SHIP MOD ALLIGATOR RELEASE

Automod are proud to present Project 1171

Tapir Landing Ship (NATO reporting name Alligator) based on the Saratov in active service

shipau10.jpg

Design of Project 1171 was initiated in 1959 by the Navy, while a similar dual-purpose Project 1173

was ordered by the civilian Ministry of Shipping. Eventually both designs were merged under Project 1171 umbrella,

and the resulting ship was a compromise between military (speed, survivability) and civil (fuel economy) objectives.

Design team produced four different configurations of the ship. The Navy selected the most powerful and fastest option,

which was also least fuel-efficient, and the civil Ministry withdrew from the project completely. All production ships

were made for the Navy and never operated on shipping lines. A total of 14 vessels were completed between 1964 and 1975;

all were retired in 1992–1995.

screen38.jpg

screen35.jpg

screen37.jpg

screen36.jpg

This has taken many hours or modelling, texturing and LUA creation, many trying to work out how something is done within DCS.

I would like to give special thanks to a few individuals for their assistance during the course of this project: Pikey, Suntsag, Skatezilla and Joey45

for their advice and support during the project.

We hope you will include this model in your missions and have as much fun with it as we have had whilst creating it.

DOWNLOAD

Many thanks

Automod Team

(B/229) Specter - Modeller / Texturing

Pikey - LUA Development / Project Manager

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Awesome Spec congratulations on the first "baby". We would like to give more back to the Comunity by explaining some of the challenges, we went into this utterly noobs, very little except Spec's base modelling experience in Maya (not Max). We had lots of sticky points, lots of work, we could total the effort later and try to make some guides, but for now, a wee break!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thank you!

+1000

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

+ thanks to Jacks also, who leant his experience of his modding, and I think several people popped past the landing ships thread also with pointers, thanks to those. If we missed anyone, know that it's on the back of way too many people's experience and learning to mention, so thanks also includes everyone that posted up their problems and were indexed by Google and we foudn their videos or written work....there are MANY.

Great work by you and your team. Thanks for sharing this ship. It will look great right up to the moment I try to drop a bomb, or lay a rocket on it. It will be a great addition to my fleet of ships.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Great work!

Changing the name of the file in the encyclopedia\ship to Alligator.txt and the second line in the file to "alligator_1171.edm" instead of the .png and the model will be present at the Encyclopedia as a 3D model.

I´ve added in the Alligator_1171.lua a line:

GT.Countries = {"Russia","Ukraine"};

before the " add_surface_unit(GT)" to have the ship in the Russian and Ukraine Fleets.

Any chance to have the twin 57mm functional? Maybe the guns created for the ZSU-57-2 mod colud be used with their ammunition.

Thanks for the fixes, we were all over the place handing back the files because we hadn't got a dev environment setup! I'll make sure we update at some point, perhaps when we get the Grails working again (they stopped at some point.)

We didnt put the guns in the original scope, lacking some knowledge, but we will likely look at it at some point.

Feel free to tinker around and offer advice, cheers!

Great work!

Changing the name of the file in the encyclopedia\ship to Alligator.txt and the second line in the file to "alligator_1171.edm" instead of the .png and the model will be present at the Encyclopedia as a 3D model.

I´ve added in the Alligator_1171.lua a line:

GT.Countries = {"Russia","Ukraine"};

before the " add_surface_unit(GT)" to have the ship in the Russian and Ukraine Fleets.

Any chance to have the twin 57mm functional? Maybe the guns created for the ZSU-57-2 mod colud be used with their ammunition.

nice job :thumbup:

however please fix the crashed normals around the windows and on the sidewall of the ship - those are causing the strange shadows

and please make animated propellers and rudder, transparent water is coming for dcsw

thanks

Edited by NRG-Vampire
animated

sign-pic4.jpg

Really? How do you know this? We didn't bother as we didn't think so, exciting news if so, but would love a link!

nice job :thumbup:

however please fix the crashed normals around the windows and on the sidewall of the ship - those are causing the strange shadows

and please make propellers and rudder, transparent water is coming for dcsw

thanks

Just got a chance to look over this Ship. (Finally home!)

I love the detail!

Lettering on the depth charges?

Fire extinguisher!

Can't wait to shoot at it! :D

Thanks again!

1140064646_Gaterextingisher.thumb.png.9205d993b8f0edd826c38d68c37086fb.png

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."