Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

The VPC Extensions do include the cables, however the combined length would only be 225mm, not enough for a floor mounted stick and we don't recommend adding any longer extensions on top of that.

I will say I started off with using 175mm of the extensions, and found that to be a bit much.

I settled on 150 mm with the stick mounted in lowest position on the desk bracket, and found that about right for my tastes. My right forearm is pretty much parallel to the floor.

I really like the amount of the travel of the stick.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies Cypr3r and dburne. I am contemplating a MonsterTech full cockpit including the centre mounted stick, and your information is most useful.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

Thanks for the replies Cypr3r and dburne. I am contemplating a MonsterTech full cockpit including the centre mounted stick, and your information is most useful.

You are most welcome, good luck and let us know how you make out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Can somebody post a video while flying helicopter or harrier in dcs?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Here. My beloved Ka-50 in DCS 1.5.7. Nothing fancy, these are my first tests with the T-50. I've recorded them to show it to my friends so they are simple and dirty recording from a stream.

This is DCS 2.2 and the Normandy map. Again, first tests so I missed the CCRP and did an awful landing but again, it's just a test.

To be honest I have a lot of issues with the T-50 and the Harrier because I set both springs to almost zero traction and they are wonderful on the Ka-50, but they give me some overcorrection issues on the Harrier, especially during AAR. Tighting the springs or reverting them to medium would definitely help but I'm mainly a rotor-head :)

Now I just need a new throttle. The TWCS is great money-wise but a disappointment compared to my old CH Pro Throttle. I'm kinda sad about the delay, especially for the reason that brought it (LEDs?) but I'm confidant in Virpil

@Cyph3r: mate, as you can read from the comments to my first video, I've somehow managed to help selling a T-50. Can I have a free throttle now? :D:D

• Like 1
full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

A little report on prolonged use. After about two months, the grip started to make groaning plastic sounds again and I had to tighten all the screws of the grip again.

More interestingly, the rubber cover on the base started to make really loud "grinding rubber sound". The gimbals in the base is also emitting various sounds, a strong mechanical one and a little squeaking like it should be lubed.

I love the stick for playing, but this thing is like an orchestra.

Edit: Here is a video:

IVc6NDqIjL0

Edited by MBot
  • Like 1

A little report on prolonged use. After about two months, the grip started to make groaning plastic sounds again and I had to tighten all the screws of the grip again.

More interestingly, the rubber cover on the base started to make really loud "grinding rubber sound". The gimbals in the base is also emitting various sounds, a strong mechanical one and a little squeaking like it should be lubed.

I love the stick for playing, but this thing is like an orchestra.

Edit: Here is a video:

Hi MBot, that's certainly not normal. Can you open up the base and just check the springs and cams are mounted correctly?

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The rubber thing is easy to solve. If you replace it with a leather cover (like a car's stick shifter) with an elastic end to hold onto the stick, you would eliminate the sound and do a better job keeping out dust too.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Hi MBot, that's certainly not normal. Can you open up the base and just check the springs and cams are mounted correctly?

Well, I opened in up again, twice. This is already the n-th time I had to open the base to fix problems and it is always a chore, because I have to uninstall it from my seat first. I couldn't find any apparent problem, everything looks in order. It sounds a little different each time I put it back together, and frankly I think now it is even worse.

RPzydZFsP3w

I really love the stick's design and it is really exactly what I was looking for. But I am very unhappy with the numerous problems I had so far and am pretty sick about the number of times I had to open the thing. Say what you want about the Logitech 920, but I didn't have to open this one ever.

Was I just very unlucky and got a Monday-model?

I have my T-50 since late August and use it almost daily. It does make some strange noises and it does not feel quite smooth, when I move it around without flying. But when I fly I do not hear or feel any of this, it's great.

Since I bought it for flying and not for making noise tests this does not bother me at all.

However, in order to maintain a happy user community in the long term, VIRPIL engineering ought to consider these little quirks as quality issues and engineer them out of the product!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Well, I opened in up again, twice. This is already the n-th time I had to open the base to fix problems and it is always a chore, because I have to uninstall it from my seat first. I couldn't find any apparent problem, everything looks in order. It sounds a little different each time I put it back together, and frankly I think now it is even worse.

I really love the stick's design and it is really exactly what I was looking for. But I am very unhappy with the numerous problems I had so far and am pretty sick about the number of times I had to open the thing. Say what you want about the Logitech 920, but I didn't have to open this one ever.

Was I just very unlucky and got a Monday-model?

Hi MBot, can you please email warranty@virpil.com ASAP. We would like to take this unit back to see what's going on.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

E-mail sent. Thank you for taking the time even on a day like today. Merry Christmas.

Don't mention it! :thumbup:

Merry Christmas :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mine makes a few noises but I'm pretty sure it's the springs compressing/moving inside their cylinders, maybe a little grease for those would help? I might have to try that, now that I think about it. I have had to tighten the grip screws a couple times, and that has quieted any grip noise.

To be clear, it is only HEARD and not FELT, after cam replacement my T50 is smooth as silk, with a slight roughness in the very middle transition for either X or Y, but nothing major. I think I got replacement rev b cams which still looked a little rough, but were way better than what came with the stick initially.

The only other source of noise is at the stick limits where it rubs against the rubber dust cover, Virpil I think has redesigned this looking at the pics of the WarBRD. You could also run it without a dust cover, or mod a piece of leather or similar so as to not get pinched at the stick limits.

I will say this: Virpil's after-sales customer support has contributed a huge amount to my positive feelings about this stick, and their product offerings now and in the future. They are doing it right.

I have my T-50 since late August and use it almost daily. It does make some strange noises and it does not feel quite smooth, when I move it around without flying. But when I fly I do not hear or feel any of this, it's great.

Since I bought it for flying and not for making noise tests this does not bother me at all.

However, in order to maintain a happy user community in the long term, VIRPIL engineering ought to consider these little quirks as quality issues and engineer them out of the product!

That has been precisely my experience as well.

I can feel the cam roughness when not flying and just moving the stick around quickly, and hear some clanks. But when flying I do not feel anything, feels very smooth. Obviously smoother/slower control input whilst flying.

And I too have quite a number of hours on mine now.

Don B

I've had quite a few hours now on the stick now. Lately I've also felt "roughness" and some noise on the Y-axis. It felt a lot like the cams would be not smooth but it has actually been the spring. Like with my VKB T-Rudder where the spring was giving noises, I've added grease on the MT-50 base springs and everything is silky smooth again. :joystick::)

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone recieved their stick before christmas or the past week? Mine has been in service for a part exchange for over a month now.

I would send a mail to cyph3r and ask him to check for you:

sale@virpil.com

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1