Problems with Sabre guns

clarasdk

I am currently playing through your great campaign with the Sabre and I love it. Great job!

I have one beef though (probably not your fault), but the Sabre guns are so weak that I sometimes run out of ammo before I can finish the goals in the mission. One example is the mission where I am ordered to shoot down 3 MI-8 running away. I empty all of my guns into one of them and it still does not go down :(

So my question, if I buy the Mig 15 and play your campaign is it the same missions just with another airplane?

But else your mission is a great way to get to know the airplane and get to fly it with a lot of immersion.

Are you planning to do other campaigns because they would be insta buy for me :)

One of the 3 helicopters is a Mi-26 and with that thing's damage model you cannot kill it from behind. I once hit it with 400+ .50cals and two HVARs and it went on flying as if nothing happened. ;) So next try I went in from his 2 o'clock high, put ~25 bullets into his rotor assembly and boom. :)

The two Mi-8s are very easy to kill by aiming at the tail rotor. If you creep up behind them slowly you might even be able to get them both in one pass.

Hope that helps.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hello there clarasdk.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the campaign. And yes, the MiG-15 version of this campaign is the same as the F-86. With regards to the issue you're talking about, yeah ... it's known, sorry about that. I tried to remedy this by setting the Mi-26 to explode after losing a certain percentage of it's life. I've done that in other missions too, where it has been really hard for the F-86 to gun something down.

Click spoiler for some other info about the mission.

You don't actually have to kill the helicopters to pass the mission either. So don't worry to much if they slip away.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Hello there clarasdk.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the campaign. And yes, the MiG-15 version of this campaign is the same as the F-86. With regards to the issue you're talking about, yeah ... it's known, sorry about that. I tried to remedy this by setting the Mi-26 to explode after losing a certain percentage of it's life. I've done that in other missions too, where it has been really hard for the F-86 to gun something down.

Click spoiler for some other info about the mission.

You don't actually have to kill the helicopters to pass the mission either. So don't worry to much if they slip away.

- Apache600

Thx for the quick respons and once again thanks for the great modul! I hope you will make many more in the future. The good modules make DCS much more interesting as there is a purpose to the flying :)

Keep in mind that DCS doesn't model cumulative structural damage at the moment. So for example if You kill an engine of enemy plane/helicopter, You can pump infinite amount of bullets into this engine and the aircraft will still fly, cause from the game's perspective when component is "dead", it cannot be more "dead". Doesn't matter if it's 20 bullets, or 200 or 2000.

So the only way to kill things with machineguns & cannons in DCS is either shooting off a wing / empennage, or killing all thrust producing devices required for forward flight, or hitting a pilot.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.