Gazelle question.

Skeeyer

1st... I love it keep the great work up.

Will we get and option to remove the doors at some point? With the rift this woul be so cool.

Vortex ring state (VRS), also known as settling with power, is a hazardous condition encountered in helicopter flight. :joystick:

yes this would be nice, especially once we get a OH-58 (as they are used like this)....

Even nicer would be the ability to lean out and look around once those doors are removed.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

yes of course reality is important concerning the Gazelle... would be very nice though (including lean out feature)!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

... unless you have pictures of them, in other climates, without doors, IMHO, not very likely. Ready to be corrected on this of course.

There are a few pictures on the web of Gazelles flown without doors, but think the most notable is probably the South African park rangers who abseil/jump with their tracking dogs.

helicopter_rap-2.jpg

https://youtu.be/-a5NCWLEc1g?t=45s

Source: http://www.k9security.biz/flying-dogs-join-the-fight-against-rhino-poaching/

French Special Forces:

Cfvwo9zW8AAeyz9.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ohhhh! I do hope it comes with Snipers!

Would not mind the pistol for the pilot too, what is that a H&K or Walther? yes please!