Mk.82AIR overshoots every time? (CCRP)

EasyEB

Greetings!

So I'm trying to get my Mk.82AIR on target, but it seems it always overshoots by about 40-50 feet consistently. Is there any way to kind of make it not do that? How are you getting them on target?

No wind in test mission.

Consistently 40-50 feet overshoot every time, regardless of speed/altitude.

The target point is directly below target (tank).

Cheers!

install warhead mod

don't use airs, except against groups of infantry

IMO airs are basically useless in DCS because flying treetop level against machine guns is suicide, furthermore explosions do very little damage to anything without modding.

it's actually much more efficient to use 45~ degree CCIP dives and just use mk82 if you want to use bombs.

it might very well be busted though who knows, my wager is that very few pilots use mk82air for above reason. i wish snakeyes were in the game honestly.

install warhead mod

don't use airs, except against groups of infantry

IMO airs are basically useless in DCS because flying treetop level against machine guns is suicide, furthermore explosions do very little damage to anything without modding.

it's actually much more efficient to use 45~ degree CCIP dives and just use mk82 if you want to use bombs.

it might very well be busted though who knows, my wager is that very few pilots use mk82air for above reason. i wish snakeyes were in the game honestly.

Thanks.

install warhead mod

i wish snakeyes were in the game honestly.

Other than parachute/fins, what make snakeyes so different?

Edited by Bersagliere81

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Other than parachute/fins, what make snakeyes so different?

nothing, save that they have an intermediate attack profile. mk82 leads to self-frag because A-10 cannot effectively climb out of the blast at low altitude, airs are affected by wind too much. snakeyes would be a nice happy medium for the A-10.

airs are not any good because you either have to be right over the treetops to drop them (suicide against anything with a gun above 20mm) or they hang in the air for 10 minutes and miss.

(suicide against anything with a gun above 20mm)

Lol, yeah, I remember the time I was flying low, and missed a BTR-90 sitting on the field. I think it literally cut my A-10 in half length wise. :doh:

it's better than it used to be, where ZU-23s would hit you dead center of mass with 100% of bullets at max range while you were hauling 300 knots in a dive 7000 feet up in a turn in the dark while in a rainstorm, but it's still taking a big risk with the aircraft any time you enter WEZ of anything with a cannon.

the game really desperately needs less threatening machine gun platforms, like those fielded by ISIS imo. "insurgents" equipped with massive amounts of 40mm shipunov equipped vehicles is a little.. eh

• 1 month later...

Lol, yeah, was flying the Shark last night against some tanks. The sky was ALIVE with .50 caliber fire going everywhere. Then a platoon of Stryker's joined in with their 30mm Bushmasters! I thought I had been hit by a missile!

Yea, they've been in the game for a long time.

Which aircraft have them available as payloads, though, I'm not sure.

It's pretty easy to add them to the list of available weapons, not sure how well they'd work, though.

I added the AIM-9X to the F-15C a while back, and they seemed to work fine.

I guess with how much more involved the A-10C is the profile controls would probably be all jacked up. :\

Either way I can't remember which .lua it was in, but a quick forum search should find it.