Battle over the Lake Mission CTD

Captain Orso

Is anybody else flying this mission?

I've flown it a number of times and about half the time DCS crashes somewhere between 1-3 minutes into the mission.

Anybody else experiencing this?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've also had crashes to desk while flying the Spitfire. I think it have mostly happened in the dogfight mission (as that is what I have flown the most), but might have happened in other missions as well.

ETA: It have actually happened to me while flying online as well, so not mission dependent.

I also have a problem with DCS loosing connection to Track-IR. Can't say for sure if that have only happened when flying the Spit. TIR remains on (green on the left side), but DCS have lost connection to it, only need to restart DCS to get it working again, but really annoying if you're in the middle of a mission. That have never happened in other games.

Tried this mission, got shot down the first two tries (yes, I really need to train!), but on the third try I started to get into a good position on the leader when DCS decided to crash to desk.

Happened once before tonight while flying the dogfight mission (and of course I had just shot down the both 190's without getting my wingman killed), CTD. Also got the loss of TIR once tonight while flying the Spit.

Flew the DF mission against the 190 in the Mustang a couple of times to see if I got something similar, but in the 4 runs I did with the P-51 I never had any problems...