Settings surviving repair / update...

ENO

Eh guys- sorry about this: Back in the day I'd know where to find this but to be honest I'm not sure what term / words to even search for.

Short version is I remember I was able to move modded files (graphics for the server computer for example) and put them in the saved games folder where they wouldn't get changed every time there was an update or a repair.

Where can we put those files? How do we link to the saved games DCS folder?

Thanks in advance.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Thanks Sabre- don't think that's quite what I was after though. No sarcasm- thank you for taking a crack at it.

I do know the saved games folder is there... and I have changed some settings there.

So as an example:

I want to go and adjust what equipment can be in what country. I go in and do it in one of the original game folders in Eagle Dynamics. I make those changes... Then oops! I screw something up and need to repair DCS. I repair and unfortunately any changes I've made are now gone- unless of course I've backed them up in which case I still need to go grab the backups and replant them where they belong.

I'm almost certain at some point there was a way to commit those changes to the saved games folder so that they wouldn't be "repaired."

Maybe I'm confusing it with another game?

"ENO"

I don't use it but there's something called JGSME that allows you to neatly remove/replace mods.

That it certainly the way to go for dealing with mods.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You know I've seen a lot about it but never used it... I don't use many "mods" per se but do need to do those routine file manipulations for the server. Maybe worth another look.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just stumbled into one of my old threads and found the method I was forgetting about.

"(Edit: In 1.2.4 they no longer recommend using the graphics.cfg / lua- create an autoexec.cfg as mentioned HERE . This will help preserve your graphics settings through updates and repairs.)"

Edited by ENO

"ENO"