Suggestions for mission 3

Hello, I've been trying mission 3 for several times and I couldn't complete it. I'm following WPs until WP7 and then I contact with JTAC Enfield 8. He send me a type 3 contact and a coordinates (NB645623), although no red triangle appear in TAD and I don't know what to do with the coordinates. They don't look UTM or L/L. After that I contact with JTAC again asking several times for "What's my objective" but no answer is received. I continue in the SP8 zone and do fire against several tanks, but then I receive a call saying "Abort, abort, don't authorised" or something like that. Could give me some advise or how to use that coordinates?

Thanks.

The red triangle should show up if the unit is EPLRS enabled. I've not played this mission yet so I'm not sure if the JTAC is a ground unit or airborne.

If the JTAC is airborne you won't get the red triangle but could create a new wp using the coordinates to get a fix on the target area.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm having a similar problem. I'm able to locate the convoy but as soon as I open fire I get "Abort, Abort, Abort. You have no permission". I'm guessing I need to get permission before entering restricted airspace (the container), but how do I do that?

Edited by Mango

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks. I've yet to complete this mission (had 1 attempt last night but DCS crashed just as I Pushed!

I believe:

You will only get the TAD indication from JTAC once you complete the full JTAC contact: Check-in, Read Back, etc.

As far as I understand it, The Container is a no fly zone. Entering is an immediate failure. Form a couple of other threads it seems the Abort message may be a bug and can be ignored.

I will have another go tonight and see how I get on.

(I am pretty new to DCS and am by no means an expert, so apologies if this is incorrect/inaccurate!)

Update: Just had another go at the mission. I loitered at SP5 (Marshal) until confirmation that SA19s were down as brief states 'Only move into FEBA once area sanitized' then pushed in. At SP7 I checked in with JTAC and was given TAD target. I did get the Abort, no permission message but continued anyway, successfully taking out Arty with help from 2. I was given mission success, RTB message so checked out with JTAC and headed home.

I highly recommend using the PDFs that come with the campaign as they give more detail than the in-game brief and, with the map and line-up card, add to the immersion.

Edited by JJester
Update