VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta

1 hour ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Google Link doesn't work.

that’s a post from 2 years ago. Read the posts starting from:

Unfortunately, the dcs changes since january need applying a small fix for a couple of files, so read all the posts starting with the one I linked.
best regards,

Eduardo

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

52 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks, got both the original and the fix.

Asking as I'm going to release some missions before the end of September and I want the Kobuleti airfield - for starters - to be as real as possible... this add-on is amazing.

Screen_210717_231121.png

Edited by AvgeekJoe
Adding a screenshot

Hey there sorry to bug again but I'm getting no lights from this scenery pack.... just from the aircraft:

Screen_210718_115723.png

Screen_210718_120355.png

I've added a generator and a switch station.  I've added loads of light towers and even a blast fence with lights.  No joy.

EDIT: I've learned this is a current problem w/ Beta 2.7 so I will simply delete the tents and lights from this add-on mission at night until we get some lights.

Edited by AvgeekJoe
Learned this is a known bug.

7 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Hey there sorry to bug again but I'm getting no lights from this scenery pack....

Hi,

Are you using this fix?

it works for me:

TBmnmS4.jpg

keep in mind that the light towers should be used as Ground Units -> Fortifications .. if you use them as Static Objects then the lighting wont work.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

45 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

keep in mind that the light towers should be used as Ground Units -> Fortifications .. if you use them as Static Objects then the lighting wont work.

I think that yup, going to Vehicles => Fortifications is what the trick is post-fix.

Screen_210718_131057.png

For reference I used the patched VPC Airfield Equipment v0.9.6 (by voc & edited by Rudel_chw) a lighting tower, a blast fence (no lights) and a NATO lighting cart.  For starters...

Thanks so much for your help @Rudel_chw.  You won't be disappointed with the final product of 8-10 missions coming out later this year.

20 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Thanks so much for your help @Rudel_chw.  You won't be disappointed with the final product of 8-10 missions coming out later this year.

You are welcome .. may I mention that I edited a series of Static Templates for airbases, that may save you time when using the VPC Mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-static_template/user-is-rudel-chw/apply/

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

... You won't be disappointed with the final product of 8-10 missions coming out later this year.

Hi,

One last detail that somehow I forgot to mention:

If you intend to share your missions with the community, keep in mind that many people don't like to use Mods .. and the VPC Mod is a particularly complex Mod to setup on the current versions of DCS. That's why I seldom share my own missions, as most make use of several Mods. 

Regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

Well many, many thanks for your help @Rudel_chw.  As far as folks opinions on mods, well I'm going to make sure to hyperlink to mods like liveries & VPM Airfield in the readme.  If folks don't like it, tough.  I want to be as immersive as possible and you're helping with that.

With that, I've updated and adjusted your Kobuleti template a bit as per attachments.  Same concept in two formats - one in .stm and one in .miz.  I did decide to also "park" some of the static gear I'm going to move around and duplicate later.

Worth noting that the US divested of the Hawk missile as per Wikipedia by 2002 & Georgians don't use Hawks so I just added a Patriot site and some Avengers & for one of the two supply depots a Stinger.  Definitely enough air defenses to keep just about any foe from bombing or strafing the base.

Bummed to delete the fun that was between parking spots 41 & 42 but I had to ensure the large aircraft parking spots can still accept C-17s and C-5s.  My intent is for Kobuleti to be an airhead for NATO reinforcements, ok?

Finally, I reserve the right and responsibility to create a V2 as testing continues. 🙂

JAK Kobuleti Template V1.stm Kobuleti_Config_.miz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Installing and using this mod has become something of a trauma sadly. The information is now so diffuse its become very confusing  and there is no clarification if the mod even works anymore.  Any threads referenced by way of reply to those asking for help, are long, contemporanious ones which do not really denote if the original patch is updated, requires patching or something in between. Worst still they tend to lead to a merry go round of feedback loops in the links. The orginal 0.9.4 patch on the Virpil site does not appear to work as it stands.  There are references to "fixes" but the links are either dead or return anti virus errors from windows defender and many could miss the root folder fixes required post 2.7.  

I have used and enjoyed the mod for many years and over several DCS "editions" so Im no noob but on this occasion Im beaten. 

EDIT - Im a dumbass

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, Boosterdog said:

Installing and using this mod has become something of a trauma sadly. The information is now so diffuse its become very confusing  and there is no clarification if the mod even works anymore.  Any threads referenced by way of reply to those asking for help, are long, contemporanious ones which do not really denote if the original patch is updated, requires patching or something in between. Worst still they tend to lead to a merry go round of feedback loops in the links. The orginal 0.9.4 patch on the Virpil site does not appear to work as it stands.  There are references to "fixes" but the links are either dead or return anti virus errors from windows defender and many could miss the root folder fixes required post 2.7.  

I have used and enjoyed the mod for many years and over several DCS "editions" so Im no noob but on this occasion Im beaten. 

In the post before yours you have two links in post from april 17 /Rudel-chw with OvGME screenshots the first is for the mod compatible last DCS version (goes in Saved Games), then the second is the fix you have to past in DCS core

Saved Games https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JE4RY9YQlWXv9SRw?e=8eaIZo

DCS Core (fix) https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JDq-My2YN2UBxBCw?e=SYjG3G

Hope this helps you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

32 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

In the post before yours you have two links in post from april 17 /Rudel-chw with OvGME screenshots the first is for the mod compatible last DCS version (goes in Saved Games), then the second is the fix you have to past in DCS core

Saved Games https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JE4RY9YQlWXv9SRw?e=8eaIZo

DCS Core (fix) https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JDq-My2YN2UBxBCw?e=SYjG3G

Hope this helps you 

Thank you @Morpheus! - And thank you for restraining from calling me a dumbass which clearly I am!  Dunno how I missed that obvious and clearly set out post. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

9 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

Thank you @Morpheus! - And thank you for restraining from calling me a dumbass which clearly I am!  Dunno how I missed that obvious and clearly set out post. 

Sometime we don't see what is just in front of us, so the important is the fact you have the solution to use this beautiful mod 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

17 hours ago, Mitch said:

I'm working on new Liveries for the MOD

Screen_211212_191343.jpg

every man with a clipboard -EVER!

Nice work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Baco said:

Any chance this mod will be fixed? its very unstable for me, depending on the object I choose, my DCS shuts down, digax crash... I love what I can use, but I wish it would be optimized!

This thread points to obsolete versions of the Mod .. have you seen the version I uploaded here?

That version works for me, like this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1