Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Why does the bottom of the base need to be kept above the surface?

That's a bit of a shame. It'll make the stick more challenging to integrate into my setup. Is it possible to mount the stick in the opposite direction and reverse the axes? Maybe with an extension, as you can just twist the cable?

You don't need keep the base above the surface.

Just don't can attach the base using the lower plate of base. Why?

Because the bolts are not attached in full holes, but in "half-holes" and the effort/leverage - specially with extension, during use may cause disaster.

See here:

You can mount base inverted, example. BTW-Support by Monstertech.

DIY solution: https://imgur.com/a/Q3y7N

And invert axes in VPC software.

Edited by Sokol1_br
type

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, that's just the information I was looking for. I'm glad it works inverted. Thanks guys!

Another question: Do other third party warthog extensions work with the T-50, or do I need to buy their extensions?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Do other third party warthog extensions work with the T-50, or do I need to buy their extensions?

Since VPC follow Thrustmaster standard (M36x2) for grip attachment, no reason that extensions made for Warthog don't work in T50, and T50 in "PnP" in Warthog base (and Warthog grip in T50 base).

Excellent, that's just the information I was looking for. I'm glad it works inverted. Thanks guys!

Another question: Do other third party warthog extensions work with the T-50, or do I need to buy their extensions?

Other extensions should work - but theirs are really high quality - I got them and couldn't be happier

Other extensions should work - but theirs are really high quality - I got them and couldn't be happier

I see that a competitor has a nicely curved extension. Do you think that it might fit?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

:thumbup:

Very pleased with my Virpil extensions also.

I am running a combined 150mm.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@dburne: mate, out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to send back the base and get a replacement / fixed?

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

• 2 weeks later...

►VPC Pre-Order & Production Update

We would like to keep everyone updated with the status of our pre-order products and production, so today we’re pleased to share some new photos and news directly from our new production factory!

We’re happy to confirm that everything is currently moving forward as planned as per our last announcement.

VPC_WarBRDDelta_Assembly.png

VPC_Throttle_Assembly.png

VPC_Throttle_Assembly_02.png

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base and VPC Constellation Delta Grip production is in full swing at our factory. The first serial units have already moved off the production line!

VPC_WarBRDDelta_01.png

VPC_WarBRDDelta_02.png

VPC_WarBRDDelta_03.png

VPC_WarBRDDelta_04.png

The VPC Constellation Delta has undergone some final changes based on real world testing including; newly designed hats that are more comfortable to use and prevent accidental inputs. The hat mechanism itself is a very high quality unit provided by ALPS which provides excellent feedback. The secondary fire button beneath the main trigger is also now recessed to prevent accidental inputs.

We’re very excited to get these products in everyone’s hands and we’re standing by 9th July as the beginning of pre-order dispatches.

We must thank everyone for their patience during the time we’ve spent setting up our factory which had unfortunately slid everything back from our first estimates. However, the future is very bright and as everything comes together we’ll be fully equipped for future product launches!

As always, if anyone has any questions, please contact us at support@virpil.com.

Thanks,

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to hear from you guys!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So, about these future product launches. Can you expand?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Great job Cypher - very happy to keep on supporting you guys, such a great company, all my dealings have been 6 stars on the 5 star scale. Your rapid help when I needed tech support one time (2 hours you guys replied, so FAST, and problem was solved in about 10 minutes tops)...I'll not forget this anytime soon. I love my T50s, and everyone else I let use our 3 gaming systems set up for flight simming always want to use the system we currently have set up with the T50 and a TM throttle on the fantastic and inexpensive desk mounts/clamps.

Seeing those throttles on that assembly and testing bench - I'd love to swoop in and buy every single one. Alas, I'll have to be happy with the one I'll purchase as soon as they're available.

Great job again, and Cypher, I'm sure the rest of the DCS community and those of us who love to follow this part of the forum in the input subforum here, really and truly appreciate the work you do giving us updates like this, including the information and visuals/pics. Thanks again. Both of us here (missus flies a bit as well when she's not into her Fortnite addiction, heh), are very appreciative of posts like this one with the new sticks/throttles.

Heh, may have to purchase T50 base #3, or probably the new WarBrd base, to get an example of your new "space" Constellation Delta sim stick. Looks very interesting, and my nephew is a big time Star Citizen and Elite player - see what he thinks of it, he loves the Mongoose already, so...

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Looking good.

As per the above, just waiting for the throttle with the mini-stick...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get my warBRD and t-50 grip. Looking good.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So, about these future product launches. Can you expand?

Well it's not like we're just going to be taking it easy after we've launched the MT-50 Throttle, WarBRD and Delta! We've got a whole production factory setup now and we're planning on making very good use of it! :smilewink:

Great job Cypher - very happy to keep on supporting you guys, such a great company, all my dealings have been 6 stars on the 5 star scale. Your rapid help when I needed tech support one time (2 hours you guys replied, so FAST, and problem was solved in about 10 minutes tops)...I'll not forget this anytime soon. I love my T50s, and everyone else I let use our 3 gaming systems set up for flight simming always want to use the system we currently have set up with the T50 and a TM throttle on the fantastic and inexpensive desk mounts/clamps.

Seeing those throttles on that assembly and testing bench - I'd love to swoop in and buy every single one. Alas, I'll have to be happy with the one I'll purchase as soon as they're available.

Great job again, and Cypher, I'm sure the rest of the DCS community and those of us who love to follow this part of the forum in the input subforum here, really and truly appreciate the work you do giving us updates like this, including the information and visuals/pics. Thanks again. Both of us here (missus flies a bit as well when she's not into her Fortnite addiction, heh), are very appreciative of posts like this one with the new sticks/throttles.

Heh, may have to purchase T50 base #3, or probably the new WarBrd base, to get an example of your new "space" Constellation Delta sim stick. Looks very interesting, and my nephew is a big time Star Citizen and Elite player - see what he thinks of it, he loves the Mongoose already, so...

Thank you for the kind words! I'm really really glad to hear you're enjoying your VPC products and our interactions - we really appreciate it! :pilotfly:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone with a T50 who went for v1 of the throttle, is the "complete the set" discount still applicable? Don't know how much it was supposed to be, it's been a while since that was announced.

If you've ordered the MT-50 Flightstick from us previously before the pre-orders opened, we're offering an additional discount on top of the 10% pre-order discount! Email support@virpil.com with your previous order number and I can get this sent over to you :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if my T50 will ship this week??? From all accounts I wont hold my breath!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Well it's not like we're just going to be taking it easy after we've launched the MT-50 Throttle, WarBRD and Delta! We've got a whole production factory setup now and we're planning on making very good use of it! :smilewink:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm really really glad to hear you're enjoying your VPC products and our interactions - we really appreciate it! :pilotfly:

I meant are you going to tell us what you’ve got planned next! :smilewink:

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I've recently been contemplating buying a VPC base and grip.

I see that the WarBRD base will be available soon. Is is worth waiting fo the new base?

Will there be a WarBRD base/Mongoos grip bundle?

Are the springs in the WarBRD strong enough for use with longer extensions?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I've recently been contemplating buying a VPC base and grip.

I see that the WarBRD base will be available soon. Is is worth waiting fo the new base?

Will there be a WarBRD base/Mongoos grip bundle?

Are the springs in the WarBRD strong enough for use with longer extensions?

The WarBRD is designed as a desktop joystick only (not use extensions).

The Mongoose T-50 is designed to be mounted with extensions ( beefier gimbal system).

Don B

Now the 19 of June, ordered on the 5th....I cannot believe it takes this long to ship an IN STOCK ITEM???? Yes I'm annoyed! The amount of money you ask for these sticks and you can't get IN STOCK items out the door in a timely fashion.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Now the 19 of June, ordered on the 5th....I cannot believe it takes this long to ship an IN STOCK ITEM???? Yes I'm annoyed! The amount of money you ask for these sticks and you can't get IN STOCK items out the door in a timely fashion.
If you have read their updates. They recently opened a new factory and were in the process of setting everything up. Most people had pre-ordered though. Waiting sucks but when neither vkb has stock and you want quality, but you need a new stick and there is no other local competition, there isn't an option other than waiting.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz