Bug: Killed but able to fly

• ED Team

Hi Coxy_99

ED and third party devs are aware of the issues with the damage model, and like you have mentioned it is across many modules.

A new damaged model is in the works we just have to be patient :)

if you have a the track and it is short enough I would like to see it, if it is a long one dont worry we can try to catch the dead but alive bug another time :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thought so, no worries, I will look out for it as well :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Was your virtual pilot killed or?

Sometimes, game concludes your plane suffered catastrophic damage and treats it as killed, and it becomes invisible on F10 map. However, even with dead engines, you may be near a base to which you can glide to and land. Or, aircraft can still be flyable and you can fly for a long time and land it.

So, the damage recognition system should be looked into, I guess. But Hawk losing a wing online and dogfighting afterwards should be a more pressing matter... Happened the day before yesterday.

Was your virtual pilot killed or?

Sometimes, game concludes your plane suffered catastrophic damage and treats it as killed, and it becomes invisible on F10 map. However, even with dead engines, you may be near a base to which you can glide to and land. Or, aircraft can still be flyable and you can fly for a long time and land it.

So, the damage recognition system should be looked into, I guess. But Hawk losing a wing online and dogfighting afterwards should be a more pressing matter... Happened the day before yesterday.

Not sure if im not in F-10 view i presume myself dead :( I guess we wait for a fix :)

When you disappear from F10 view, game counts that as aircraft lost. Consequently, it counts as if you were killed when online, and credits attacker with an AA kill. Offline, if rule calls for your landing to consider mission a success, your attempt would be counted as a fail and you will have to fly the same mission again.