A-7 by RAZBAM confirmed!

MrDieing

Thank you RAZBAM you are amazing .. buuuuttt

It is awosome that RAZBAM is working on A-7. Great aircraft. But I ask, do we not already have plenty of strike aircraft options. DCS could use more fighter/bomber types , modern 4 gen ACM and AG platform. F-16C/D/E Block 50/52+/60/CCIP, EFM\ASM high fidelity of F-15C, SU-27BM, Mig-29SMT. MIG-29K. I guess ED is working on F/A-18C. Former Leatherneck was working F-14

However if strike aircraft is what DCS needs, then good options would be SEPECAT Jaguar, and A-4M.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In RL SEAD in US military aviation is split between F-16C/D, F/A-18C/D/E/F/Growler. As long as the AC can take a HTS (Harm Targeting System), and pylon is cleared for HARM carry, any tactical aircraft become SEAD. IMHO, US and Allied air forces need to invest in new generation ALQ-131 V and/or system that can be installed inside the fuselage, with sensors/emitters. As Israeli F-16I do. Hanging a draggy ECM pod on a hardpoint , that could be used for ext tank, or munition, seems a bit wastefull. F-35 and F/A-22 use their AESA radar as ECM pod.

Speaking of AESA, AESA non-stealth equipped AC can use the radar set as ECM, but the set has to has to be looking along the threat vector of incoming SAM.

I understand that the A-7 is not current, but it DID do SEAD, and if it's modeled in then the SLUF is not a waste of a module, it will be a good SEAD plane for the US side. Looking at Razbam's progress on the Harrier, coupled with the fact that we might not see the F/A-18 for quite some time, I am not so sure that the Corsair II wouldn't be out before ED's Hornet!!

Well....there is the A-4E coming at some point that could buddy tank as well as carry and employ Walleye.

If you're talking about the Community A-4E, then you've got your info wrong. As of right now, it cannot employ guided weapons and they can't even get the AI to work with the buddy refueling pod, and it may not be possible at all without access to the SDK. They've had some success in finding workaround for systems like the Sidewinder, but it would be a mistake to assume they'll find workarounds to the issue of Walleyes, Bullpups, Shrikes or buddy pods.

I understand that the A-7 is not current, but it DID do SEAD, and if it's modeled in then the SLUF is not a waste of a module, it will be a good SEAD plane for the US side. Looking at Razbam's progress on the Harrier, coupled with the fact that we might not see the F/A-18 for quite some time, I am not so sure that the Corsair II wouldn't be out before ED's Hornet!!

Considering that the A-7

(and all other Razbam projects requiring Air-ground radar so A-6,F-15E,AV-8B+ etc)

have been said to be on-hold untill ED has finalized and released the Air-Ground Radar coding they are doing for the Hornet i dont think its likely that the A-7 would be release before the hornet.

(Especially with how many aircraft Razbam currently have on their lineup

so even after the air-ground radar code is released It might i dont know if the A-7 will be the first aircraft they will resume development off).

I wish the A-7 would be released first though as its one of my favorites =).

The original post I was referencing......

Plus it would be more easily acceptable as a SEAD aircraft for MP over the Hornet, in addition to carrying more HARMs as well? Its ability to use command guided walleye, and afaik the only aircraft lined up capable of carrying a buddy fuel pod gives plenty of reason.

In terms of real aircraft then the A-4 could do all of these things. In terms of upcoming modules these are things that the Community A-4 COULD bring.

I cry a little bit inside every time I see this forum as it reminds me of how long it will take to see this bird in action.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• 1 month later...

I didn't go through it, but might try here.....

http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/usa/vought/a-7corsairii/to-1a-7d-1-a-7d-corsair-ii-flight-manual.html

I imagine the USAF landed their Corsairs the same way as the USN did: carrier style everywhere. When the USAF got the F-4's they had to lesrn to fly the AoA indexer to the ground instead of flaring the a/c like they did in other planes. I'm speculating because I really don't know, but it makes sense in my mind!

~Rob

• 2 months later...
I didn't go through it, but might try here.....

http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/usa/vought/a-7corsairii/to-1a-7d-1-a-7d-corsair-ii-flight-manual.html

I imagine the USAF landed their Corsairs the same way as the USN did: carrier style everywhere. When the USAF got the F-4's they had to lesrn to fly the AoA indexer to the ground instead of flaring the a/c like they did in other planes. I'm speculating because I really don't know, but it makes sense in my mind!

~Rob

I'm not so sure that is entirely correct. I have watched many an Air Force F-4 land with the nose up in the air and keep it there for quite a while for aerodynamic braking. They certainly did not learn that from the Navy! It's one thing to fly the AOA indexer during the approach but the landing and roll out are something else again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I prefer an A-7 rather than a Tucano...

Me too! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 2 months later...

so just out of curiosty What sort of ranges did the A7's terrain following radar have?

A7A and the AN/ApQ 15 and the A7b the AN/APQ 16

also how would that compare o the AN/APQ 26 and 28 f the A7D/E variants.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD