A-10C Upgrade

Steph-JJ

^^ Not Gonna Happen, the A-10C in Real Life is like 8 Software Suites above the ones in DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

my mistake, early morning. i knew that.

Was gonna say typo, but I knew I had "8" on my mind for a reason

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Here is a little to do list:

HMCS, SDB`s, Laser + GPS Guidet Weapons, XR Tageting Pod, ........

Well... I wouldn't include the weapons as making/upgrading to a new Suite is quite complex.

Things like external 3D model, cockpit, and a lot of coding because of the new systems.

Plus, does it ED have the necessary documentation to do it?

Anyway, it's not an easy task to do! :music_whistling:

• 1 month later...

Actually I think ED has made the A-10C Suit 8 or more modern than Suit 3 in DCS.

But we just don't know it or get it because it would be done via military contract for operational training in simulators. Just think about it.... A contract for updates definetly must be there for the A-10C in the first place. As military would not buy a simulator that doesn't get updates for training when the real thing gets upgrades with millions....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Actually I think ED has made the A-10C Suit 8 or more modern than Suit 3 in DCS.

But we just don't know it or get it because it would be done via military contract for operational training in simulators. Just think about it.... A contract for updates definetly must be there for the A-10C in the first place. As military would not buy a simulator that doesn't get updates for training when the real thing gets upgrades with millions....

I doubt it. ED developed the desk top simulator, it was used for pilots during the transition from A to C models. They may have done up to suite 5 but I highly doubt anything further than that.