Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baur now is using Shift Register in their KG13-B grip:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=897&p=30217#p30214

So this grip can be used "PnP" in Warthog base, and in other way Warthog grip can be used "PnP" in BRD bases... ect. ect.

I figured that it probably would work but you never know so always good to ask.

Anway, Sokol to the rescue as usual, thanks!

Wont let me +rep you any more at the moment unfortunately ;)

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I sure am liking the looks of those deskmounts.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Regarding the throttle, it would be cool if the raising/lowering the red cover would also flip some switch as the safety switches in DCS modules are usually covered which is a prerequisite to operating the actual switch.

Otherwise, it just looks cool, but can't be used for its most apparent purpose.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Flying with the VPC MongoosT-50 grip in the cockpit!

xGbaRPxl.jpg

FX9mSljl.jpg

We have already started to apply some improvements to the grip to ensure our pilots get the best possible experience!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Decisions decisions...

lol

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

are you going to make universal hotas mounts for other brand hotas?

it is very hardo to find one and existing mounts are too expensive. yours look reasonable

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

are you going to make universal hotas mounts for other brand hotas?

it is very hardo to find one and existing mounts are too expensive. yours look reasonable

Yes we will be! We are already offering mounting plates to use the TM Warthog with the VPC Desk Mounts.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The throttle in the cockpit photos is an early VPC prototype throttle. The VPC MongoosT-50 throttle will be even better!

The throttle image that Sokol posted is an early render of the VPC MongoosT-50 throttle.

EugP5hh.jpg

The throttle handles are nearing completion - but we want to know from all of you, what can we do to make the perfect throttle base?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The throttle handles are nearing completion - but we want to know from all of you, what can we do to make the perfect throttle base?

I'll repost this then:

Regarding the throttle base, it would be cool if the raising/lowering the red cover would also be recognized as flipping some switch (so it can be programmed to raise/lower the cover in the game) as the safety switches in DCS modules are usually covered which is a prerequisite to being able to operate the actual switch. Otherwise another switch needs to be used for that so it won't be really that useful.

Some other random thoughts on the matter..

I also think a rotary encoder with at least 7-8 positions would be a must as many planes use those for master mode switching. Ideally another one would be added, perhaps smaller and with e.g. 5 positions.

Also, I presume the lever on the side is for the landing gear. Perhaps another slider (I mention slider as sometimes flaps have 3 positions) can be added on the other side of the throttle for flaps. It's nice to have a distinct controls for those so the current position can be checked without looking.

It would be nice if the throttle had an option of adding some light detents for like OFF/IDLE and MIL/AFTERBURNER transitions. The DCS would also need to support customizing the throttle axis positions for these (eg. like Falcon 4 has for the burners), but hopefully this would show up sooner or later.

Not sure if adding few three position (and perhaps even one four position) switch is an option? Those are also rather common.

The switches and other controls would ideally have some generic labeling, ideally back-lit or at least fluorescent paint would be used :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

can we see complete warthog mount with plate?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I would like to, or mod selector should be on the joystick (grip) rather than on the throttle base, for faster modes change. I agree blue buttons are looks ugly. Change the color to green and add backlighting. We don't know how many 4/8 hat buttons there are, but it would be good to have them 2-3, rotary potentiometers with push-buttons, and two-position sliders. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

A big +1 on the rotaries, something the Warthog is certainly lacking in.

Don B

A perfect Throttle should also have interchangable handle grips to change them according to the aircraft your flying. (same like your stick)

I really like the number of buttons / hats + the wheel on the Throttle btw. Both parts of the handles should be optionally connected. (similar to the Warthog throttle. This locking mechanism is simple and works great)

As some others said, afterburner detend would be great and "pullable" handles like the warthog throttle for the engine startup. This is probably not used in many aircrafts, but the more options in one throttle the better! :)

Ah and I forgot to add modular parts for the "surface" with different button / switches layouts (just dreaming ;) ) and the same or very similar size as the Warthog Throttle so it can be mounted on the same surfaces.

Edited by Ayindi

I guess 8 axis (Windows limit):

2 - Throttles

1 - "Antena"

2 - "TDC"

1 - "T" lever on right side

2 - "Rotaries".

The other 2 knobs are encoder.

Is said in IL-2 forum that lilac square buttons caps are removable, but not backlight.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Lift cutoff idle detent for me.

A small wheel shaped switch and flap shaped switch like real aircraft. You can feel them when in VR.

As many multi axis analog sticks as you can fit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

The throttle in the cockpit photos is an early VPC prototype throttle. The VPC MongoosT-50 throttle will be even better!

Great to hear!

Perfect?

Of course, lots of buttons and switches1 The X-55/56 throttle is actually a REALLY nice design from a functional perspective---it just sucks from a quality/implementation perspective. I Luuurve those thumb rotaries above and below, both with additional press action. Those dial rotaries on the base are also nice, and could do with a couple more. The slew nipple position is nice (better than the TMWH index mouse), just crappy precision. The only lemons on the design are the useless thumb slider and the pinky wheel.

Thing to note are that, apart from the "in-game" switches that control the aircraft in-game, since it is after all a simulation, we need a couple of extra easy-to-reach switches: zoom, TrackIR pause, etc.

But all that I think/hope you have covered.

Here is something radical --- the ability to add an extension! Why? To use as a collective! THAT would be awesome.