Su-25 JBG-77 East Germany Air Force (Luftstreitkräfte)

Ce_Zeta

Woohoo, finally! Great skin, I've been waiting for this one for a long time! Thank you for creating this one.

The Su-25 was intended to substitute the MiG-23BN of JBG-37, which were planned to be sold, but since there was no other state found to buy them and due to the demise of the GDR, this plan never materialized. Because of this it's highly probable that the Su-25 would have been operated by JBG-37, not JBG-77. This latter wing operated the Su-22, which was an excellent fighter-bomber at that time, and I doubt that there were plans to exchange the Su-22 with Su-25 in that wing. Or do you have sources providing different information? I would love to hear about that.

Hope you plan more GDR skins in the future!

Woohoo, finally! Great skin, I've been waiting for this one for a long time! Thank you for creating this one.

The Su-25 was intended to substitute the MiG-23BN of JBG-37, which were planned to be sold, but since there was no other state found to buy them and due to the demise of the GDR, this plan never materialized. Because of this it's highly probable that the Su-25 would have been operated by JBG-37, not JBG-77. This latter wing operated the Su-22, which was an excellent fighter-bomber at that time, and I doubt that there were plans to exchange the Su-22 with Su-25 in that wing. Or do you have sources providing different information? I would love to hear about that.

Hope you plan more GDR skins in the future!

You are right. Thanks. I put the name without check the source and I turned 3 to a 7 due to a bad memory :D

I will corret the name of the skin.

Looks nice, but please upload it to the dcs-user-file-skin section to
Thanks for the advice.

Are you interested in doing a similar skin for the Su-25T? I know it was never put into regular production, but as this is a what-if skin anyway, I think a dedicated anti-tank version of the Su-25 would have been something of interest to the GDR considering the scenario it would have been used in.

Nice idea. I will do it :thumbup: Su-25T for JBG-77 and Su-25 I will correct it JBG-37.