Need some suggestions for MP

Simon1279

Hello everybody,

Me and a friend of mine, we want to play some MP coop, but the main problem is that we are both behind an ISP NAT (CGN), so we can't host sessions, another problem is that Hamachi (VPN in general) is not working with DCS, so at this point what can we do to play together, missions made by us in COOP ?

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

You should only need to open Port 10308 TCP/UDP on your router and forward it to your DCS PC.

The master server shows and manages the initial connection and the rest is normal UDP traffic...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank you very much for your help but it does seems to not be working if you're behing an ISP NAT.... where can i rent a server for just 5 players?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Bear in mind that you'd need a physical server with a DirectX11 capable video card in order to run DCS, at least until we'll get a proper standalone Server app.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Thank you very much for your help but it does seems to not be working if you're behing an ISP NAT.... where can i rent a server for just 5 players?

Yeah, right. Misunderstood ISP NAT. CGN does not support port forwarding, as it shares your IP-v4 address with other customers...

As for the server, you need a Windows server that supports DX11. There are Servers that use Nvidia GRID for virtual servers, but I'm not sure this is open to everybody. Usually this technology is used to scale online webgaming... :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Look for DMZ on router config and attrib your internal IP to it, then go to your lan card/network settings and make your internal IP as static, i'm not fully sure, but it might do the job, keep in mind all your ports be open... (My one are and in 4 years nothing happened to my computer)

Who cares...