A-7 by RAZBAM confirmed!

MrDieing

Posted last night on their Facebook. Still miles away, going to be atleast MAYBE YEARS before we see her, but definately a bright future for RAZBAM! Also an interesting competitor for the upcoming Viggen!

Thoughts? Opinions?

Check out the full story and early pics here!

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! :)

I've never been a big fan of the A-7, but I'm glad to see RAZBAM is creating it.

Now I think we need a Vietnam map! :thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I prefer an A-7 rather than a Tucano...

That shouldn't even be a thing.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

it would be perfect with the F14

You misunderstood me. Saying that you prefer an A-7E over (Super) Tucano shouldn't ever be needed to be said in an ideal world. :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You misunderstood me. Saying that you prefer an A-7E over (Super) Tucano shouldn't ever be needed to be said in an ideal world. :)

I understood you. i just wanted to stress that it would be perfect with the F14. :)

I respect those who prefer the Tucano though. I just gave my own opinion. I personally wasnt excited at all to see them announce the Tucano.

I respect those who prefer the Tucano though. I just gave my own opinion. I personally wasnt excited at all to see them announce the Tucano.

I call that and raise you with how I would've skipped on quite a few modules if A-7E was already available (probably including the Viggen pre-order as well). For me, it would be a perfect Cold War dedicated single-pilot ground attack add-on to the DCSW and carrier ops are just an icing on the cake.

Edited by Dudikoff

The A-7 by RAZBAM isn't exactly new.. they had that project for a long time.

I'm fairly sure this was not very public before this. They probably had a Corsair in FSX going for a while now but this is fairly new, also considering that this is going to release AFTER M-IIICJ, and I think its safe to say that that particular aircraft is also not going to release anytime soon, so if they had it for that long of a time you claim they have, I'm sure we would have seen some more mature pictures and some more mature info on it.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I'm fairly sure this was not very public before this. They probably had a Corsair in FSX going for a while now but this is fairly new, also considering that this is going to release AFTER M-IIICJ, and I think its safe to say that that particular aircraft is also not going to release anytime soon, so if they had it for that long of a time you claim they have, I'm sure we would have seen some more mature pictures and some more mature info on it.

Actually no.. we've seen it before. RAZBAM is waiting for the A/G Radar, and it will come along with the F/A-18 module, that's why it was on hold.. F-15E is the same..

Prowler said a few times, that they are waiting for the radar.

Yeah, for people like me, A-7 is not exactly new from Razbam as they have stated they will be doing both the A-6 and the A-7. However, they will wait until ED comes with A/G radar functions in their SDK for 3rd parties, which means probably no A-7 at least until Hornet is already released in some form.

One thing I wonder, back then when talking about the Corsair, they have said module would include A-7D and A-7E, in this post they only say A-7E. Wonder if it'll be both or only one version.

This is probably the module that is most interesting for me in Razbam's list.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Pretty sure they confirmed it along time ago when they posted renders of the model like a year+ ago.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

A-6 too is on their list to do, which I am also very interested in. However I prefer A-7 over it, and by a considerable margin.

Back when they were talking about it however, it kinda seemed like A-6 would be the first one to be made.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script