Saitek Cyborg Evo Force

So, thank you sim world I've added more joysticks to my setup. I was browsing ebay and picked up an msffb2, and then not much later I stumbled across a NEW IN BOX saitek cyborg evo force for $30 and figured "what the heck?".

My msffb2 hasn't arrived yet.. but the evo force got here and confirmed by what I'm reading..it seems like windows 10 64bit doesn't like the stick.

It''s a shame because upon using it..it does seem pretty much like a brand new stick, and I know the force feedback motors are working because it's limp until I plug it in, and then it has a centering force.

Anybody using this stick got it working in windows 10? If so how? I've tried the "'registry hack" after manually installing the windows 8 64-bit drivers. If I try to test it in the windows control panel with the "test force feedback" option checked however it crashes as soon as I hit a button that would trigger a force feedback test.

I've also tried just hopping into the ka-50 but the force feedback is stuck on centering mode. The stick works..the button presses work in the game but FFB just doesn't seem to be working..and wants to act purely as a centering stick.

I guess long story short.. anybody successfully using these sticks still? I mean..i knew it was a gamble when I bought it off ebay.. but if I can make this thing work... it'd be nice. As even though my msffb2 is on the way.. I'd kind of rather use the saitek until it dies and THEN pull out the ffb2.

I've seen youtube videos of people flying the ka-50 rather well with this stick. I'd love to be able to use it.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Update - So.. for some reason I decided to run the driver installation software for windows 8 64bit.. and it gets to the joystick properties screen and the FFB functions actually work! Darn stick almost rattled itself off of my platform.

But.. that's the extent of getting to see this stick perform. If I try to do it through windows control panel it goes back to crashing the moment i press a button to test the FFB.

And in DCS: BS2 it just doesn't work. It always returns to center after attempting to trim.

Now if I could just figure why it can function from the Driver installer software opening my controller properties but not when I go to usb game controllers via control panel..and not in DCS... I'd have my first FFB stick for force trim working >.<

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Bumping this thread with new info hoping someone can help me out.

What I've ended up doing is going to a dual boot system, where I can boot into win7 pro 64bit.

Having done so - in win7 the Evo Force installs drivers and tests force feedback functions everything works great. No crashes in the joystick testing page like from win10.

However it feels like the stick is always using return to center mode. I've disabled default spring in the windows properities.. set default/damper gain to 100%, spring gain to 38% as recommended in very old threads. I've run forcetest.exe and FFB functions are working there..using "constant force" i can get the stick to stay in different positions/directions. (i understand blackshark doesn't seem to give this stick full force hence why people remove the physical spring)

When I try to load DCS ka-50 however, it's still stuck in centering mode. I have tried swapping axis, swapping back, adjusting the force levels and "Force feedback" box is checked in the misc options.

I've unplugged all of my other peripherals aside form KB/mouse and the stick just wants to return to center when I trim. I'm currently downloading and installing il-2 bos to see if it's just DCS or other sims in general.. and while I've read up and understand I might need to disable the physical spring to get best results in blackshark 2, before attempting that I'd like to see the force trim work in game. I've seen youtube videos showing the stick not staying exactly put, however the force trim is still causing it to stay left or right or whereever they trim..

mine just goes back to center.. the motors just want to center the stick.. making it work like a standard center spring non-ffb stick.

Any ideas on why DCS isn't treating my ffb stick like an ffb stick?

*EDIT* - fully functional within IL-2 BOS. In win7. . Im going to try other modules within DCS World (FW-190) to see if it could be that I need to reinstall DCS.. maybe it's some registry settings I'm missing. - on another note.. experiencing FFB for the first time in IL-2 kinda blowing my mind. I couldn't see myself going back to flying with the extreme 3d pro for prop planes. I'll prob still use the trusty warthog for fly-by-wire like f-15c and probably even still use it in the a-10c... but I think I'm going to have to stick with FFB for say..the su-27, or any prop or bi plane.. and if i can get it working holding its place with force trim..choppers.

**Edit** Attempted it with the Dora, no FFB... just centering forces. No shakes on guns fired.. no shakes on stall.. going to attempt to install on a different harddrive..see if it inputs registry entries or perhaps an installation of directx will cure my woes. A fresh install did nothing...didn't have to reactivate installed modules either so Im thinking maybe the old data from dcs is still there...perhaps its .lua files?

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Nevermind.. I'll leave this up here for anybody with the evo force to use for tips or to continue trying to get it working...but my MSFFB2 just showed up and omg what a difference.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Headwarp

I just tried my old Saitek Cyborg Evo Force and after a lot of googling I found this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3028651&postcount=44

Look at the 'DCS 1.5.6.1938 Update 2017-02-10', 'DCS World'.

There is a line stating:

'Force Feedback can be enabled for Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick (need to add ‘input.blacklist_ffb = false’ line into \Saved Games\DCS\autoexec.cfg file).'

Now its working. Use the FF settings you already have seen.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=613286&postcount=31)

BR

/H

Edit:

the autoexec.cfg is supposed to be located in '\Saved Games\DCS\Config' and not in '\Saved Games\DCS\'

Edited by Holton181
  • Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

@Headwarp

I just tried my old Saitek Cyborg Evo Force and after a lot of googling I found this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3028651&postcount=44

Look at the 'DCS 1.5.6.1938 Update 2017-02-10', 'DCS World'.

There is a line stating:

'Force Feedback can be enabled for Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick (need to add ‘input.blacklist_ffb = false’ line into \Saved Games\DCS\autoexec.cfg file).'

Now its working. Use the FF settings you already have seen.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=613286&postcount=31)

BR

/H

Edit:

the autoexec.cfg is supposed to be located in '\Saved Games\DCS\Config' and not in '\Saved Games\DCS\'

Thanks Holton181, but I can't find the autoexec.cfg file.

And the config file just gives me Input, View, network.vault and options.lua files.

Can you give me any more clues?

Happy landings,

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Just create a new file in Notepad++ or similar (don't know if Microsoft Notpad works), add the line 'input.blacklist_ffb = false' without the two ' and save it as autoexec.cfg at the correct location.

Works in both DCS 1.5 and 2 (different locations though).

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just create a new file in Notepad++ or similar (don't know if Microsoft Notpad works), add the line 'input.blacklist_ffb = false' without the two ' and save it as autoexec.cfg at the correct location.

Works in both DCS 1.5 and 2 (different locations though).

Holton181,

Brilliant :thumbup: Worked like a charm :) Thank you very much for highlighting this issue on the forum; I had completely missed it on the update. My stick now works better than ever and the FF is great! (I use DCS Version 1.5)

I used Note Pad and put in in the Config folder.

Thanks again and happy landings,

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hey mate I guess you have ms ffb2 and Evo force at the same time . If so which one is better on dcs ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hey mate I guess you have ms ffb2 and Evo force at the same time . If so which one is better on dcs ?

Hi ebabil,

Sorry, but I only have the Saitek cyborg evo FF stick, not the ms ffb2.

I must say that I very much enjoy the Saitek cyborg evo; so much that I have a large stock of 2nd hand (ebay) fully working versions ready to last me for the next 12 years or so :)

Happy landings,

Bell_UH-1 side.png

could you make a short video which we can see stick and the sim at the same time? like this one:

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 11 months later...