Infrantry rescue mission - ADF?

awjudge

I'm trying to write a mission similar to the training mission where you rescue an infantry unit.

I can't seem to get the ADF to work. The infantry unit has been placed, and has a condition set to tune his frequency to 400mHz AM.

However, the ADF in the Gazelle just gives me static. Am I missing something obvious?

TIA

You'll want to set a couple of conditions for the unit -

• the frequency (as you've done)
  • and transmit a message (you must link to a sound file or DCS ADF won't work - it doesn't matter if it's just a couple of seconds of silence).

There's a couple of useful youtube videos

Note: When you save the mission, the audio file is saved inside the mission file, so large audio files will increase it's size.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm getting there, but I still seem to have an issue. I've configured the infantry unit with a Freq and a message. However, when I tune my ADF to that freq, my nav needle appears to send me to where I took off, not where the infantry unit is...

Colour me confused.