Copy protection

tintifaxl

As the MIG-21 had lots of problems with the copy protection, I'd like to know if we can expect the Viggen to be hassle free in this regard?

For me this was a major issue with the MIG-21 module and will influence my decision to buy or not to buy the Viggen massively.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I think it's a fair assumption that with the experience they've gained releasing the Fishbed that they'll be much better prepared for releasing the Viggen, but like IonicRipper I don't recall a big to-do with the copy protection for the MiG-21. If you're deciding on getting it or not, I'd definitely prioritize concerns over the copy protection lower than just about anything else.

The MiG-21 is the only aircraft I've repeatedly had to re-activate for no discernible reason. I think it's reasonable to hope that Leatherneck have gotten their act in order a little more since the MiG-21 release.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

My MiG21 lics deactivate by pure overclocking measurements, reboots and sometimes just out of the blue or following MS updates, like new builds.

I have 3 x 10 lics used up meanwhile and I do NOT activate the MiG21 anymore until this is solved

For Hardware Enthusiasts & Overclockers like I am the MiG-21Bis is a bad module.

You better not activate it until you have found your rig's final config, anythig else results in deactivation for no logic reason as the HW remains the same.

Make your RAM faster = lic gone

Make your RAM slower = lic gone

pull 1 RAM = lic gone

change onboard devices activated/deactivated = lic gone

etc

etc

This is for as long as the module is out. Time to fix it I'd say.

I like the bird but hate the way they copy protected it.

Again, we, the paying customers pay the price in every aspect.

Respect towards us means to fix it. Anything else is not considered respect imho.

Enough time has passed, enough complains have been written down here in this forum, it should be enough for LN to see the need and show respect towards our patience, loyalty and frustration.

True..the Viggen is LN...you know what..I am not gonna buy it for this MiG21 reason. Fix that and I get the Viggen but I am not putting up with this with a 2nd airframe.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I like the bird but hate the way they copy protected it.

Again, we, the paying customers pay the price in every aspect.

Respect towards us means to fix it. Anything else is not considered respect imho.

Enough time has passed, enough complains have been written down here in this forum, it should be enough for LN to see the need and show respect towards our patience, loyalty and frustration.

True..the Viggen is LN...you know what..I am not gonna buy it for this MiG21 reason. Fix that and I get the Viggen but I am not putting up with this with a 2nd airframe.

I will never doubt even for a second that LNS has nothing BUT respect for it's customers considering what a good community this is and how much positive and honest feedback we give them. If they have problems fixing the license problem I doubt its their fault. They're busting their a**s off trying to polish-up the AJS for us, at least 50% of the community is sucking them off for the tomkitty, and you expect this somewhat small but hugely dedicated team to put even more focus into a problem that I'd imagine isn't even their fault...k den... Just give them a little more time okay? I'm sure they're trying to fix the problem as we speak. :)

"The DRM activation issues have costed us a tremendous amount of development time and will not be present on the Viggen"

-From the AMA.

I believe it was a mistake made when they were putting the MiG-21 in the starforce system.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Good to hear they have gotten rid of the Mig21 copy protection . I had major problems with it.

Every second time I loaded DCS it would want to to activate a Mig 21 licence activations. I very quickly ran out of activations and I couldn't fly it until I found the thread with the solution.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136153

That fix is not consistent, I have done it multiple times and just gave up on it tbh.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

"The DRM activation issues have costed us a tremendous amount of development time and will not be present on the Viggen"

-From the AMA.

I believe it was a mistake made when they were putting the MiG-21 in the starforce system.

Can you tell me where I can find the original statement (I don't know what AMA means).

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Can you tell me where I can find the original statement (I don't know what AMA means).

AMA stands for "ask me anything" and is common on Reddit, a general forums/news/community site. Leatherneck did an AMA thread in a Reddit flight sim community called hoggit a while back, where people asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers. You can find the thread here.

Currently, every time when DCS is started, my MiG-21 request reactivation, but this procedure doesn't eat any activation for me.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

AMA stands for "ask me anything" and is common on Reddit, a general forums/news/community site. Leatherneck did an AMA thread in a Reddit flight sim community called hoggit a while back, where people asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers. You can find the thread here.

And here's a link to the post by swither regarding drm for viggen: https://redd.it/5fdkal

That's good news :thumbup:

This issue happened to me also, but not only with the MiG-21 but with Mirage 2000c and Mi-8, the game just randomly asked me to re-activate those modules, that gives me reason to BELIEVE/ASSUME that it's an ED issue. However that should not influence anyone's purchase since you can just request a new re-activation code when you run low. For Free!

EDIT: Not a new code but new activations. Don't want any confusion :)

Edited by nogano00

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

This issue happened to me also, but not only with the MiG-21 but with Mirage 2000c and Mi-8, the game just randomly asked me to re-activate those modules, that gives me reason to BELIEVE/ASSUME that it's an ED issue. However that should not influence anyone's purchase since you can just request a new re-activation code when you run low. For Free!

EDIT: Not a new code but new activations. Don't want any confusion :)

Well, i guess it depends on how one sees it. They chose to use star-force DRM which is widely disliked in the gaming community because of problems just like this. I'm surprised we have as little problems as we have considering it's reputation. :P No matter! LNS claims we will have no such trouble with the Viggen and thats all the good news i need! :D

I can read the Viggen wont have it, NICE !!

What about the Mig21 ?

Will it remain like this or will they fix the SF CP issue ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk