Route blocked by Red Flag

flyco

I am trying to move a convoy, first on road and then off road. However, for no apparent reason, it suddenly zig-zags and eventually turns back on itself. On trying to investigate, I somehow prompted the appearance of a red flag, stuck into the map at the point where it started to go wrong.

I can find no reference to such a flag. Does anyone know what it means, or why the convoy suddenly deviates from the route?

Check page 13 of the Combined Arms manual. The Flag indicates the end point for your ground unit route.

For the off road waypoint do you have it set to Off Road in the Waypoint Type for the convoy group?

If they are all set to On Road then the AI will try and stay on the road even if the waypoint is off the road. This might explain the peculiar zig zagging you are seeing as the AI is trying to get to the waypoint but also trying to stay on the road.

865721190_CopyofMyLatestUserBar.jpg.7de4015a3eb32fcdad37644b87fcd7ab.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

This convoy starts on road and then turns off, at which point I have deifined it as "off road". There just seem to be some areas/points that it will not cross. I solved the problem by trial and error re-routing, but I could detect no obstruction, and it still puts in the occasional zig zag when it feels like it! Still, at least it is now consistent and ends up where I want it, and, by altering the speed a little, when I want it.

Incidentally, I can find no mention of a red flag in the manual, although I can see a blue flag - what do,they means and where are they defined? Who knows!

At one stage I ran it and followed them using F7, and they were well behaved except when a friendly chopper flew by, at which point the Tunguska in the convoy took itself apart from the main convoy, which scampered around like frightened sheep. I am not totally convinced at times that there aren't little pixies in some of them!