Power lines

Reflected

Depends on speed, angle etc.

Helicopters usually die, Jets often cut / rip of the wires.

If you look in external view, you can see the missing wire(s).

In FC2 (yes effect is that old) you had even the wires lying on the ground... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I remember discussions about working cable cutters on helos. You may want to search for that topic.

I started started that thread in the SA342 forum regarding the wire cutters. :-)

Conclusion was, you have to hit the wires so that the cable cutter can cut the cable. Otherwise the cable cuts you ... (i.e. yes, wires are modelled and wire cutters as well).

Even fixed wing aircraft are affected - but they usually win against the wires (at least my experience). But you can notice a slight shudder in, for example, the A-10. In faster jets might not be noticeable at all, though.

Yes in 2.0 you get see blue flashes and you may or may not die. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.