How to lubricate or grease throttle?

Hi everyone, I just recently bought myself a Thrustmaster TWCS throttle (the one in the T.16000M HOTAS) and I noticed that it is sightly skippy at small inputs, but I know that is supposed to happen a little bit with cheaper throttles, but whenever I move the throttles, they make a small grinding sound, like metal to metal. So I was wondering if I could lubricate the rails the throttle slides on and if so, what can I use? Thanks.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

I always use silicone grease where ever it contacts plastic. Petroleum based lubricants will harm plastic over time. I've used a lot of other fancy lubes that are costly and have to be ordered, but I've always come back to plain old silicone grease. It's still my favorite, very affordable, long lasting, keeps well and can be found at any hardware store, just look for "plumbers grease".

8f8e0c4b-4c65-46cb-81aa-4f8c4e5e98fe_1000.jpg

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Ahh okay. Thanks for both of your responses. If anyone else has other tips to offer, that would be appreciated! :)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

I used this to grease a Hog Stick, haven't had the requirement to grease up the throttle yet

9k=9k=3674321663_6baf34d8af_z.jpg?zz=1

Its a Tamiya grease for their motors on the models which use Nylon gears. Had it on the stick for around 2 years and it works great

You can get it from Amazon

Also heard that a common problem with the Hog throttle, not sure if this applies, is the nylon strips TM install start to come away and quite a few people replace this with PTFE tape

Lithium is not good for this. Sure it won't melt the plastic, but it's quick to foul and get rachet-y again. It's a poor lubricant in its prime, and an even worse damping grease.

This is another use case for Nyogel 767a. It's a formulated for damping, and will add smooth controlled drag to the movement and it doesn't get ratchety or suffer sticktion long after other greases would have fouled.

Been using this stuff for a long time now for friction mechanisms (including throttles) and it's straight up magic. I spent years experimenting with different greases looking for this stuff, and it was really hard to get at first (world supply was depleted), though now readily available:

http://www.oveready.com/nyogel-lubricants/nyogel-767aa-dampening-grease-10g-tube-/prod_421.html

${1}

This grease is also the basis of how VKB's damping mechanisms work. Damping is critical for input devices with moving parts operated by humans... it significantly smooths our shakey tendencies, filtering out 'biological judder', allowing us to operate with higher finesse.

Here is Dow Corning Molykote 33 light grease, comes in medium or light. alot of rc helicopter guys use this on everything rubber and plastic where lube is needed. tube should last a lifetime.....:pilotfly:

https://www.amazon.com/Dow-Corning-Molykote-Grease-Lubricant/dp/B0141NIS8M/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1484078139&sr=1-2&keywords=Dow+Corning+Molykote+33

MB - Gigabyte Z97x UD3H....CPU - i5 4690k....Ram - Corsair Vengeance 8GB.... GPU - MSI 260x....PS - Corsair TX-650...Edifier 1280T Bookshelf Speakers....Windows 8.1