb52a9518d849bf78b21c648b.jpg

Edited by Nash

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Mmm, I must say those rusted nuts are pretty bad - can't believe they would send that out like that, along with that bent metal.

I have the stick and base, extension kit, and bracket coming as well - should be here sometime next week I think. It shows it departed the export office yesterday.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yesterday I got my MongoosT-50 Base.

Perhaps, I am the very first retail buyer who received this item (just because Moscow is much closer to Belarus than the India or US).

No scratches and rust. Excellent quality, like it was with VPC MongoosT-50 Stick.

1065896481_T-50Base.thumb.jpg.a10c5e912720ec512b879570f358e75f.jpg

1147953558_T-50BaseandMongoosT.thumb.jpg.f7c70d680ba11292203184aae522987c.jpg

977121413_T-50BaseandWarthogStick.thumb.jpg.cfcf5b130c3dd79e0282b9f25e3b1e17.jpg

Edited by ReviZorro

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Since this is a new company and I feel the need to support them I am not going to return these products as a goodwill gesture and as a mark of my support for them however this feedback should be taken very seriously by the VPC Team.

That's mighty nice. If it were me, I would be expecting a return shipping label immediately.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nash, looking at the picture and the orientation of the parts in the box, it looks like the box itself was crushed and bent the metal. I'm talking about the open box picture. If you can confirm, that's something VPC should consider when boxing the product. Methinks too much faith was put into the shippers!

The rust, is not excusable since someone along the assembly said "screw it...I'm using it anyway" I wonder if it could be threadlock of some kind leaking? If it's really rust, metal and metal, that rust is going to spread over time, no?

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Perhaps, I am the very first retail buyer who received this item (just because Moscow is much closer to Belarus than the India or US).

No scratches and rust. Excellent quality, like it was with VPC MongoosT-50 Stick.

If you can, could you measure from the bottom of the base to the top of the joystick? Virpil's and Warthog?

Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Wait till you receive the Desk mount and Extensions which are metal parts if you have ordered any... Please keep us updated...

That's mighty nice. If it were me, I would be expecting a return shipping label immediately.

Well its a small Simming community ... Hope they learn from this ...

Just didn't want to be too harsh on them as atleast they are trying...

But will definately review the products again after some months of usage and see how they stand after some wear and tear... :joystick:

And for future orders I am definately waiting for reviews from other simmers before ordering ...:smilewink:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Nash, looking at the picture and the orientation of the parts in the box, it looks like the box itself was crushed and bent the metal. I'm talking about the open box picture. If you can confirm, that's something VPC should consider when boxing the product. Methinks too much faith was put into the shippers!

The rust, is not excusable since someone along the assembly said "screw it...I'm using it anyway" I wonder if it could be threadlock of some kind leaking? If it's really rust, metal and metal, that rust is going to spread over time, no?

I must be blind, well actually I am partially blind anyway.

But I can not see any crush marks in that box I am looking at?

Don B