Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I truly hope that I am an exception rather than a rule as I backed this product 100% but nearly 6 months of waiting to get a working device is just absolutely unacceptable, I have a patience of a saint but this is running out now.

Las communication is on 9th of August that my device has been received and is in a queue not a peep since. Really? Is it going to be a year before I get a working device? Or ever?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hope that I am an exception rather than a rule as I backed this product 100% but nearly 6 months of waiting to get a working device is just absolutely unacceptable, I have a patience of a saint but this is running out now.

Las communication is on 9th of August that my device has been received and is in a queue not a peep since. Really? Is it going to be a year before I get a working device? Or ever?

Yea it takes a while. Last message I got from them on my ticket came in yesterday I think 7-8 days before the previous message. I was given their engineer's Skype info so I sent a message there. I'm hoping they can just send me a new grip cable and I don't have to send it in but we will see. They did say the whole team has been swamped with work and apologized for the delay in response. Luckily I still have the warthog grip I can use on the warBRD base and that stays connected on there better than the t50 does.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 3 weeks later...

rusty bolts

Hi there. it's been a while. I guess because the two T50s have been running flawlessly.

I did notice, however, that all the hex nuts on the outer case are badly corroded (basic rust).

Nothing else in my room suffers from this.

Anyone else noticed that? I'm tempted to open them up and take a look inside to see if there's any rusty parts.

Japan gets humid in the summer but I run with Aircon for about 8 hours a day.

TIA

ED/SC/FSX fan

Hi there. it's been a while. I guess because the two T50s have been running flawlessly.

I did notice, however, that all the hex nuts on the outer case are badly corroded (basic rust).

Nothing else in my room suffers from this.

Anyone else noticed that? I'm tempted to open them up and take a look inside to see if there's any rusty parts.

Japan gets humid in the summer but I run with Aircon for about 8 hours a day.

TIA

Yea the hex nuts that I used for the warBRD base attachment were also rusted. My heavy springs were rusted as well. But I put some oil on the springs before I changed to them from the stock springs.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yea the hex nuts that I used for the warBRD base attachment were also rusted. My heavy springs were rusted as well. But I put some oil on the springs before I changed to them from the stock springs.

Oh S**T! The springs were rusted, too?

I'm scared to open it up now.

What the hell kind of cheap springs are they using that rust?

Crazy.

Also, the nuts on the top are really severely rusted, perhaps from my bare forearms laying over them occasionally this summer when I used a sub-keyboard during a game.

They're so corroded that when I cleaned out all the rusty gunk from the hex "depression" in the centre with q-tips and alcohol I noticed they're all rounded off and the nut is visibly smaller than it was before... LOL. May need a pair of pliers to get these nuts off, the supplied Alan-key is clearly not going to work.

Very disappointed with $700 worth of hardware. could have at least used stainless bolts and springs.

Edited by graxxor

ED/SC/FSX fan

Oh S**T! The springs were rusted?

I'm scared to open it up now.

What the hell kind of cheap springs are they using that rust?

Crazy.

Very disappointed with $700 worth of hardware.

The springs that were installed are fine. I had to switch mine to the heavy springs since I will often swap to the the warthog grip. They were in a separate small bag which seems the salt packet had fallen out which is why they rusted.

I put some oil on them so they seem fine. I may actually take them out and put more oil as I have no idea how the heavy springs should feel in the first place.

Got my tracking number today! Thanks, Cyph3r for all the support!:thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Ok, after a couple of months I've decided to attempt to change cams just for fun. Now I know what people are talking about. It wasn't fun at all.

This is from my experience, your mileage may vary.

These cams are not changeable in its current state without risking damage to the screws. I am not sure what sort of combination of military strength thread lock and swiss cheese screws is used, but without specialized tools, average user won't be able to remove them without stripping. Heating does not help.

Virpil needs to rethink this part as far as I am concerned. I'd stop advertising this base as having changeable cams until then.

Edited by mdee

Ok, after a couple of months I've decided to attempt to change cams.

Now I know what people are talking about.

This is from my experience, your mileage may vary.

These cams are not changeable in its current state without risking damage to the screws. I am sort sure what sort of combination of military strength thread lock and swiss cheese screws is used, but without specialized tools, average user won't be able to remove them. Heating does not help.

Virpil needs to rethink this part as far as I am concerend

Yeah the cam mounting design with those screws have been the bane of this otherwise great stick.

I am really surprised they have not addressed that to where folks don't have this trouble with them.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi, guys

My T-50 base is about to arrive and I would like to start the modifications on my wheelstand pro plate to secure into it, but I was looking for some guidance about the size of the screws and the distance between then to make the correct holes. Is there some kind of chart about the dimensions or any kind of instructions available? Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Got mine today, after some fights with the software everything is working perfect. Awesome piece of hardware!!!

Edited by GriffonBR

I'll be damned! I was going to order one tomorrow. That's as soon as I could get the money. I sent a PM to Chph asking if he could hold one. He never got back to me.

That's it! I'll buy a Warthog tomorrow and it will come with free shipping.

Buzz

I have an MT-50 base for sale, hardly used. I work (and do most of my flying) away from home and it's a bit of a lump to kart backwards and forwards. Unfortunately, because I'm away right now, I won't be able to dispatch it until the end of the month. PM me to make an offer. If it doesn't sell here it will go on eBay.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I would rather have seen Virpil focus more on grips, a new one with more buttons to be more versatile, than discontinuing the T-50 Mongoos base and focusing on the WarBRD stick and Throttle.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would rather have seen Virpil focus more on grips, a new one with more buttons to be more versatile, than discontinuing the T-50 Mongoos base and focusing on the WarBRD stick and Throttle.

Sounds like they're shifting their focus to the space-sim demographic. Man, if they didn't like OUR impatience, are they in for an eye-opener!

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.